Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yokohama's clues ?

vince-com

My S had Yokohamas on when I bought it 2nd hand at 17,800 miles. I guess that was what was factory fitted. They stick very well in the dry - not so good in the wet though. I don't know how they compare with dunlops in the wet. I had a courtesy car (in the dry) with dunlops on I think... anyway the yokos seem to transfer more vibration from the road so not so good for comfort. Not so sure about noise - my car only works when I play music. I'm also not sure how long they last - I've had various punctures so I'm not sure what the natural life of a tyre has been.

I have had Yokos on various cars before the IS. They are very soft and wear very quickly but the grip in the dry was fantastic. They also tend to be cheaper to fit. I have also had cars with Dunlop Sports. I have never been keen on these as I found the grip to be lacking. I am running Michelins at the moment which seem fine although they are noisier that the original Bridgestones the car came with from new

I find that the Yokohamas fitted to my IS300 are very noisy on some road surfaces.

Grip in the wet is not too bad, but the LSD and traction control have kicked in a few times.

• 1 month later...