Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Post Office Procedures

hi,

Are there any postmen or postwomen in LOC or anyone else for that matter who can tell me what exactly happens to a letter once its posted, i mean where does it go from the post box and how does it arrive at the address. who has access to the letters before delivery to the address, and also what procedures are in place to prevent mail theft by employees.

it s a bit of a saga at present but so far i have been sent 4 replacement warranty books and none have ever arrived at my address. I need to get things sorted before it gets out of hand and my car suddenly develops an identical twin racking up loads of speeding fines etc....

any help appreciated,

i will be conducting my own investigation obviously but i just need a few pointers before i begin,

thanks

chris

my mother is a postie of some 16 years now...

she in bed now (early start of course) but from what i know it goes like this..

put the letter in post box, if the letter is from a comapany then it will be franked and either collected via the postie or someone will take it to the post office.

Letters then get taken back to local sorting office.

Then they are sorted into individual areas adn then into eacch persons round.

The postie will then deliver the letters. and thats it..

What could go wrong is either:-

Your address is incorrect (but your regular postie would possible see your name and know its yours)

or what is happening more oftern nowdays is that a dodgy immigrant who cant read english simply cant find your address and/or dumps the mail (all very true).

I doubt it is stolen as posties get to know what the letter is (credit cards etc)

i would advise getting the warrenty book sent via recorded delivery whereby a signiture is required as proof of delivery..

or what is happening more oftern nowdays is that a dodgy immigrant who cant read english simply cant find your address and/or dumps the mail (all very true).

I doubt it is stolen as posties get to know what the letter is (credit cards etc) 

One of my mates is a postie and i've heard this also to be true :huh:

1, you stick leter in post box and the magic fairies collect it and deliver all over the world for next to nothing :)

Steve

Postie

AND THATS THE TRUTH !!!!!!

hi im having a similar problem, except some dodgy royal mail staff keeps open my mail, especially birthday cards and those fake promotional credit cards capital ones send out. i have complained but have got nowhere. :angry::angry::angry:

you know i never have a problem with the mail :)

id make sure they have ur address right first.

no as far as i know it goes some thing like this

(bare in mind im not a postie im a driver thats all ) so i can only go on OUR side of the busness

we collect, goes to a central hub, gets sorted on sort frames, then goes to other hubs, eg if we get a scotland or a liverpool its goes to either a plane or a 40 footer :) from there it gets sorted again in to small area post codes, then again to a posties walk

then to you

but seeing as im on special duties it might be different

its same with parcels,

u deliver, they go to main sorting office (hub) then on a night in a container go to the hub closest to the delivery point , then sorted into post codes, then to a walk, thats basically it ,

i remember when i got set on for RM i got taken round the Leeds entral sorting office and that place is MASSIVE (shame im not there now) but any way there are a loads of bags, loads of machines for sorting and a crap loads of people ,

Steve