Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexsus Or Toyota?

LeedsHP

Hello Guys.. I am new to this forum... I am thinking of buying a soarer but i want to know would it be registered as Lexus or as a Toyota? in Japan there is no Lexsus, so can people register an import as Lexsus although it came as Toyota? or r there 2 different types? If so what would be better for the insurance??

Thanks

AL

Hello Guys.. I am new to this forum...  I am thinking of buying a soarer but i want to know would it be registered as Lexus or as a Toyota? in Japan there is no Lexsus, so can people register an import as Lexsus although it came as Toyota? or r there 2 different types?  If so what would be better for the insurance?? 

Thanks

AL

its a toyota ! once a toyota allways a toyota

most people just re badge once over here

although the latest soarers are also known as the lexus SC430, the original ones were never released over here,

It is a toyota as said above

Do you want it to be a lexus?

If so you could import one and fill the reg form in as a lexus take the risk and see if they send you registration document with Lexus on it.

Not something i would do myself but everyone to their own.

Regarding insurance it shouldn't make a difference. Insurance companies (that do imports) will have it on their books as one or the other. Think of all the brokers/insurers I've spoken to, only one ever called it a Lexus.

My first Soarer had Lexus badges but was a Toyota on the V45, insurance, MOT etc. My current one is badged Toyota and all the paperwork says Toyota. (After the respray it'll be wearing gryphon badges back & front) :winky:

Just to clarify;

ALL RHD Soarers are imported from Japan as Toyotas. Some say Lexus on the docs, but not many, so its probably not easy to do!

LHD cars were sold in the USA (where Lexus exists!) as Lexus SC400 and SC300's (4ltr and 3ltr).

Insurance co's are what you come to expect from insurance co's.....generally a bunch of useless (insert abusive name here)!!

Some will tell you that Toyota Soarer's don't exist, some will tell you Lexus Soarer's don't exist (true), most will only have one version on their books and it will be a diferent price if they have both! Some call it Lexus SC400's, some call it Lexus Soarer, some call it Toyota Soarer, some call it anywhere in between....one has Lexus 400CS on their books!!

Best bet is to buy it as it comes and just re-badge it as you want once you have it. Just remember that its a Toyota after all ;)

Good luck!

Thanks for every one responded here.. that helped a lot.. however:

I have seen some cars in my last visit to Dubai, those were RHD with Lexus badge on them.. I believe they were imported from Singapore hence it was lexsus, not sure though...

So it's a Toyota then! i will buy one next week.. so wish me some good luck!

Cheers

AL

Thanks for every one responded here..  that helped a lot..  however:

I have seen some cars in my last visit to Dubai, those were RHD with Lexus badge on them.. I believe they were imported from Singapore hence it was lexsus, not sure though...

So it's a Toyota then! i will buy one next week.. so wish me some good luck!

Cheers

AL

Do not buy a car from Dubai !!!!!!!

This where all the stolen and clocked cars go from japan etc.

Just be safe and get one from japan at least this way you have a better chance of getting a really nice clean and honest car.