Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Is The Highest Mileage Is200 Out There ?

Just a simple topic. I've been kinda been wondering about this for a while.

What is the highest mileage IS200 out there ? Who owns one with greater than 100k, or 150k plus on the clock?

Be interested to hear of any issues etc. I'm sure most people like me won't ever get that high with the same car.

I heard of a volvo racking up 250k on the same gearbox/engine sometime ago.

I was talking to the service manager at my local lexus dealer recently (Lexus Bradford, W Yorks) he says the highest IS200 that this dealership has seen is an '01' IS200SE with 250k on the clock and still running on the same engine and gearbox!!!! Currently being used as a minicab.

IS200 as a minicab- not the obvious choice i'd of thought???

I think it was Wosket (john) until he had an accident......over 100k but looked like a 30k motor. :D

Intresting to see who it is now though.

yep, 110k now, well up until last month!

I think it was Wosket (john) until he had an accident......over 100k but looked like a 30k motor. :D

Intresting to see who it is now though.

I think Lexus Jim has over 100k on his motor too

yeah, jim's IS has done more than mine.

IS200 as a minicab- not the obvious choice i'd of thought???

I think he was a member on here a few months back,a blue one if i remember correctly.

i think that was nodstar wasnt it?

i had a look too buy one last yearin january that had 138,000 on itIIRC it was V reg but dont remember the year, took it out for a test drive then in december bought mine same car Auto SE etc just mine has no sat nav and only got 52,000 on it, You couldnt tell the mileage just by driving it same excellent condition no noises just a perfect car really.

Only thing that put me off was the high mileage even though it had a full Lex history just wasnt sure of it.

Nick

• 5 years later...

Just a simple topic. I've been kinda been wondering about this for a while.

What is the highest mileage IS200 out there ? Who owns one with greater than 100k, or 150k plus on the clock?

Be interested to hear of any issues etc. I'm sure most people like me won't ever get that high with the same car.

I heard of a volvo racking up 250k on the same gearbox/engine sometime ago.

Hi,

I've got a 2002 IS200 Sport with Aeropack which I purchased brand new in July 2002. I used to do loads of miles but for the last 2 years I've resorted to using the train so my mileage is not that great. Since the car was new I've used it for towing a boat regularly and carrying alot of heavy things. The car has always been driven hard (ish).

The car has just gone through it's MOT with no problems having covered just under 206,000 miles. Despite all the towing and hard driving etc the car is on it's original clutch and is still great to drive. The only problem I've had is with a faulty lamdor sensor on the cat. Other than that the car has been great and can only be described as awesome. It's totally original other than it's had a replacement Battery. I intend keeping it for as long as I can and I'd like to think 300,000 will be achievable without any major problems (may need a clutch by then!).

How on earth could I ever consider getting rid of a car that would cost circa £30K to repalce new and yet is now only worth about £1K. What a car!

And 'Larry' still looks damn sexy!

• Like 1

i seen a post of australia landcruiser 80 that is used to drive up the railway lines to maintain them that had a million miles on the clock with the same engine and box wonder if the is200 would do that

iv got a 2001 is200 sport 165k miles , iv had it for 6 years had a full lexus service history till i got it then iv done most the services my self, a few at local garage, iv had no major problems, rad was leaking slightly when i got it , and the water pump gave up at about 120k.

cant belive the price they are going for now,

• 2 weeks later...

my old lexus is200 what i crashed on christmas had 226k and it was still going never missed a beat untill i stuffed it into a barrier

Lots of cars will make huge mileages mechanically - all due to metallurgy & lubricants. I kept a 1959 Fiat 600 for 36 years, just to use when successive main cars needed TLC or when I was skint & needed something that used very little fuel, and that did 306,000 miles. For the last 106,000 never changed oil, filter or plugs etc. just to see what would happen. All that happened was the body just crumbled away around the mechanics, but it still drove OK. Of course, its engine was too weak to do itself any harm so that helped. So really, the IS200 just hasn't been around long enough to see how many miles it could do given normal care & servicing etc.

In theory you could change the oil/filter at the right mileage interval and trust the rest to the MOT check and how the car feels to identify faults. Trouble is that it would be difficult to sell on and you would lose more in depreciation than servicing costs. Makes sense once a car reaches its plateau value.

In theory you could change the oil/filter at the right mileage interval and trust the rest to the MOT check and how the car feels to identify faults. Trouble is that it would be difficult to sell on and you would lose more in depreciation than servicing costs. Makes sense once a car reaches its plateau value.

Thats my plan, the car's a Jap import so has no history anyway, I'll do all the servicing myself and through my hand to any other work that needs doing, I plan on keeping the car a good while so don't see the point in paying crazy labour costs to get a service history.

• Like 1