Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Colour Is My Car

Hi All,

I'm after a pair of the wing mirror covers with the indicator built in for my 2003 IS300 SportX but we're having a bit of trouble with selecting the colour for painting them.

The car is a dark blue metallic that I thought was called Strathcaron Blue (paint code 8N8) but the vendor of the covers isn't recognising that as an official Lexus colour.

It sounds like I've got something wrong. Bearing that in mind, what colour is my car likely to be?

Pete

Hi All,

I'm after a pair of the wing mirror covers with the indicator built in for my 2003 IS300 SportX but we're having a bit of trouble with selecting the colour for painting them.

The car is a dark blue metallic that I thought was called Strathcaron Blue (paint code 8N8) but the vendor of the covers isn't recognising that as an official Lexus colour.

It sounds like I've got something wrong.  Bearing that in mind, what colour is my car likely to be?

Pete

Ask them to search for it as a Toyota colour, because I think that's what it is (not sure tho :unsure: )

2 blue colour for lexus

Royal Sapphire 8M6

Strathcaron Blue 8N8

This might help

Are you sure you have right colour blue

No, I'm not certain. It was advertised as Strathcaron Blue by my local Lexus dealer when I bought it but that doesn't necessarily mean much. Is there anywhere I can check on the car that would reveal the info I need?

Pete

It should be on the receipt when you bought the car. Mine is Strathcaron Blue as well, but on the receipt it says 'Oasis Blue - 8N8' (which is the Toyota Colour)

Your paint code is on the VIN plate under the bonnet - right under the windscreen.

It will say either 8M6 or 8N8 somewhere on it.

Matt

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know Matt.

I'll check it out when I get back from work tonight.

Pete

allways use the code and not the colours name, as the name will vary from country to country  :)

That's an excellent point.

I checked on the VIN plate earlier and the code is 8N8. Have passed the info along so hopefully we can start to make some progress now. Looking forward to getting these new covers. People don't seem to be able to make out the indicators at night.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Pete

lex hope this helps

Astral Black............................202

Royal Sapphire.......................8M6

Kensington Green..................6Q7

Platinum Ice...........................1C0

Granite Sky............................1C6

Aztec Fire...............................3N3

Chamonix White.....................040

St Lucia Pearl.........................062

Scarlatti Red..........................3P0