Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Is The Highest Mileage Is200 Out There ?

My previous is200 navigator auto had 120k when purchased.

When i was done with it after a year it had 163k, same engine and gearbox

Only parts i had to change was the thermostat, brakes and discs!

My new recent lexus iv bought has 63k and drives the same as my old one..

mines a w reg sport, done 106k and needs loads work... bushes, bearing, cracked windscreen, sunroof seal,, dodgy clutch, a full service, missing 2 whhelnuts, need clips and shims for the brakes not to mention inside tyre wear BUT IT STILL DRIVEs

• 2 weeks later...

my w reg se has got 149 thousand on the clock and its just got through its m.o.t. with only needing a lower ball joint which cost me £125 in total(mot , ball joint and labour) , there were no advisories and the cynical mechanic was amazed , he said my lexus has changed his mind about them completely and it was lovely to drive , the emissions were spot on which what concerned me the most especially as i fitted a k&n panel filter . :winky:

• 5 years later...

My is200 had 128,000 on when I sold it in 20190 ,it was an 02 plate which had 8000 on when I bought it , apart from servicing n tyres nothing at all went wrong in 120000 miles,it drove like new when I sold it !

i also have a Toyota hi ace van which I've owned for 10 years that's got 260,000 on it now and still going strong,it's a Y plate and goes through MOTs with minimal bits ,I had to get a new number plate and bulb to get it through the last one !

• 3 weeks later...

Mines on 166,000 miles on a 2002 plate. I've only had it a few weeks but it drives and runs like a new car. There's a few age related bumps on the body work but the paint is in good condition and the interior is nice too. I'm really happy with it. 

image.jpeg

Min's on 124k and I've just had the cam belt replaced (2nd time of doing) as they are @ 60k intervals.  The old one looked perfect!.  The auxillary belts were also replaced as they were original and the only one that was a bit cracked was the alternator belt, which I thought was the case as I had a sqeak under load.  Running perfectly, engine and box are like new.  In all the 124k it's never needed anything replacing under the bonnet apart from normal service items.

But the bloody wheels need refurbing (again).  Previous ones were from Lexus but I'm not going there again as they only last about 18 months before showing major signs of corrosion.  So currently looking for somewhere in Essex that will do a good job with minimal fuss.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Mines a 2002 IS200 Sport and has 162,000 miles on it,

Last year had to have a new radiator which had done 150,000 miles on the original rad, over heated 6 times and is still running a year later. These engines are bullet proof.

Had to have cambelt / water pump and aux belt change this year, along with lower ball joints as a precaution due to them starting to knock. 160,000 miles on original ball joints is pushing it.

But I've also had years of trouble free motoring from the car. This was just routine maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got 142k on mine, I changed the rad at 135k as it had a slight weep on the top left. Whilst I was in there I also changed the water pump but on inspection the old one was fine - bearings were nice and smooth with no play. I also changed the ancillary belts at the same time. As said, these engines really are built to last.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

mine is currently at 310k kilimeters, i have owned almost 5 years. bought it at 224k, it has had two ignition coils fail (easy fix, and just drove home on 5 cylinders - also that was likely caused by slight oil leak from cam cover filling spark plug holes/ ignition coils with oil. still have not gotten around to fixing that). and 1 fuel pump fail. luckily that was on the weekend. just left it at shops and got siblings to help me tow it home next day. bought new fuel pump and installed following day and it was back on the road. has been a very reliable car. less issues than any other car i've owned despite higher k's. 

note: mine is a 1999 toyota altezza as200 (same as lexus is200 minus some features). it has the 1gfe engine and basic 4 speed auto gear box. still shifts perfectly smooth. just changed atf recently for the first time. 

i top up oil once a month, goes through maybe 8 litres a year (slight oil leak). have only done a proper oil change on it once, also changed the oil filter at that time. 

was going to change the timing belt on it, but for the life of me i couldnt get the crank bolt undone and the belt looked perfect so i gave up. still have the new belt in the wardrobe...

1 other minor issue was the heater was weak, reverse flushed the heater core and changed the thermostat and now its good as gold.

On 7/18/2010 at 11:08 PM, x_shaun said:

i seen a post of australia landcruiser 80 that is used to drive up the railway lines to maintain them that had a million miles on the clock with the same engine and box wonder if the is200 would do that

Ha, chickenfeed! Some while ago, canna remember where, I read an anecdote that went like this. Punter, observing colossal mileage on V8 Landcruiser, remarked that there were very few vehicles that would surpass 500K miles on Australian outback roads. The odometer doesn't tell the whole story, the other party replies. It's now over halfway into its fourth million miles.

Apparently it was used year-round, day and night, as a support for freight road trains — when they break down, it's likely to be a looong way from mechanical assistance.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/16/2005 at 11:39 AM, baby_lexus said:

Just a simple topic. I've been kinda been wondering about this for a while.

What is the highest mileage IS200 out there ? Who owns one with greater than 100k, or 150k plus on the clock?

Be interested to hear of any issues etc. I'm sure most people like me won't ever get that high with the same car.

I heard of a volvo racking up 250k on the same gearbox/engine sometime ago.

I used to own a 247k is200 and sold it in full working condition so it could still be out there

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mine's a W reg IS200, and I've had it since new (it was my company car for 3 years then I bought it for 12K in 2003 - best £12k I ever spent).  Mileage is currently around 142K.  Sailed through last MOT with no advisories.

Never broken down, never had anything go wrong other than regular wear and tear.  Despite being serviced by Lexus till about 2016 they had never replaced the cam belt - caught it just in time in 2019 when the garage also replaced the radiator (as they broke it).

I'm getting some clunking/squealing from the steering at full lock/cold that I need to get looked at but otherwise it's still sweet to drive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...