Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

99 Octane Fuel

I do believe there is an element of some truth to the gadget tho do not have a clue how it works. Way back in world war 2 hurricanes taken to russia fitted with a similar device (actually was a wee bag o the activating bits which did include tin) to enable their engines to run on the ruski avgas and it did work. Have heard mention that it catylyzes the fuel but no being a science boffin sort o guy, do not have a clue how, why etc. Also heard of a similar gadget being used on older motors

Will try n post a validating link anyway if i can find one

Cheers

Evil Omar

On a note of Octane... I was @ GTi International yesterday (yeh i know  :blush: ) and there was some chap selling this small inline Fuel Octance booster... which is supposed to increase 95ron fuel to 100ron just by putting this device inline.

Something to do with magnesium and Tin? Tin apparantly increased octane in the fuel... Comany is called - Formula Power. They advertise in Banzai and costs £75...

He said he will be @ JAE... they sell for £50 @ shows

hmmmmmmmm  :unsure:

I do believe there is an element of some truth to the gadget tho do not have a clue how it works. Way back in world war 2 hurricanes taken to russia fitted with a similar device (actually was a wee  bag o the activating bits which did include tin) to enable their engines to run on the ruski avgas and it did work. Have heard mention that it catylyzes the fuel but no being a science boffin sort o guy, do not have a clue how, why etc. Also heard of a similar gadget being used on older motors

Will try n post a validating link anyway if i can find one

Cheers

Evil Omar

On a note of Octane... I was @ GTi International yesterday (yeh i know  :blush: ) and there was some chap selling this small inline Fuel Octance booster... which is supposed to increase 95ron fuel to 100ron just by putting this device inline.

Something to do with magnesium and Tin? Tin apparantly increased octane in the fuel... Comany is called - Formula Power. They advertise in Banzai and costs £75...

He said he will be @ JAE... they sell for £50 @ shows

hmmmmmmmm  :unsure:

methinks this may be it

http://www.broquet.co.uk/faq.htm

:driving:

Just another quick follow up, ive used a few tanks of this and im quite impressed, bp ultimate was giving me 300 miles if i was easy on the accellarator - MAX....with this 99 RON i am always getting between 325-350 same driving style, more often hard than not, and every time i go back it keeps getting cheaper, full tanks have gradually come down from £60 odd to today it was just over £50, dont normally look at the price but today when i t was full at £50 i had to go back and look at the price on the pump 82.9p/l...so far so good, although i havent really every used optimax on a regular so cant compare it with that :)

this is all very intresting, especially about that broquet stuff. any one recon its any good?

SHAHZ - you must have a very heavy right foot. I always get well over 350 per tank and I occasionally get 400 when doing long motorway journeys. I'm using optimax btw

SHAHZ - you must have a very heavy right foot. I always get well over 350 per tank and I occasionally get 400 when doing long motorway journeys. I'm using optimax btw

:whistling: i do tend to wear my lead boots quite often :D, i mainly do in town & dual carriage way driving :driving: , and i think its due to the congested london roads (start stop traffic :angry: ) and that its an auto that im not getting up to the 400s.....Jim you must be well behaved with the accelerator to be getting 400 miles :driving::lol:

I'd need to put mine on a transporter to get 400 miles out of a tank :hehe:

What sort of miles you getting Neil?? type of driving intown/motorway?? how hard do you drive it?? type of fuel?

Get about 320 - 340, at the moment about 50/50 A roads/Dual Carriageway, generally keep it "singing" between 4500 and red line, use SUL and re-set the ECU every couple of weeks.

Had about 27 to the gallon recently with the Mrs following up the M1 up to Stafford in her Pug cos she didn't know where she was going :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links