Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am planning on whizzing around france & Spain in the summer hols in my GS.  Does anyone have a European Sat Nav CD I could borrow or point me in the right direction.  :driving:

Lexus will lend you one for free - the number to phone is on their website if you look hard enough i seem to remember.

I am planning on whizzing around france & Spain in the summer hols in my GS.  Does anyone have a European Sat Nav CD I could borrow or point me in the right direction.  :driving:

Lexus will lend you one for free - the number to phone is on their website if you look hard enough i seem to remember.

There is no European Sat Nav CD. The CD based sat Nav cannot store as much information as the DVD based Sat Nav. I purchased the disc for France and ended up with about 4 or 5 separate disc depending on the region. The disc you would oput in the vehicle is the one that contains the most details of your destination rather than your point of departure. You will also nbeed separate discs for Spain.

Good luck with your touring, that is when the GS 300 really comes to life

How much did you pay for the french ones and where did you get them?  Do you still have them? Would you be wiling to part with them for a short while?  :driving:

Cheers

I bought them from the lexus dealer, think they costs about £155 with the gold members discount. I am planning to go to france in the week beginning 20th June 2005 only for the week. If that time is not clashing with your travel arrangements then yes you can borrow them. It may also be possible to copy it but perhaps I shoudl not say that over the forum. I am based in South London are you also in London.

How much did you pay for the french ones and where did you get them?  Do you still have them? Would you be wiling to part with them for a short while?  :driving:

Cheers

I bought them from the lexus dealer, think they costs about £155 with the gold members discount. I am planning to go to france in the week beginning 20th June 2005 only for the week. If that time is not clashing with your travel arrangements then yes you can borrow them. It may also be possible to copy it but perhaps I shoudl not say that over the forum. I am based in South London are you also in London.

Hi andybriggs, regarding the disc please email me on gdenton_ashley@hotmail.com.

Cheers

Hi andybriggs, regarding the disc please email me on gdenton_ashley@hotmail.com.

Email on its way.

cheers

Hi Andy,

the discs should have been with you by now, please let me know if you ahve received it.

UKDenton

They tried to deliver on Friday but I have been away for the weekend. Picked them up yesterday. Thanks very much indeed, the beers are on me if we bump into each other at a meet. :driving:

Hope I am not teaching you to suck eggs but for your info, in Spain you must carry a reflective vest and two warning triangles. I had lexus Southampton make me up a bulb kit, including the headlight bulb which is under waranty 'cos I don't know the French or Spanish for "I don't need a headlight bulb officer because they are guaranteed by Lexus for three years". Have a great trip.

Hi Andy,

the discs should have been with you by now, please let me know if you ahve received it.

UKDenton

They tried to deliver on Friday but I have been away for the weekend. Picked them up yesterday. Thanks very much indeed, the beers are on me if we bump into each other at a meet. :driving:

Hi Andy,

I will rememeber that but the beers will ahve to be non-alcoholic if we meet up. would not want 2 members righting of their cars as a result of drink driving.

I will be going to spain next week, will take the ferry to calais and drive through france.

I contacted Lexus and they should be sending me the CD for spain(on loan), you have to give your details and credit card but there will be no charge when you return them.

The weather is quite hot over there and so I cant wait to get going.

Hope I am not teaching you to suck eggs but for your info, in Spain you must carry a reflective vest and two warning triangles. I had lexus Southampton make me up a bulb kit, including the headlight bulb which is under waranty 'cos I don't know the French or Spanish for "I don't need a headlight bulb officer because they are guaranteed by Lexus for three years". Have a great trip.

Thanks alot DHS. I was reading a newspaper recently about travelling to Europe and the problems you can get into. There is supposed to be some useful information about this at the RAC website. I think it is www.rac.co.uk.

I will definately read it up. Dont want any hitch to spoil the fun i hope to have.

Thanks very much for the infomation. If anyone has some useful tips, please forward, will be leaving Saturday night or Sunday morning.

You do indeed need the following:

Warning triangle (2 for Spain)

Shiny yellow reflective vest for each passenger (& driver)

Bulb set

GB sticker on rear of vehicle (Euro badge on number plate wil suffice)

Stick on headlight beam deflector

If you have a laser jammer - take it out, the frogs seize your car if they find one, they also dont like the detectors but you get to keep your car. :crybaby:

All your driving documents - its worth while photocopying them as well in case you have to hand one over, keep the originals safe.

And last, but not least UKD, lots of sun tan lotion as the weather predictions for next week look great. :driving:

You do indeed need the following:

Warning triangle (2 for Spain)

Shiny yellow reflective vest for each passenger (& driver)

Bulb set

GB sticker on rear of vehicle (Euro badge on number plate wil suffice)

Stick on headlight beam deflector

If you have a laser jammer - take it out, the frogs seize your car if they find one, they also dont like the detectors but you get to keep your car. :crybaby:

All your driving documents - its worth while photocopying them as well in case you have to hand one over, keep the originals safe.

And last, but not least UKD, lots of sun tan lotion as the weather predictions for next week look great.  :driving:

Thanks again for the information. the only problem I have is the bulb kit, I have HID headlamps. I belive the bulb for it costs £150. I do not think I will buy that Kit. Do they check this and if so to what extent. i could always go and get a cheap bulb kit for a modeo or something and claim that they sold me the wrong one if they take a closer look. But it would not be worth my while paying £150 + for the bulb kit for my car. What do you guys think.