Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Un-acceptable Experience

Fever

I promised myself that I wouldn’t do this, but enough is enough and my totally un-acceptable experience needs to be highlighted to the committee and members of LOC.

Ok, I will start at the beginning. Back in October (2004) I ordered a Legana style front bumper, for the IS200, from Altezza Sports and Prestige. I made the payment straight away for the bumper to be painted and shipped to my door.

Considerable time passed (roughly 2 months) with no sign of the bumper or update from Scott, so I chased him for the latest. I received a text saying that the front bumper he sold me was the last one he had in stock and it had been cracked beyond repair whilst at the shop where it was being sprayed. I was also advised that a new one had been ordered, but it was on its way from Japan. I was extremely disappointed at the news and annoyed that I hadn’t been kept in the picture!

A further two months passed by with myself having to continually pester Scott for updates, to which I was always advised that it was on its way!

Then, at some point in February, Scott advised that the bumper had finally arrived. I expressed my disappointment again in being made to wait so long for something I had already paid for, to which Scott replied ‘I’ll refund you the money if you wish’. This was not the point...this was something I wanted and had already waited long enough to receive. But I decided to continue waiting as the bumper was now in Scott’s possession.

Around the same time I asked if anybody had a set of Wald eyelid’s for sale by posting on LOC. Another member of LOC questioned whether I had received my bumper yet as he knew I was still waiting. Scott kindly responded, by offering me a free set of Wald eyelids, painted, to compensate for the wait on my front bumper. I took Scott up on the offer and continued to wait.

A few weeks later I expressed an interest in a TRD rear lip which Scott was selling. A favourable price was agreed and I continued to look forward to my shipment.

A further two months passed and at the end of April beginning of May there was still no sign of my goods...along the way I had been chasing Scott for updates. At this point in time Scott advised he was waiting for a box large enough to send the goods to me safely.

Finally, today, 17th of May 2005 I got a phone call from my brother to say that my shipment had arrived. He began by saying that it had arrived in a very battered poorly wrapped cardboard box. I was a bit bothered by this and asked if he could unpack everything and keep it in the house till I arrived home.

I arrived home this evening and angry would be an under statement!!

The front bumper is badly cracked on the corner, top and bottom and you can see where a poor attempt to patch it up has taken place. The paint finish is terrible in places and cracked with the paint flaking off in others. Scott also advised that the bumper would come with mesh...there is no mesh!

The rear skirt is dirty, scuffed, and scratched all over. Oh, and the eyelids are unpainted.

I want some answers now Scott! What will you be doing about this? I have spent my hard earned money on these items and waited over 7 months for utter *****!

Your comments please!

OMG, 7months for me would be totally unacceptable.

But then to get it battered and beat up is just like a punch in the nuts.

Sorry to hear you had this bad ordeal.... I think Its unacceptable personally even though i have had dealings with ASP.

I really feel for you mate. That is a bad situation you have gone through.

If it were me I would be in the same state of anger you are in right now OR worse.

But on saying that.

I ordered a front spoiler from Scott at ASP and it was a great price. It came in pristine condition. Very carefully packaged. And it fitted perfectly with no modification. I can only sing his praises.

wow, that is bad service. Makes it even worse someone tried to patch it up and take the *****.

7 months though WOW, amazed you havent said anything already, i'd be fuming!

hope you get things sorted, you must me ******!

kinda makes me glad I didn't order one now!

I've ordered alot of stuff from Scott over the last few months and I am over here in Ireland! Everything I have recieved has been top notch and I dont have any complaints at all with ASP and I would have no problem recommending them. Thats not to take away from your situation mate! I am sure this will all be resolved amicably!

Neil, I can only appologise for your "ordeal". :crybaby:

I have sinced changed supplier as this was the reason why the SILLY waiting time was incurred to which i can only agree with your upset and anger as i was and still am of the same angry over the situation.

I offered to to give you a full refund with no questions asked several times, as i know this is what i would have wanted myself to which you declined and seemed happy to wait.

I then offered to give you the eyebrows for free as another way of appologising to which i stated they would not be painted... ( In hindsight i should have got them painted when the bumper was painted but i can`t turn back time) and once again i can only say sorry.

The only thing i can do in this case is to offer you a full refund and you can do with what you please with the goods... ie get them repainted etc etc...

Neil, i accept that your experience is totally unacceptable and i accept my public flogging.

Scott

Public flogging :ohmy:......you deserve more than that!!!

Neil you know my thoughts on this matter,it is totally unacceptable for a trader to mess members around in this way as all traders on here promise first rate service and quality products,considering you paid for this item 7 months ago,Scott should of told you the maximum amount of waiting time for the item as he ships from Japan all the time so he should know his market,and to offer you a poxy set of eyelids as some goodwill gesture is taking the p**s.

I think Scott should now pull out all the stops for you and replace the item as you dont want it fixed/repaired after all you paid for it months ago and after it arrived it was still incomplete (no mesh)......Scott do you check orders b4 you package/post them???????......maybe its because you've got a Lexus rather than a Altezza that you've been treated this way :angry:

It make my blood boil that co's treat customers in this way,as long as they have got the payment thats all they are worried about.

The only thing i can do in this case is to offer you a full refund and you can do with what you please with the goods... ie get them repainted etc etc...

Scott

Thats the easy way out,i think he should get it repaired and you should cover the cost of this and refund his money.

Shoddy customer service mate.....Obviously it was the posties fault eh. ;)

If you order a new one from ASP(if you really have to)i will pick it up for you as i go near Warrington twice a month neil. :)

Oh this is where the following posts will no doubt praise the services of ASP. :angry:

i have not had any dealings with scott so cant praise or scold ASP..

my view...

7 months is a long time, wouldnt have been so bad if goods arrived in perfect condition and complete.

offering a full refund whilst goods are on order i think is pointless as the customer still wants the stuff (after 3 months wait)

well done though scott for taking this on the chin, ,im sure there will be more comments..good and bad..

now neil has been waiting sooo long that to ship it back to you now just adds mooooooore time...so if i was him i would ask you to foot the bill of repairing and spraying the bumper (via a reputable bodyshop or so) then i would be appeased...

of course the mesh willbe sent (a scott), and yes neil will know its been repaired.. so if ASP refund a portion of the original price (as basically the bumper is in a used second hand state) AND pays for the repair of the bumper.....

Or neil can wait to find a new one from elesewhere.

Scott,

Thank you for your comments, but I would like to highlight a couple of things to you. Firstly, a refund was only offered once, but as I said before, that wasn't the point, I wanted the goods and had already waited a considerable amount of time!

I have been more than patient over the 7 months, mentioning nothing on LOC and continually trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. But after waiting so long, what I returned home to last night was like a kick in the nuts!! I felt like I had been taken for a mug! I also want to point out that you never once provided me with an update...I always had to chase you, even after I kept asking you to keep me in the picture!

Regarding the eyelids, I would like to refer you to the following thread...

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=20393&hl=

Finally, I would like to take you up on a refund for the front bumper please Scott, thank you for the gesture! Tonight I am going to attempt repairing/restoring the rear lip myself. If successful no refund for that will be necessary!

Brgds - Neil

if you want a reputable bodyshop to repair it all i can recomend one to undertake the work.

they are over in Charlton and are very good at what they do.

And i have a good friend there who will look after it personaly

Scott, tried repairing the rear lip over the weekend. Some of the scratches are way too deep, it's going to need a re-spray.

Please could you arrange the refund for both accordingly!

Thank you and Brgds - Neil

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont know about Fever's situation, but i shall add to this mine.

Several Months ago I orginally ordered an induction kit from ASP and sard body kit, that was January.

I then ordered in April a brake kit and radiator pipe and cooling panel.

So far I picked up the SARD bodykit that was in May time, at the same time i picked half of the brake kit up, scott stating that i should have the other half the following week, still waiting.

As for other bits i have paid for and got nothing, apart from empty promises, it always seems to be the following tuesday; for 2-3 months.

Up until today, at which point i have asked for money back i hav not received

Induction Kit

Brake Kit

Cooling Panel

Radiator Pipe

and the bodykit took 5-6 months!!

Utterly disappointed with the service.

Does Scott still sponsor the site?

This cant be right for members.

From looking at the banners ...... and forums ..... I would imagine he does.

Guess Steve will be along shortly ............

sorry to hear this neil,your a top bloke who deserves the best.i deal with pete jenkin for my body kit parts,3 days delivery ,perfecto,the lad checks the stock first and sends it out,top bloke,give him a try.very good prices too.

hope you get sorted pal,we all want our lexus to look the best and i know how you feel.

good luck.

oh i am indeed fuming!

i'm in the process for saving up for the SARD bodykit, as discussed over in the ASP forum category. Should i not bother if i'm not going to get it within a week of money leaving my bank? I think businesses get good repute when they provide a good service.

I think when i'm spending in excess of £1200 the interest i would gain is around £50 in my bank which i could easily put towards something else.

Although to some, it's not about the money... it's about having in possession the goods that are paid for... right?? :huh: