Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Policeman Clocked At 157mph

on the internalcamera that records all the movements of the police car he was driving he was on video driving at over 80mph in a 30 zone.

the mans a lunatic and i for one would refuse to work with him full stop.. :angry:

rant over off to bed.

I'd like to know what his defence was at court, does anyone know?

whatever it was you can bet that Joe Public wouldn't succeed using it if we were caught at 159mph :angry:

It would appear that Speed Kills but only if you are not a traffic cop

can you imagine it though, everyone would be foot to the floor and using slip stream to pass each-other, it'd be like low speed BTCC  :unsure: . but seriously, i am in favour of GPS controlled speed limiters in accident black-spot areas, or outside schools, oap buildings etc, but it has to implemented correctly, it would be a bit disconcerting if you pulled out to overtake a tractor or moped or something and was hit with a speed limiter whilst on the wrong side of the road.

HGVs have had speed limiters since 1988 so I don't see why they haven't done it for cars. Also, trucks are limited to 56mph which is, 4mph SLOWER than the speed limit on a motorway... Work that one out ... :duh:

ive had a good think about this one

the policeman was testing the car !

fair enough, if the driver and this car is to be used for high speed pursuits it would need to be tested, and the driver would need to familiarise himself with it, i would rather have police driving at high speeds in a confident manner, than in a car they do not know

could have done it on a test track, but how would that relate to proper roads, in theory he should have had permission, with the possibility of another support car with blue lights flashing etc, but cant imagine the police would have endorsed that

formula 1 drivers are expert drivers

yep they are, at driving a formula 1 cars round a track,

but that is a million miles from driving an ordinary road car on public roads, good driving is the anticipation of the road ahead, awareness of other (oncoming) traffic, avoiding pedestrians etc etc

limit top speeds

to what ? if its above 70mph, they are then encouraging people to drive at above 70mph, below and the motorways would be jammed up in no time, the main cause of speed related accidents are done at below motorway speeds, by limiting a car to 70mph wont stop the idiot doing 60mph in a 30mph zone

and what right has anyone to interfere with somones property if that person has not or doesnt intend to break the law, at the end of the day they still sell knives and guns !!

and i am sure it wouldnt stop at limiting the speed,

ok i am going to stop thinking now :D

I have no sympathy with people doing 87mph in a 30mph zone its totally unacceptable whatever time of the day....end of!!!

Would it of been better if he had a patrol car following/leading with blues/twos on?

What if a member of your family old/young was out that night crossing the road and was killed?

What are the official police test tracks used for then?

Police kill on average 30 people a year whilst on pursuit.

I have no sympathy with people doing 87mph in a 30mph zone its totally unacceptable whatever time of the day....end of!!!

agree

Would it of been better if he had a patrol car following/leading with blues/twos on?

yes it would, although still doesnt make it right

What if a member of your family old/young was out that night crossing the road and was killed?

i would want to see justice

What are the official police test tracks used for then?

training drivers to drive

Police kill on average 30 people a year whilst on pursuit.

its a high risk job, casulties are an unfortunate part of it

i am not trying to condone the actions , but just taking another perspective on it

so in testing this car did he need to be doing 159mph ,i dont think so .it was a blatent missuse of a police veichle full stop .and if you think about it this case has set a bench mark for any copper with police training to take a car out and rag the thing and give the excuse "i was only testing it".

ive had a good think about this one

the policeman was testing the car !

fair enough, if the driver and this car is to be used for high speed pursuits it would need to be tested, and the driver would need to familiarise himself with it, i would rather have police driving at high speeds in a confident manner, than in a car they do not know

could have done it on a test track, but how would that relate to proper roads, in theory he should have had permission, with the possibility of another support car with blue lights flashing etc, but cant imagine the police would have endorsed that

formula 1 drivers are expert drivers

yep they are, at driving a formula 1 cars round a track,

but that is a million miles from driving an ordinary road car on public roads, good driving is the anticipation of the road ahead, awareness of other (oncoming) traffic, avoiding pedestrians etc etc

limit top speeds

to what ? if its above 70mph, they are then encouraging people to drive at above 70mph, below and the motorways would be jammed up in no time, the main cause of speed related accidents are done at below motorway speeds, by limiting a car to 70mph wont stop the idiot doing 60mph in a 30mph zone

and what right has anyone to interfere with somones property if that person has not or doesnt intend to break the law, at the end of the day they still sell knives and guns !!

and i am sure it wouldnt stop at limiting the speed,

ok i am going to stop thinking now  :D

I agree with most if not all the comments put forward and yes Scorpion the police should know better. I think this one will come down to internal discipline. The courts my have argued the case. However I think the public outcry is so that the police force concerned will not like the bad publicity

having read even more today at work there a few more things im not happy with.

1. we dont pursue in plain cars full stop, fully marked cars displaying lights and audible sirens only, so there most of his defence bearing in mind he was in a plain car

2. thats why we have the use of police helicopters, you would never continue a pursuit at 84mph in a 30mph zone it would be called off instantly by the controller if not yourself, so there goes even more of his defence.

3. if was REALLY going out for a TEST DRIVE then he would have got permission from his sgt at least if not his inspector. and they would have said NO !

everyone knows he was out for a spin ragging the a :tsktsk: se out of a new police car,

i have done it myself as have most cops but ive never been anywhere near that speed in a 30 zone, and like ive said before i cant beleive he got away with it.

I agree with most of you lot (conveniently). The guy was taking the p*ss. Sure, even if he is the best of the bunch when it comes to advanced driving, he does need to practice and master the car he drives, but why on earth at that speed?! At the end of the day you would want the driver to be competent if he was called to drive that fast in a real life situation- you wouldnt want any driver going so fast with no experience. But I refuse to believe anyone needs to go THAT fast, especially in an unmarked car (with no blue lights I should add).

Secondly, as has been mentioned, he should have authorisation to drive at that speed on any particular road, which he obviously did NOT have, hence being caught by other police!!

Thirdly- even if he is ***'s gift to advanced driving, I'm sorry, but at those speeds his reactions would be just as poor as anyone else, and it is simply dangerous to be doing what he was doing- his own own ability/skills only count for so much when he is driving out in the real world due to so many other factors.

And finally, it was a vauxhall! :sick:

And finally, it was a vauxhall!

Really??? Didn't know Vauxhalls could go that fast! :P :lol:

I assumed it was a Volvo Turbo.

'Pc Mark Milton, 38, told magistrates in Ludlow, Shropshire, that he had taken out the new, unmarked 3.2 litre GSI Vauxhall Vectra to assess its capabilities.'

But surely it must have taken him a good half an hour to get up to that speed, and I bet the car is now due for replacement :lol:

its a question i have thought about many a time ,why are cars made that can go well over 70mph when the speed limit is 70mph were ever you go in this country

The maximum speed limit may be 70mph on many public roads in the UK but there are lots of other places that you can legally drive above this speed.

In the UK there are of course private tracks and roads, many of which I know are used by forum members.

Then there's the likes of the Isle of Man and the Continent where you can quite legally take your UK bought car and drive at much faster speeds than 70mph.

its a question i have thought about many a time ,why are cars made that can go well over 70mph when the speed limit is 70mph were ever you go in this country

The maximum speed limit may be 70mph on many public roads in the UK but there are lots of other places that you can legally drive above this speed.

In the UK there are of course private tracks and roads, many of which I know are used by forum members.

Then there's the likes of the Isle of Man and the Continent where you can quite legally take your UK bought car and drive at much faster speeds than 70mph.

thats a fair point, however virtually all cars on british roads can break the maximum speed limit, but what percentage of those cars will ever see european driving, let alone a track day?

my car will never go on a track quite simply because of the insurance hike to cover the damage, and the fact that i`ll cry like a big girl if i binned it (i`ve been in 1 too many m/bike accidents to ever enjoy the sound of glassplasticmetal hitting tarmac!).

and besides, that age old argument between kids: "well why is he allowed to do it?"

doesn`t negate the fact that if all car engines were restricted, you could get a special licence/permission etc to delimit if on a track etc. And that would be so much more easier to bureaucratically manage than policing millions of people potentially breaking the speed limit every second they are in the car!!! :duh:

another thing to consider is the fact that we all accept that the speed limits are what they are, why is the mway limit 70mph irrespective of traffic levels, we have some dual carriageways here in sunny ol' wales that are practically deserted most of the time (a40 abergavenny to baglan, a465 hirwaun to neath although there are still cameras regularly sited monitoring the longest fastest straights, and they're nice smooth concrete roads :shifty: ) even during rush hour you are not sitting behind an infinite line of cars in the outside lane, the 70mph limit is arcaic and should be abolished and replaced with a dangerous driving charge. :yawn:

I just wanna say that, if any kid would have walked out in front of this ars***e when he was testing his new toy , in a built up area, doing 84mph, there is no way in the world, trained or not ..he would have stopped in time!

The guy was an out and out Wan*er, and was obviously looked after internally..

SO MUCH FOR BRITISH JUSTICE :offtopic:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links