Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Spoiler

I have purchased a is300 lip spoiler the slightly larger one with a LED brake light. I would like to know which is the best way of fitting the spoiler. I dont really want to make holes to the boot lid. Is it possible to stick down and if so what sort of tape or glue should i use.

Any suggestions

THANKS

I have purchased a is300 lip spoiler the slightly larger one with a led brake light. I would like to know which is the best way of fitting the spoiler. I dont really want to make holes to the boot lid. Is it possible to stick down and if so what sort of tape or glue should i use.

Any suggestions

THANKS

you will need to make a hole for the wiring to pass through

it can be bonded on, and generally they are bolted and bonded

but even if its bonded it wont come off without leaving a right mess

so you may as well get that drill out :D

Am not connecting the brake light,

Where can i get this bonding stuff from?? What its called and any suggestions on were to find it. Thanks.

i dont really want to start drilling holes into the boot lid.

The bolts help secure the spoiler to the boot (including drying time).

How do you suppose to ensure the spoiler is fitted firmly enough without them?

IMO I wouldn't fit one without bonding & bolting.

Obviously, the choice is yours...

I think there was a 'write up' on it by Brettster if I'm not wrong, don't think it's too difficult. It's all in the preparation and marking up!

Not sure what the bonding stuff is, you could always ask a bodyshop what they use.

As for drilling I's say outside to inside. You can always touch up the bare metal, and the bond on top.

How much is your bodyshop charging you, have you asked?

my boot lip spoiler has been on for about 4 years now, its only stuck on, as i didnt want to drill holes ( cut the bolts off) i used some really sticky white double sided foam strip i got from the dealer, they had loads of it.

it is still as stable as the day i put it on, in fact i can raise the car slightly by lifting on the spoiler alone so i dont hink it is going to come off.