Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:) Hi guys, I know you INFO junkies ( myself included) like to hear the latest, I just got back from Wales, 800 mile round trip. The first 300 miles returned 30.4 MPG mixed fast A roads and motorways. Return trip at fast motorway/Aroad speeds gave 34.3 MPG, this is with full load ( 4 pasengers and luggage)and in pi**ing rain. So quiet at motorway speeds, no shouting, just talking, got out after hours of driving, felt very fresh, well impressed. Mileage to date 1620 Miles, still not run-in yet. :D

good stuff john, i hope your passengers were impressed! mpg's alright as well. it's always nice to get out of a car after a long journey and feel nice and fresh :)

Are u sure u got those mpg's?

Is the computer accurate?? HAve u tried calculating it yourself?

:P I brimmed it each time, dead accurate ( filled till you see it coming out) I don't trust the computer reading, however they were near the real findings.

I have had 3 MKII GS300s. Always have the air con on which won't help the mpg. The total miles and average mpg for each one

44804 miles 25.57mpg

61980 miles 24.93mpg

20810 miles 21.09mpg

the last one did much more city driving in the mix than the first two.

So far the MKIII looks better and it is not run in yet.

• 1 month later...
:)  Hi guys, I know you INFO junkies ( myself included) like to hear the latest, I just got back from Wales, 800 mile round trip. The first 300 miles returned 30.4 MPG mixed fast A roads and motorways. Return trip at fast motorway/Aroad speeds gave 34.3 MPG, this is with full load ( 4 pasengers and luggage)and in pi**ing rain. So quiet at motorway speeds, no shouting, just talking, got out after hours of driving, felt very fresh, well impressed. Mileage to date 1620 Miles, still not run-in yet. :D

I'm really impressed with the fuel mileage as well. I just got my 06 stateside and have 180miles on the clock and i'm just getting to 1/2 tank. that's not bad for a motor that's not even broken in yet.

sure i'm very inpressed with this new gs too!

i have an is200 and find it more a fuel eating under powerd some thing even my 'old' camry v6 had a better mpg. after driving all three gs versions on a special lexus day it's very hard to drive the is200! have to save some cash now! :lol:

Mines coming on the 11th Aug,

but am i allowed to delay it so it comes out as a 55 plate in sept?? can u do that? although the car would have arrived but not actually get it until the 1st

I think its based on the day the car was first reg'd not the date it was born.

sorry i dont quite know what that means!

what is meant by the day it was first registered? the day it left the factory? (japan)

or the day it arrives at the garage?

brettster is right.

the date is the date when a car gets it's frist registration. the time a car traffels from the factory (nipon) to the customers is quite a long one. they even have a special paint shop here in avon mouth (bristol) to repair them. i know because the company where i work service their paint washers :lol: and beleave me most of the cars are not new but repaired! :shifty:

sorry so whats does that mean/??

so what is the process?

the car arrives, still no registration? when someone wants the car it then goes throught her registration process?

so r u saying that i can make it a 55 plate?? excuse my ignornace

Hi Boo,

If you ask the dealer for delivery on Sept 1st, it will then have a 55 plate, and will be taxed from Sept 1st. Otherwise you will get an 05 plate.

You have to weigh up the delay now to wait until Sep 1st against the increased value of 55 when you trade in.

To answer other points about Avonmouth - when my GS arrived, the dealer was waiting for it to travel up from there, as well as ensuring bodywork is OK, they fit some UK only parts. I believe they also fit the front and rear bumper sonars there. Also maybe UK foglights. I think those regs vary from country to country, so are fitted locally.

Regards,

Tony

sorry so whats does that mean/??

so what is the process?

the car arrives, still no registration? when someone wants the car it then goes throught her registration process?

Yeah a car is not registered until the dealer takes the documents down to the DVLA and gets it registered, thats how with some cars you may find a car in stock for immediate delivery where it is just sitting on a lot somewhere in the UK but is still brand new

brettster is right.

the date is the date when a car gets it's frist registration. the time a car traffels from the factory (nipon) to the customers is quite a long one. they even have a special paint shop here in avon mouth (bristol) to repair them. i know because the company where i work service their paint washers  :lol:  and beleave me most of the cars are not new but repaired!  :shifty:

:crybaby: that does not suprise me at all.

I got 34 on my first run on the M1 from Sheffield to Wakefield.

Wife is getting 26/27 going to work and back (5 miles each way) but I am currently getting zero as I need a new windscreen already and no one has got one, see new topic titled New GS300 windscreen.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links