Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Worn Tyres + Lower Arm ?

r3df00t

Recently I replaced all 4 tyres on my lexus is2000 - 4 months down the line and i notice that my front two tyres are completely bald! Yet, the back 2 are perfectly fine.

I went to the original tyre shop and they were making excuses and then checked out the tracking etc and came back with that the front left arm was damaged and required replacing - cost of over £450. Plus 2 more tyres!=650ish

I was suspicious and went to get a second opinion from lexus, who were not much help btw.

they said nothing was wrong and that your brake discs need replacing front and back. and tyres - total cost of £1400!! with alignment

i am totally confused now. i declined also as i found the lady to be v rude and unhelpfull (twickenham if you wanted to know)

can anyone advise me as i am lost and no way am i paying that much money with no gaurantees that the problem would be rectified.

all advise would be appreciated so much

thanks chaps

Completely bald, like no tread at all, or insides only :question:

Think you need to visit Dr Bones who will be able to sort out tyres and any Geometry problems that you have. He is in STS Watford and is the man for all alignment and geometry problems.

Oh and welcome to the club :D

Seriously......get in touch with the Dr!!!

Tony bones that is at STS i bet he can solve all your issues with your geometry setup and at a fraction of the cost that dealers charge.

Do a search on here and you will find lots of people have gone to Tony for this very problem.

:D

Recently I replaced all 4 tyres on my lexus is2000 - 4 months down the line and i notice that my front two tyres are completely bald! Yet, the back 2 are perfectly fine.

I went to the original tyre shop and they were making excuses and then checked out the tracking etc and came back with that the front left arm was damaged and required replacing - cost of over £450. Plus 2 more tyres!=650ish

I was suspicious and went to get a second opinion from lexus, who were not much help btw.

they said nothing was wrong and that your brake discs need replacing front and back. and tyres - total cost of £1400!! with alignment

i am totally confused now. i declined also as i found the lady to be v rude and unhelpfull (twickenham if you wanted to know)

can anyone advise me as i am lost and no way am i paying that much money with no gaurantees that the problem would be rectified.

all advise would be appreciated so much

thanks chaps

your problem is the norm for the IS, it can be sorted for about £100 dont worry, we will speak soon..

His real name is Tony Bones and STS Watford are on 01923 234666, but he is on holiday next week.

Or PM him, click on his user name in his post, then click "send personal meaasge" that appears in the profile page.

He may be a bit "scatty" for a couple of days cos he is giving up smoking :D

His real name is Tony Bones and STS Watford are on 01923 234666, but he is on holiday next week.

Or PM him, click on his user name in his post, then click "send personal meaasge" that appears in the profile page.

He may be a bit "scatty" for a couple of days cos he is giving up smoking :D

"scatty" i'm a fully trained 40 a day man, next week (my target week) i will be :tsktsk: on edge. my plan is.........? panic :crybaby: No my real plan is "change" my routine, no work, no kids, no wife :D .there on hol, so its me and garden (new turf) on tuesday, and before anyone says it "i do not" smoke grass.........yet :sick:

hi tony - apologies for the delay - went away for the weekend and didnt get access to a scanner previous to that, so i am sorry - but now i have it, i cannot attach it - it just asks for a url - i need to work this out - but it doesnt look like its possible....i'll keep trying but if anyone has an idea pls shout! :)

cheers

ajay

hi tony - well they did not perform any adjustments since the problem started - they just gave me this report and said the off side is way out and its due to the lower arm

but since the prob - none has done any work on it.

i will try a different method this eve so you can see it or i could email it to u?

cheers mate

ajay

hi tony - well they did not perform any adjustments since the problem started - they just gave me this report and said the off side is way out and its due to the lower arm

but since the prob - none has done any work on it.

i will try a different method this eve so you can see it or i could email it to u?

cheers mate

ajay

"please do"..... when i see these reports i am always suspicious with the means and methods used, i find "world" wide the final report is given to the customer assuming understandable blindness to the result "geometrical murder". lets share my suspicion. your report:

front camber tolerance from -0.9' to +0.2'

your actual position is shown at nsf +0.2' osf -0.9'!!!! now i find that "suspicious"

thanks tony - but i dont have your email address and i dont have the functionality to email via this forum.

i guess i will bring the info this sat when i come and see you???

dont forget to order the eagle tyre too - if the problem can be fixed.

btw- how long will it take to fix - do i need to come back later or can i wait around?

i'll recheck tonight.

cheers!

thanks tony - but i dont have your email address and i dont have the functionality to email via this forum.

i guess i will bring the info this sat when i come and see you???

dont forget to order the eagle tyre too - if the problem can be fixed.

btw- how long will it take to fix - do i need to come back later or can i wait around?

i'll recheck tonight.

cheers!

email: wheels-inmotion@ntlworld.com, i prefer you to stay and watch :D its easy to explain when you see it happen.... time about 2 hours...the tyres :o i assum 215/45/17 :excl:

Guys,

I must say Mr T Bones is a magician!! I went to see him on saturday to have my car checked and he has put everything in place - the geometrical checks were undertaken and adjustments made. I learnt so much in those hours, more than i have known all my life!!!

Tony also provides a review after approx 2k miles to see how the adjustments have panned out - so all peace of mind - I am gona go back every yr atleast...

I cannot fully explain my appreciativeness in words but pt it this way - i had already recommended him to 4 people in the matter of minutes of leaving the STS centre.

Alll i can say is that if anyone at all is having issues - he is the man to see.,

I would like to thank everyone for recommending him to me and especially the man Bones himself for running the rule over my car - it drives a dream!!!!

So much explained and happened that day, that i may have forgotten bits, but when and as i remember i will add a post. But i cant recommend him enough - if only we had such expert advise in all matters of life....

roll on Mr T Bones!!!!

btw- he hasnt stopped smoking!!!!! get him off the fags!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links