Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audi A4 Tdi

Mr Morse

Question from Germany: What is wrong with a plate like "L3X 1"? Is it the gapping? How should it look like?

BTW mine is: SL-IS 208 (we don't have custom plates, be sure I like your number-plates :) )

P4161959.sized.jpg

I think this kind of plate looks terrible :sick: and totally uncool :duh:

I remember seeing a Jeremy Clarkson programme and in Switzerland when you pass your test you are given a registration No. which you keep and transfer from car to car as and when you change cars. Also in the local "newsagent" you can buy a directory which gives all the car reg.No,s and your address.

Question from Germany: What is wrong with a plate like "L3X 1"? Is it the gapping? How should it look like?

BTW mine is: SL-IS 208 (we don't have custom plates, be sure I like your number-plates :) )

I think this kind of plate looks terrible :sick: and totally uncool  :duh:

Your numberplate would look better if it was SL-IS 200, though!

UK plates have to be in one of the following formats (starting with the oldest two):-

ABC 123

123 ABC

ABC 123A

A123 ABC

AB12 ABC

In the first three examples there can be 1, 2 or 3 digits (and in the first example 1, 2 or 3 letters - these are very old numberplates).

The last example (our current numberplate style) must be in that format, always 2 letters followed by 2 numbers followed by 3 letters.

As you can see, LEX 1 would be okay (same format as ABC 123), but L3X 1 (letter, number, letter, number) would not.

There are plenty of cops on this forum, I'm sure one of them will be along to correct any errors in my post (especially concerning the oldest styles).

Okay, Andi, admit it - what you'd really like to hear is how dazzling your polished intercooler is  :D

:bling: :bling: :bling:

Okay. So true :blush: :D

SL-IS 200 is registrated by a GOLF! :yack:

SL-SC 200 is free I belive. But it costs plenty of money to re-register the car.

So I hope to achieve 208bhp on the dyno :D

Ehrmm. I think the Audi must be registrated under a different number? It is running with no registration? Puha! A ! :blink: