Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Performance figures

Charles Binns

I found this web site... http://www.intercar.inuk.com/Altezza.htm

The Altezza, High performance version of the Lexus IS200.

2 Litre twin cam variable valve tuning.

6 speed manual, power output 210bhp, 0 - 60 6.5secs.

5 speed tiptronic, 200bhp, 0 - 60 6.9secs.

Is this right ? anybody have any differing information. ?

I believe the standard IS200 is 9 point something seconds, this is over 3 seconds slower ! , I don’t understand as the IS200 has 2.0 6 cylinder engine doesn’t it ?, where the Altezza is just the 4cyl ?

I managed to get hold of a digital camera so by the end of the week I should have some nice snaps of my new license taker….

:D

I've yet to get mine sub 7, and power to weight/ torque to weight suggests about 7.3 for the manual.

The IS200 loses 2 cylinders, 50 BHP and about 20 lbft of torque, gains a hundred or 2 kilos and is (naturally) much slower.

If you want to go sub 7 seconds you'll have to do something to increase the torque ££££!

Yup, got the Beams engine, and have just got a new air filter from TDi as the old one was black with a couple of white bits...

It cost about 40 quid, but I figure it's washable and the car seems to pick up better at low revs (plus a couple of extra mpg):eyes:

• 2 months later...

Hi Charles, just to clarify, the Altezza is available in Japan with 2 2 litre engines:

BEAMS 3S-GE - 4 cyl. twin cam VVTI 210bhp/216Nm

BEAMS 1G-FE - 6 cyl. VVTi 160bhp/200Nm.

The 6 cylinder is the one badged as Lexus IS200. I guess they thought that the 4 cylinder did match the 'Lexus' image, even though it is more powerful. I guess it would be a tough sell to charge more for the 4 cylinder than the 6 in the UK - everyone else charges more for their 6 cylinder engines.

I don't have 0 - 100km/h info though, I cann't see it in the brochure.

FWIW, I am driving an AS200 'L' edition, which is approximately equal to an IS200 in SE spec, including auto. transmission. List price here - JPY2,640,000 or £14,000...

Hope this helps,

Peter.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm... No way my RS200 Auto can do 6.9. I think fastest it can go 0-100kph is about 8 sec. Engine is standard with no mod at all.

Anyone can give me suggestion on what sort of mod I should do? Thinking of removing the catalytic and possible install a pod filter and exhaust. I'm trying to improve it's performance without making the car less economical....

Thanks in advance...

• 2 months later...

the cars were originally 6 pots.......

but as the 4 cylinder is easier to tune,that was a starting point,secondly the 3sge is much lighter than the 6 and due to it nly having 4 cylinders,would place the front/rear weight almost 50/50,whereas the 6 pot is nose heavy.4 pots are more revvy,

just a point.......in the jap touring car series the supra's also run with the turbo version of the 3sge...the 3s-gte,however highly tuned