Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Condition Of Interior After Damage Repair By Lexus

Folks,

I've just had my RX300SE back from my local dealership's bodyshop after an incident a couple of weeks ago that slightly damaged the rear driver side wheel arch (rear quarter panel) as well as some suspension components.

Anyway the car was three weeks old so I was gutted, and after reading a post elsewhere on this forum about how difficult platinum ice is to match, I was really worried about how it would turn out. To cut a long story short, I was reassured by the bodyshop that it would look brand new and you would not spot the difference. Parts were ordered last Fri, arrived on Monday this week, and yesterday I was told job done, and the car was delivered back to me today.

Even though the wheel arch damage was slight crumpling, they replaced the whole rear qtr panel as well as the bumper and all the wheel/suspension etc components - The car was fully geo tested and spot on the mark - it drives fine (though I'll need to give it a good weeks worth of driving to be sure nothing crops up). Basically, I must say it is a superb job. looks like it came of the transporter, supergarded as well.

My problem is that whilst the outside looks great, when I opened the tailgate, I have noticed that grey finishing (you know, that soft velvet like finish on the upper half of the interior) has scratch marks in it in various locations - looks like someone may have caught one end of the retractable cover and dragged this through the finish when they removed it to start the repair work- creating a "deep" dark crushed fabric mark. Similarly in a couple of other locations near the rear seats.

The cars interior was spotless when I handed it over to them, and generally I must say the standard of the valeting on the inside did not live up to my expectation.

I made a point of saying to them when I first contacted them, that I was returning it to Lexus to have the work done as I expected them to carry out the work properly and look after the vehicle to their normal high standards - as opposed to returning it the body shop that my insurance approved - who were not offical Lexus approved.

The bodyshop manager is coming to my place tomorrow morning to inspect the vehicle.

Any thoughts on how I should follow this situation up ?

Thanks

Sounds like your doing the correct thing by getting the manager to inspect... let him suggest how they can make you happy... might be all soretd with no issue.

On a side note it is really easy to mark the interior of the boot, wish it was darker or lined in carpet so it would take knocks without marking sooooo easily.

You're absolutely right about how easy it is to cause marks in that finish.

Anyway, Lexus have agreed to replace both sides of the interior trim for me to restore the condition of the car - which is what I hoped for. They'll collect and return it next week when the parts are in.