Tte Lowering Springs

SHAHZ

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the spot :ohmy: geometry, geometry, geometry, you read this topic time and time again, fact is the IS has an unstable "geometry" hence the posts, all this means nothing unless you become a "victim" then its personal.

If on top of this "unstable" geometry if car is lowerd then a completly new area within the geom evolves, but has no "actual" scale of recovery, or time. So using Scarface and SHAHZ as "guinea pigs" this is what i found.

With a 30mm drop the "natural" recovery is within limits.

A 500 and 1000 mile re-check proved the "settled" suspension showed little deviation from the recovery geometry set-up, after this the "normal" WIM" fine tune will apply, then its "job" done. Point is, this geometry test has shown that the "interim" check is "NOT" necessary, so you can go straight from "lowered"recovery, to "fine tune" without the interim check.

On the spot :ohmy: geometry, geometry, geometry, you read this topic time and time again, fact is the IS has an unstable "geometry" hence the posts, all this means nothing unless you become a "victim" then its personal.

If on top of this "unstable" geometry if car is lowerd then a completly new area within the geom evolves, but has no "actual" scale of recovery, or time. So using Scarface and SHAHZ as "guinea pigs" this is what i found.

With a 30mm drop the "natural" recovery is within limits.

A 500 and 1000 mile re-check proved the "settled" suspension showed little deviation from the recovery geometry set-up, after this the "normal" WIM" fine tune will apply, then its "job" done. Point is, this geometry test has shown that the "interim" check is "NOT" necessary, so you can go straight from "lowered"recovery, to "fine tune" without the interim check.

So does this mean i'll need a fine tune then Tony?

Thanks

Adie

Although i'll be seeing you again anyway at the meet.

So does this mean i'll need a fine tune then Tony?

Thanks

Adie

Although i'll be seeing you again anyway at the meet.

Yes. Sorry we must have got X lines somwere, all cars that have a geometry "should" be "fine" tuned after about 2000 miles, the reason for this is the geometry settings are no more than "suggestions" there is no such thing as "one" set-up covers all, so the "fine" tune will detect your driving style and area reletive to the tyre wear, from this i can fine tune then its job done and i wont see you for a long time :crybaby: the reason no one else offers this is "cost" the fine tune must be "free" since in reality its the "real" geometry...see you in 2000 :D

• 2 months later...

sorry to resurect an old thread :P

i was wondering if the tte springs affect the ride at all?

Does it bump around a lot more?

Do you feel those subsided manhole cover a bit more under the wheels???

I only ask as i drove the IS200 for the very first time today (yes im still :smiling:!!!) and it was an absoulutly gorgeous ride. Especially compared to my honda civic which is 100mm lowered and you can feel every little bump in the road!

going to fit my springs on saturday plus gunna get some 18'' wheels in 2 weeks, the question is will these rub etc?

Think it's all down to what offset you get on the alloys mate, mine rub when I have the steering at full lock - it's a normal thing and I think eventually the plastic wears away!

What alloys are they?

@ Vinokirk - is that yours you got today then mate? Enjoy it :D

IMHO when I went out in Ifraz's car to Gatwick the ride was better on the TTE lowering springs than on my car which at the time was on stock Sport springs. Lowered but still smooth as you like.

Nowadays it's rock hard on the TTE coilovers :lol:

I dont want a rock hard ride!!! I need a smooth one or the mussus will hate me and the car! No i didnt buy one today just test drove! The mussus(who hates the civic) absoulutely loved the IS and she wants one now(even tho shes got no license and is at uni half the year!).

It was an SE in Damietta Quartz 53reg 9000miles for £13495. I never knew it had that big hump in the bonnet!

I asked how much inc labour for the s/c. lets wait and see his price!

I dont want a rock hard ride!!! I need a smooth one or the mussus will hate me and the car! No i didnt buy one today just test drove! The mussus(who hates the civic) absoulutely loved the IS and she wants one now(even tho shes got no license and is at uni half the year!).

It was an SE in Damietta Quartz 53reg 9000miles for £13495. I never knew it had that big hump in the bonnet!

I asked how much inc labour for the s/c. lets wait and see his price!

The coilovers are much harder than stock, saying that the TTEs are soft compared to how some people run their cars!!

The car looks great in that colour, sounds a bit of a bargain there, mine was that price at 3 years old and 54000 miles!!

The hump is a great design feature, makes the car look like it's got a lot more in there then it actually has!

All I can say about buying it is "do it, do it!"

Look at you going for the supercharger already :lol:

Yeah the supercharger is a must!!! bit outta my price range that but for 9000 miles!!!! my civic has 200k! I have the money to get it but i was thinking of spending it on something else. But to have a car wit 9k on the clock woould be so good,, and also the resale value would be better in a few yrs

It'll probably still be wearing in at that mate, haven't heard of any really high milers like 200k in the IS though, there was a fella on here a year or so back who had a really high milage one, it was a taxi, Nodstar or something I think, he was a good lad!

The good thing with low milers is that in theory the interior and exterior will be in better condition, my drivers seat is really worn now, and the leather is all going :(

sorry to resurect an old thread :P

i was wondering if the tte springs affect the ride at all?

Does it bump around a lot more?

Do you feel those subsided manhole cover a bit more under the wheels???

I only ask as i drove the IS200 for the very first time today (yes im still :smiling:!!!) and it was an absoulutly gorgeous ride. Especially compared to my honda civic which is 100mm lowered and you can feel every little bump in the road!

To be quite honest i was expecting a harsh ride after i had these fitted....and was very surprised to find, as aido has mentioned the ride is similar i would even say has improved in comparison to stock....looks & handles much better.....go get some i say :D....Mr prolex done me a very good deal on a set ;)

• 3 months later...

Well its been a while now since i had it lowered, geo set, so i gave Mr Bones a visit last week for the fine tune & pad change on all corners. As always a very profesional service and kept informed every step of the way :) ......just letting the pads settle before i give it a good throwing around corners and see what difference the fine tune has made....although it was only a little out.....thanks again Tony :driving::driving::driving::driving::driving:

Well its been a while now since i had it lowered, geo set, so i gave Mr Bones a visit last week for the fine tune & pad change on all corners.  As always a very profesional service and kept informed every step of the way :) ......just letting the pads settle before i give it a good throwing around corners and see what difference the fine tune has made....although it was only a little out.....thanks again Tony :driving:  :driving:  :driving:  :driving:  :driving:

Your welcome SHAHZ.... The tyre wear is now uniform at .6mm per 2000 miles and your geometry fingerprint is final........ see you in 07....

• 3 weeks later...
sorry to dig up an old thread again

couple of questions

firstly are the TTE lowering springs rebadged Eibach?

secondly, isnt it a 'no-no' to put lowering springs on matched with standard shocks?

They are made for TTE by Eibach, not the other way around

TTE Are Eibach yes.

Don't quite get what you mean about the second question ?

Do you mean ... is it a no no to put lowering springs on standard shocks? Then ... no, it's fine.

I have that on mine too .........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links