Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dashboard Clicking Noise

LeedsHP

Hello Guys..

I bought my soarer.. and to say it's a great car i will be understating my feelings! however: here we go, the problems start!

I hear clicking noise coming from the dash once i reach 30-40 mph, and that noise increase with the speed.. once i am doing 100+ mph (i know that's illegal!) the clicking noise make u think the dash might explode.. which is a scary thought really!

So, is this stage one of the famous blinky dash? how can i solve the problem? any one had that problem before?

Thanks

AL

Hello Guys..

I bought my soarer..  and to say it's a great car i will be understating my feelings! however: here we go, the problems start!

I hear clicking noise coming from the dash once i reach 30-40 mph, and that noise increase with the speed..  once i am doing 100+ mph (i know that's illegal!) the clicking noise make u think the dash might explode.. which is a scary thought really!

So, is this stage one of the famous blinky dash? how can i solve the problem? any one had that problem before?

Thanks

AL

Well its not a mechanical speedo so it aint that

Maybe a convertor chip behind the dash but this would be a guess as its speed related

Hope someone else will be able to help on this one mate i aint heard of it before sorry i cant help

Never heard of this before either!

I'd go with a converter chip too. Its a strange one, thats for sure!

Not the traditional blinky-dash - thats something different, with the dash not displaying anything for a while. Could be a variation of it though - do you have any problems with the dash not coming on for a while? Could be a slightly loose solder or something - maybe from when its been fixed before.

• 5 months later...

could you narrow that down a bit mate? is the clicking coming from the speakers or from the dash when the stereo is on?

i dont believe they are linked, so a clicking coming from the dash could be the black plastic bit to the bottom an in front??

Have you got an after market stereo or the standard Soarer unit?

I believe the standard unit actually includes some bolts that help to hold the dash board in place. When you switch to an after market unit the dash board can therefore lose some rigidity, leading to a clicking noise (that's what happens in my car at least).

Mark.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links