Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Sidelights

Just bought some sidelights off eBay, hoping they would be white & not yellow so they would match my PIAA bulbs and they were only £5 on eBay.

Fitted them today and they are very blue, not ice blue but blue blue (!)

Are they illegal - if not are they good to have or will it make me look like a boyracer?

There are some super-bright white 6 x LED's available on ultraleds.co.uk these are the 501 type wedge fitting.

They are legal - the light is bright blue-white, similar to Audi TT

Gib also has them and he's a Fed

Wouldn't the eight-LED wide-angle ones be better, Mr. M? Brighter, with a better spread of light into the reflector?

I leave my lights on Auto so there's not much point me fitting 'em! The eight-LEDs make good boot illumination lights though. Might uprate my six-LED red door-lights to eight-LED and put the sixes in my high-level (or is it eye-level?) brake light, will have to check if it takes wedges first though!

I might try one of each this evening, then post pics to see which is best.

There are some super-bright white 6 x LED's available on ultraleds.co.uk these are the 501 type wedge fitting.

They are legal - the light is bright blue-white, similar to Audi TT

Gib also has them and he's a Fed

ive got these from ultraleds

501 Type (Custom Blue Tint Design)

Single Bulb

WHITE 5 + 1 (Blue) Led Version Super Bright Version

(Blue Led in the Centre - 6 leds in Total)

gallery_1236_38_2440.jpg

gallery_1236_38_58706.jpg

I'd thought about the 8-LED wide angle bulb but it's 19mm at the widest point - are you sure this will fit OK, he won't accept returns if it won't fit?

8 LED super wide angle

OK, I don't know about the IS but have just tried and can confirm that the eight-LED bulb WILL FIT the Mk.2 GS front sidelights!

So far, the eight-LED bulb has been tested and found to fit the following in the Mk.2 GS:-

Front sidelights

Rear interior lights

Front and rear red door lights

Boot light

High-level brake light (don't bother, 6 or 8 LED clusters look crap here, I've just tried)

Okay, eight versus six...

8versus6leds.jpg

The one on our left is an 8-LED wide-angle bulb (four forward, plus up, down, left, right).

The one on our right is a 6-LED bulb (all point forward).

Hard to tell in this pic, but the 8-LED bulb does seem to spread light around the lens a bit better.

I'll buy a pair of 8's, they'll either go in the rear courtesy lights or (more likely) the sidelights, seeing as today is the first time I realised they share a lens with the main beam, not the dipped headlights that I always have on "auto"!

• 4 years later...

Exactly my thoughts!

But yes, I was hoping they would be just a little bit blue, like with HIDs... but unfortunately they look like something thats more suited to a corsa etc :/

Reckon il change to bright white LEDs instead and get a HID kit for my fogs. Anyone got this setup?

right for the fogs i would pic the ones you have(yellow)

headlights--i cant recomend hid's enough(i have them in my headlights and full beam)

side lights--i cant recomend led's enough they are so much brighter than bulbs and last longer.

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links