Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Am Thinking Of Supercharging My Se

Mr 10K  :lol:  :lol:

Give him a discount!  :hehe:  :huh:  :duh:  :D  :P

does it cost to get installed, im in ireland (dublin) and wud b interested in gettin one (was thinking about gettin a leather retrim).....does any1 know of anywhre (trustwothy) over here to go the job.....and what sort of gains wud i get???

cheers

John

the charger needs a "service" every 60,000 miles i believe, but i think its a tolerance check and a oil change.

Oil changes are not requird with the TTE supercharger - it's a sealed unit.

still after 60k i think i would rather have it changed for nice fresh stuff!

You must have too much money to spend mate, if you're going to buy all new compressor kit when the other one will still be ok.

You must have too much money to spend mate, if you're going to buy all new compressor kit when the other one will still be ok.

he means just the oil mate!

Mr 10K  :lol:  :lol:

Give him a discount!  :hehe:  :huh:  :duh:  :D  :P

does it cost to get installed, im in ireland (dublin) and wud b interested in gettin one (was thinking about gettin a leather retrim).....does any1 know of anywhre (trustwothy) over here to go the job.....and what sort of gains wud i get???

cheers

John

hi, the supercharger we are talking about will not fit the altezza rs, it will fit the as200 however. have a chat with Mr.Singh as he has recently fitted a blitz supercharger to his rs.

Whats the difference between a supercharger and a turbocharger apart from the turbo lags as its powered by the exhaust gases (I believe).

Which costs more?

Which gives you more power boost?

Which affects insurance most?

Can you fit twin turbos to an IS? Or maybe twin superchargers?

Does the extra power wear the car out more?

Any issues with an automatic gearbox?

Will anyone give me one for free?

"Whats the difference between a supercharger and a turbocharger apart from the turbo lags as its powered by the exhaust gases (I believe)."

Which costs more? - Supercharger to a point but its about even now

Which gives you more power boost? - Turbo but charger "should" be more reliable

Which affects insurance most? - Turbo kit as the charger is a official TTE product

Can you fit twin turbos to an IS? Or maybe twin superchargers? - Aston martin did on a V8

Does the extra power wear the car out more? - No as the car shares most of the components as a IS300 which has 211bhp as standard

Any issues with an automatic gearbox? - Not with the Supercharger

Will anyone give me one for free? yes, if you drop £2200 in front of me at same time

hope that helps

"Whats the difference between a supercharger and a turbocharger apart from the turbo lags as its powered by the exhaust gases (I believe)."

Which costs more? - Supercharger to a point but its about even now

Which gives you more power boost? - Turbo but charger "should" be more reliable

Which affects insurance most? - Turbo kit as the charger is a official TTE product

Can you fit twin turbos to an IS? Or maybe twin superchargers? - Aston martin did on a V8

Does the extra power wear the car out more? - No as the car shares most of the components as a IS300 which has 211bhp as standard

Any issues with an automatic gearbox? - Not with the Supercharger

Will anyone give me one for free? yes, if you drop £2200 in front of me at same time

hope that helps

;) IMO Here what i think :P (in Blue)

Which costs more? - Supercharger to a point but its about even now (TURBO and all ways will cost more as there is more things to do to the car to fit Turbo

Which gives you more power boost? - Turbo but charger "should" be more reliable (Don we all know the Charger is more reliable but thats not what he asked :P :winky: (TURBO with the right setup you could get 300+bhp :winky: )

Which affects insurance most? - Turbo kit as the charger is a official TTE product ( well for my Turbo and all my mods i only pay £680 :whistling: :winky: Can you fit twin turbos to an IS? Or maybe twin superchargers? - Aston martin did on a V8 ( Spook has just done TT his IS200 :winky: Does the extra power wear the car out more? - No as the car shares most of the components as a IS300 which has 211bhp as standard ( all things wear in time ;) but how much time is the :question: )Any issues with an automatic gearbox? - Not with the Supercharger (Dont know as i dont have Auto)

Will anyone give me one for free? yes, if you drop £2200 in front of me at same time.( i dont think any one would give you it for Free ;)

Hope this helps :winky:

Which costs more? - Supercharger to a point but its about even now (TURBO and all ways will cost more as there is more things to do to the car to fit Turbo

How much more and can it be done in stages, are we looking at close to £5k

Which gives you more power boost? - Turbo but charger "should" be more reliable (Don we all know the Charger is more reliable but thats not what he asked :P :winky: (TURBO with the right setup you could get 300+bhp :winky: )

300+bhp <whistles> I want a turbo.

Which affects insurance most? - Turbo kit as the charger is a official TTE product ( well for my Turbo and all my mods i only pay £680 :whistling: :winky:

£680 is not as bad as I thought <checks his overdraft>

Can you fit twin turbos to an IS? Or maybe twin superchargers? - Aston martin did on a V8 ( Spook has just done TT his IS200 :winky:

Anywhere I can see more info on these cars?

Does the extra power wear the car out more? - No as the car shares most of the components as a IS300 which has 211bhp as standard ( all things wear in time ;) but how much time is the :question: )

Well, as modded cars ain't worth the cost of the mods, would like to keep it a few years at least. Don't think its an issue though.

Any issues with an automatic gearbox? - Not with the Supercharger (Dont know as i dont have Auto)

I'm close to having auto, but been offered a very similar manual with less miles for a bit more money.

Will anyone give me one for free? yes, if you drop £2200 in front of me at same time.( i dont think any one would give you it for Free ;)

Awww, not even if I smile sweetly?