Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Caliper stickers DIY SOS

sholao

Not wanting to be left out, I went down to Halfords and bought me self some Red caliper paint, axle stands and a brush.

I have now painted the front calipers and totally messed it up!

Sorry Guys, but there always has to be a black sheep in the family, so when I turn up on Saturday with the worst painted calipers on the their Lexus PLEASE don't all have a go at me.

I have given up, and will not even attempt the rear calipers.

Have mercy on me!

I don't have a digital camera, so can't show you the bad Job.

It looks so bad compared to the ones I've seen on the members gallary, anyway I'll get some opinions next weekend, for now I keep my hands away from all paintbrushes.

Maybe I'm just a little paranaoid, but I don't want to let the club down. What was our motto again? Something ....... Perfection:lol:

Originally posted by andyhart21

Cant the problem be solved with another coat mate?

I think me + Zee are painting our calipers at JAE so we might be able to sort it out between us

I hope you dont think you will get the stickers on those freshly painted calipers the same day? I messed up twice by being impatient.

Also you need to warm the stickers and calipers to make the glue activate.. so hair dryer works a treat

Originally posted by Administrator

I think me + Zee are painting our calipers at JAE so we might be able to sort it out between us

I hope you dont think you will get the stickers on those freshly painted calipers the same day? I messed up twice by being impatient.

Also you need to warm the stickers and calipers to make the glue activate.. so hair dryer works a treat

We have got three days to go at it Steve so it shouldnt be a problem.

My missus is coming with me so the hair dryer will be the first thing packed!:lol::lol::rolleyes:

Im sure Zee will be bringing his anyway:o:P

Will you be bringing a selection of stickers next weekend Steve??

I have now painted the front calipers and totally messed it up!

I bet it's not as bad as you think. You always notice slight flaws in your work which no-one else will notice, especially at a distance. At least that's what I'm like with things like decorating. I'll be annoyed about some mismatch in wallpaper patterns and no-one else ever notices.

If it is as bad as you think hopefully the other guys will get you sorted at JAE!!

Originally posted by Chris Shipley

Any news on the gold stickers yet Steve ?

yeah spoke to the guys the other day and said that the srickers are too small to be able to cut the material.. the material is like tin foil and said it would rip on that size logo... but i will try my best and ask the other manager and see what he says

Originally posted by Administrator

We have got three days to go at it Steve so it shouldnt be a problem.

My missus is coming with me so the hair dryer will be the first thing packed!:lol::lol::rolleyes:

Im sure Zee will be bringing his anyway:o:P

Will you be bringing a selection of stickers next weekend Steve??

I will have loads spare at the meet for those who are painting there calipers at the meet...

to be honest it sounds crazy to me... :lol:

Originally posted by Jimmy Ten Toes

Will anyone have any spare red calliper paint at the meet.

I will pay for it! Honest Guv.:smilegrin:

I got a tin of red paint already in the boot and is coming with me.

No need to pay we are all doing it for the same cause :?:

• 4 weeks later...

I've a silver lexus with red calipers and silver stickers and I'll take some photos...but I don't have a digitial camera so it'll be a while before I finish the film, get it developed and scanned in....

Here's the silver/red/silver combo...

http://www.geocities.com/lunatikz808/SILVE...REDCALIPER1.jpg

Sorry couldn't find silver/red/white.

Very happy - I used smoothrite - two coats applied with a brush. Easy to do as long as you use plenty of masking tape for the clips, screws, pipes etc. I did get a few tiny holes from bubbles or something probably cause I didn't leave it long enough between coats and applied it too thick. But you don't see these from a distance. I've an S with the 16 inch wheels so the red calipers help make up for the small wheel size and make it look a bit more sporty.

cheers java,

Yeah I like the looks of that should look pretty good on my sport.

I take it you painted them whilst they were still on the car? How did you paint the backs?

out of interest, can you not post pictures straight into the posts using code?

let's try :D

the reason it does not work is because the image url does not work in the browser.

try pasting the image in your browser address bar and you will see you get a 500 error

try saving the image on your hard drive then upload using the attatchment feature.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links