Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Wear Light How Do I Turn It Off

Gokorn1

I have a 2001 Ls430 and the brake wear light came on. I got the brakes changed and no one knows how to turn off the light. I talked to the dealer and of course they want to charge me. I removed the neg. Battery cable for a few hours thinking that might work, becuase it works on my ford. However it didn't. anyone got any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Gokorn1@aol.com

Not 100% sure but it could be the new pads didnt have the sensor wire??

Like Shahz says if the pads have been replaced then they should have the sensor wires connected (especialy if the dealer fitted them) If cheaper pads have been used without the sensor wires then the warn light is going to stay on. I would not suggest messing about with the electrics. The dealer shouldn't be (turning the warn light off) just so you can't see it. I would fit the correct pads or similar but with the sensor connectors.

I'm not sure about the LS430 but on the LS400 each caliper has it's own wear sensor. The problem tends to be the sensor wire on the actual caliper (they tend to just wear out/ break) If the wire is snapped just twist/ crimp the wires together to see if the light goes out. Incidentally 3 out of 4 of my car's wires were snapped and this cured the problem (after I had replaced the pads)

It seems to be one of the very few weak points the LS suffers from.If you want to ensure it doesn't happen again put some rubber sleeving/ heatshrink on the wires so they don't break again.

Its probably better to replace the sensor wire when you change the pads, should only cost a few squids

Yeah you could, or you could do a better job yourself as the standard wires are :tsktsk:, or you'll be doing it again in a couple of years.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links