Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The dealer is offering me a paint sealant that u do not need to polish for 3 yrs and some stuff that u dont need to wipe your plastic surfaces so often etc, for £300

is it worth it? does it work??

My Lex was Supaguarded two years ago and to be honest I did not notice too much of a difference.

There is a lot of info on this site regarding car care products and my suggestion would be to research the info, invest in the products mentioned, and do the job yourself. End result...a better result and save yourself a lot of dosh. :P

Thanks,

its just that i have never heard of somethingt that you dont have to polish!

and for £300 it is a fair bit of money and was wondering whether it actually works or not or one of their gimmicks

im not too bothereed about the products they give me, just the dash coating for less dust and the polish and wax free paint thing

Thanks,

its just that i have never heard of somethingt that you dont have to polish!

and for £300 it is a fair bit of money and was wondering whether it actually works or not or one of their gimmicks

im not too bothereed about the products they give me, just the dash coating for less dust and the polish and wax free paint thing

I think you missed my point. Don't go for the dealer Supaguard treatment as it's a waste of money. Check out the advice on this site (click on the 'Car Car Centre' above and you'll see loads of options). Of course it probably means doing the job yourself but the results are worth it!! B)

• 3 months later...

[/it's the first time I've replied to a question on the LOC, even though I've been a member for quite a few months now, but it's about time as this Superguard treatment I got hurt me in the pocket; really was a waste of £250.

When I bought my GS a year ago I mentioned it to a valeter who warned me not to have the Superguard done... but I thought I knew better....how wrong I was!

Lexus staff (who on the whole are hard working guys), propaganda as they make the car cleaning experience sound as if your pride and joy cannot do without it!!

As other guys have mentioned; go out and buy decent products and do it yourself, as this not requiring waxing for 3 yrs mumbo-jumbo is total RUBBISH!!

Read the labels and enjoy (sounds like hard work but it isn't) .. you'll get better satisfaction.. do a better job and the shine will look and last longer!!

• 2 years later...
It's the first time I've replied to a question on the LOC, even though I've been a member for quite a few months now, but it's about time as this Superguard treatment I got hurt me in the pocket; really was a waste of £250.

When I bought my GS a year ago I mentioned it to a valeter who warned me not to have the Superguard done... but I thought I knew better....how wrong I was!

Lexus staff (who on the whole are hard working guys), propaganda as they make the car cleaning experience sound as if your pride and joy cannot do without it!!

As other guys have mentioned; go out and buy decent products and do it yourself, as this not requiring waxing for 3 yrs mumbo-jumbo is total RUBBISH!!

Read the labels and enjoy (sounds like hard work but it isn't) .. you'll get better satisfaction.. do a better job and the shine will look and last longer!!

Sound advice given from us all, but Boo never came back as to whether he had the Supaguard treatment or not :huh: Let's hope he didn't fall for the Sales BS <_<

Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes (to me).

My black GS was done 9 months ago and the car still gleams straight from the car wash. My judgement was coloured though by the fact that I saved several grand when I bought the car (by travelling down to Lexus Newcastle), so the Lexus Bodycare (same as Superguard I guess) was easier to justify.

OK in my case I always regarded waxing as a waste of time, something some of you will no doubt regard as heresy :ohmy: I do like a clean car though. On balance I feel it was worth it.

Not so sure about doing the inside though, since my beige drivers seat is looking grubby now. A conventional leather cleaner will be needed to clean it, so the Bodycare seems to be no advantage inside.

Cheers,

IanB :D

Hi guys,

I didnt get it int he end so i ahve no idea how it compares but it seems fine, car stays fairly clean and i often take it to tescos for a clean and polish both in and out when i do some shopping anyways. the cars quite big and bulky and cant be bothered to clean it myself so thats my excuse! no major swirls or anything really compared to a friends x5 also silver and and about the same age. so not bad really, not sure how he washes his but still farily happy!

however the wheels get dirty quite easily with the brake dust. oh and the exhaust tips get quite a bit skanky if u dont clean them properly regularly

• 1 month later...

i've seen two cars with supaguard

first was a parked z4, and the gleam, shine, deep gloss, wet look was fab. walked over to it and had a supaguard sticker int he windscreen

2nd one was a friends civic, that i've never seen up close. saw it in traffic on a dull morning, but it was gleaming. it'sa few years old but seemed amazing from the distance considering he says he's never waxed in over a year!