Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Alteza Induction Kit

tdiplc

I ordered it this morning also. I'm making an Electric supercharger to fit inside this unit. if it all goes to plan it should produce around 1000cfm of charged intake straight into the engine at wide open throttle. This will give around 7% increase in HP.

But I can't try any of it out using the stock Intake system, hence the purchase of the SuperPowerflow induction kit. But I'll have it Friday day.

I'm hoping with the induction kit a gain of around 3-5BHP and a gain of around 14BHP with the electric Supercharger. I could be seeing 20BHP Increase.

Problem I have though is I need a bigger Battery !! to cope with the 116 amps this baby will draw. Any suggestions welcome !!

Maybe this is why people use a belt driven supercharger...Hmmmm

Still it's all good fun

I got the idea a while ago, then found out some American companies are already selling them..... Typical !!

However all the ones I found used really poor motors and fans, You know like brushless jobs from a pc cpu fan or similar, you could go out and buy a complete setup using this technology for around £50 but I doubt you'd notice any difference. In generall the principal they all describe is perfect and should work. But in order to get any real gain in HP you need a seriously powerful fan. That’s why superchargers are historically driven from the engine. Far easier, much more power, but cost a few grand.

I’ve looked at Lynch motor technology which develops significantly more torque. and instead of millie amps or a few amps drain that other fans require due to the very low wattage of the units. I'm going for a 800w motor which is slightly over 1HP, then dumping double the Voltage through it resulting in 3200w (approx) of power at the fan the problem is amps, it will require 133amps (approx)

I've tested these motors for around 3 years now in electrically powered robots, using this method of over running the motors, many motors don't last long so they always need beefing up before hand if you want any life span out of them.

Turbo's etc seem to give around 600-800cfm which is below what I've estimated mine should do. The benefit using an electric motor is mainly money, it's far cheaper per HP gain. and the electric Supercharger can be at full spool in milli seconds rather than seconds like a turbo.

Don't get me wrong if you want real power go for something like a TTE Supercharger kit. I'm just experimenting and looking for something a little different that will give my car something else.... I've been on Robot wars 3 years running with a robot call "Suicidal Tendencies" and am just using my knowledge of electronics/motor design to have a go at supercharging my Altezza.

I'll let you all know how I get on. and if It doesn't work I'll curl up in the fetus position and cry like a baby - and not tell anyone !!

suicidal tendencies is the tracked robot thats quite low, lifting type thing on the front? trying to remember so i've probably got this completely wrong!

are you planning to run the motor outside of the intake tract with a gearbox to put the fan inside, just thinking about the heat that a large electric motor might add to the incoming air if it is inside

I there guys, 24hours on with the new HKS Powerflow for the Altezzer on mine and its absolutely perfect! The car responses so well now and the roar from the engine is formula 1 sound.

The power gain is noticeable, but Mark at tdi did say after fitting the filter, without the exhaust upgrade to a performance one I wont get the maximum benefit from the filter, but I have to say all day today I have been blasting it round, I beat a corrado vr6 on a straight and I also raced my mates standard IS200 sport to see the difference and I woopped him all day long and his is a manual!

I recommend it to anyone who has not got a performance filter on theirs.

My mate is ordering his on Monday.

A must get Guys!!:lol:

00JONI, If you're around the Derby area send me a U2U message, would like to compare cars....

I bought one of these also, and I'm not that convinced, It certainly looks the business, and I agree it sounds Loud, but powergains I'm not sure..... Need to get it on a rolling road me thinks.

I have an aftermarket exhaust on mine, I think it's made by HKS but am not sure, I'll have a look under the car today and see if it has any stamps on it.... It was put on the car before I bought it so I can't be sure what it is.

ps, I'm going to change the colour of the filter, Mine came in Green.... Yuk....., I'll go for a blue I think !!