Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dream To Reality

:D

Hi

Just like to say hello.

Finally after 3yrs, ive turned the dream to reality & become the proud owner of a lexus is200 & what a car.... i now drive with a smile on my face.

John f

:D

Hi

Just like to say hello.

Finally after 3yrs, ive turned the dream to reality & become the proud owner of a lexus is200 & what a car.... i now drive with a smile on my face.

John f

Congrats!, matter of fact I just bought mine like 3 weeks ago, well I haven't been a super fan of IS200, wasn't my dream car, I was initially gonna get a Audi A4, the older model, but I am loving my IS200 now! and so glad I bought it, such a nice car to drive.. :)

Congratulations mate, like they all said, the grin will go on and on. Got my Lexus almost a month a go now and I still have the silly grin and use any excuse to drive it. My wife only has to THINK about going shopping and I volunteer to take her, its that good! :blush:

Anyway welcome to LOC and enjoy your new IS

Thanks Guys for your response,much appreciated

Shahz; Will post pics when i work out how too,not a tecno whiz like you guys.

Chips229: Previous car was a p reg vectra 2.0ltr diesel.

What has impressed me so far....everything,style,comfort,toys,safety aspects,ride & that sweet purrrr the engine makes ,most of all the sheer pleasure it gives me....like Gandalf i too am only to willing to go shopping now.

Bernard tam hk: Already started on mods,only subtle ones though,Aluminium valve caps & sleeves& tax disc holder....maybe sat nav next, will have to put in a few more o/t shifts in me thinks.

Car has already had visit to the dent man yesterday...paintless dent removal, did a fantastic job...A1 one again only cost £70 fair price i thought.

Thanks again guys ...keep smiling ,John

Hi Congrats on getting the car of your dreams

Picking my brand new IS200 SE with aero pack & sports grill sat morning changing from a focusST170.

Can't Wait

oops, i hope you are not expecting the same performance as the st170 theres about 1.5sec difference to 60. quality is a different league though.

Picking my brand new IS200 SE with aero pack & sports grill sat morning changing from a focusST170.

Can't Wait

oops, i hope you are not expecting the same performance as the st170 theres about 1.5sec difference to 60. quality is a different league though.

unless its supercharged then the old focus will be eaten.welcome to the club mate,gimme a shout if you need anything. :winky:

MartinC...love those alloys,are they from lexus. ive got the 5 spoke ones

My is 200 also plat ice.

Yep genuine Lexus mate, 18" styling alloys B) , they were actually on the car along with the styling kit, one of the reasons I went for that one.

My local dealer, Hatfield along with a few others are doing reasonable deals on them, at the mo, works out to £1060 all inc for 4 with P zero's, worth asking about if you're after some

Can't Wait  :D

Hi Hammers,

It will be interesting to see what you think of the IS compared to the Focus St - in terms of performance & spec etc!

Enjoy the car mate!

My mate has a Focus ST170....quick little car you know!

For spec, class, comfort and quality the two aren't even in the same league! But for performance...the 7000rpm redline on the focus makes it tuff to deal with even when your supercharged. The chassis has been tuned nicely by Ford too!

My S/C IS was quicker than his ST until he got a CAT back exhaust system and super-dooper cold air induction kit...now I'm a fraction behind, but only by half a cars length....the next couple of mods I have in the pipe line will see me take the lead again!! :P

Top purchase though Hammers!!! You will love it mate....and you will learn the ways of the force (modding) very quickly as a member here!! :D

My mate has a Focus ST170....quick little car you know! 

For spec, class, comfort and quality the two aren't even in the same league!  But for performance...the 7000rpm redline on the focus makes it tuff to deal with even when your supercharged.  The chassis has been tuned nicely by Ford too!

My S/C IS was quicker than his ST until he got a CAT back exhaust system and super-dooper cold air induction kit...now I'm a fraction behind, but only by half a cars length....the next couple of mods I have in the pipe line will see me take the lead again!! :P

Top purchase though Hammers!!!  You will love it mate....and you will learn the ways of the force (modding) very quickly as a member here!! :D

And the difference in cost to be a 1/2 cars lenght in front is ????? :whistling:

Hi all

yes the ST is a fairly quick car, thats when it isn't in the workshop having various things fixed (broken VVT cable, mod for viabrating acc pedal, flickering dash lights, broken cat mounts) know how to build quality cars do Ford :whistling:

Only really got the ST because my brother works for ford so i get employee discount. which has worked out well as i have only lost £2600 in depreciation on it in 2 and a half years including VAT (paid £10600 traded in for £8000) :D

Mostly drive around london for work so decided to go for somthing with a bit more class to match the bmw's/merc's & jags parked in my companys car park.

can't wait till tomorrow morning

The IS is not aimed at traffic light grand prix

I had a Saxo VTS before the Is200 and can easily show up both a S/C IS or an ST170 but was constructed with tin foil hence the under 7 secs 0-60 and 15.2 1/4 mile

I also have a gti6 which keeps me amused when I feel the urge

The saxo beat it till 90-100 then 100+ the 6 rules but comfort and style the IS is worth every penny and they crash quite well too :blush:

It is all about the quality of the car itself as a whole on the motorway I would say the IS is better than its 0-60 time

Went looking round a car supermarket the other day where they mither you like hell trying to sell you vectras and ex lease 318's in my scruffs

What do you drive now?

An IS200 :driving:

Lexus? :huh:

Yeah

{Doh all are cars are ******* no sale for me} :crybaby:

Why dont you look at that Astra SRI its really cool

:sick:

Bye :whistling:

Great fun winding up salemen who have no idea about cars

As one salesman said

Saxo VTS thats the 2.0 right :blink:

Can't Wait  :D

:driving: Hi hammers,hope everthing went well picking car up...lets us know what ya think & post some pics.

What colour did you go for.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links