Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h Official Prices

:blink:

RX400h prices from Lexus....

Base Model £35,485    With ICE £37,685

SE            £39,540    With ICE £41,740

SE Nav      £41,785    With ICE £43,985

SE-L          £44,350

So guess I better start looking down the back of the sofa for £44,350!!

John

:blink: Thats a lota lota dough

Far too much, try working out exactly how many miles you would have to do with your extra 7-10 mpg to recoup the extra £5000+ over a RX300.

NOT WORTH IT!

I do not agree! If you are buying the RX400h to save money on the fuel you're may be right. But if, like me, you are buying the RX400h for the extra power without having to spend too much money on th fuel then it's a right choice. The RX400h compares to a ML500 or X5 4.4i i and You should not consider buying this car to save money but for the performance with a reasonable fuel consomation.

whoa! thats even more expensive than the predicted £5000 add-on to the price of the rx300.

I looked at the prices of the RX300 on lexus.co.uk and found that the prices have actually increased by about £1000 - i bought mine last year, got no discount and paid 37,950.

OK, the 400h will be faster but to get the se-l it would cost £6500 more than my rx300 se-l cost last year. Thats way out of control considering no air suspension and, according to the american forum, no leather on the door panels (cost cutting me thinks)!

I did a motorway drive today from weston super mare to nottingham and got 28.3mpg average on the trip computer. The 400h would not achieve that due to larger 330 engine.

Economy will only be had in the city driving situation and then apparently only once its warmed up and run in a few thousand miles and so on....(the american forum is making interesting reading just now)

I think the 400h is a great new toy but it is bordering on being a gimmick. If you want to go faster, buy a bigger engined car, if you want economy a diesel is still better. If you want both......this car isn't the magic solution it was marketed as.

I (we - it's my wife’s car :winky: ) want the extra performance. Not to fussy about extra fuel economy - guess you don't spend North of £40k on a car and scrimp on fuel. :yawn:

We also do most of our driving around town.

We don't want an X5 or M Class as the service we experienced at both dealers was awful.

My wife loves the RX300 and doesn’t want to change brand.

With regards to it being a gimmick, well if it is then that's ok as well. Marketing people call my type an 'early adopter'. I like all that is new. To be honest I am at the stage of just plain wanting one, need it, nope, just want...

Just a bit worried that when we are being big kids she will be able to beat me away from the lights in my remapped 225 TT (280bhp) Naaaaa I'll still be safe! :winky:

PS Plus Kids can't wait to see DVDs in the back!

I'd definitely be characterised as an 'early adopter' too - I took delivery of my first rx300 at 9am may 15th 2003 (release date).

I had the deposit down on the hybrid in january '04 too.

However I'm still glad i bought my sel last July and didn't keep waiting for the hybrid - the delays were driving me crazy and as it gets closer to the release date I feel there are a few too many drawbacks appearing on the US forum to buy the car without seeing how it performs in the UK.

I'm doing my best to take a step back and see what happens instead of jumping in with both feet this time.

I currently have an IS200. Been looking to change to an RX ever since I test drove one. Trying to be all eco friendly and to stop wife from being shunned at school drop off thought the Hybrid was a good idea but £40K plus seemes excessive.

I really like the technology but but for the sake of £12k rather buy used RX300 SEL used.

50% of my milage is schlep into work rest is motorway miles. Would it be any better to the planet?

I currently have an IS200. Been looking to change to an RX ever since I test drove one.  Trying to be all eco friendly and to stop wife from being shunned at school drop off thought the Hybrid was a good idea but £40K plus seemes excessive.

I really like the technology but but for the sake of £12k rather buy used RX300 SEL used.

50% of my milage is schlep into work rest is motorway miles. Would it be any better to the planet?

I can get 25 mpg on a motorway run from Essex to Swindon if I turn off the aircon and use the cruise control to stay legalish (80).

As for the greenies screw em, doesn't matter what we do in this country because its the US who are killing the planet, so if you can't beat em join em ! The 4x4 haters are just jealous anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links