Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Saw An Iterest In Carbon Fibre Bits

EvilOmar

hi there

saw someone putting a posting up about someone having the plastic lids covered. Spoke to the nice man at Styling FX and has quoted £30 for the cruise control cover all in carbon fibre, not just covered and £37 for the fuse box lid, these will be for the GS300 Mk1 as he's using mine to make the moulds. The fuse box lid is just a cover for the plastic due to the clipmountings he'd need to machine into the lid if it was just out of carbon fibre. Tried to persuade him into making the complete lid without clip mounts and using a strap to secure it but cost would be bumped up due to making a male n female mould to do the tight radiuses n edges! He would prefer an initial run of about 10 of each due to having to make the moulds. He's in the process of building a website but you can contact him via email on info@stylingfx.co.uk or 01294 213222 and please mention "Omar" and the Lexus Owners Club

He's also is trying to source me a bonnet and boot in carbon fibre from contacts in japan (he brings a container over every 8 weeks or so to keep shipping costs down)plus a body kit to match

On a sad taste note im also getting an supra style wing come payday for what i think is a reasonable price of £150 for half roof hieght or £170 for full roof height modified and fitted tho need to get it painted elswhere. He does have someone to recommend.

Iv seen his work and to me is faultless. Most of the fibregass work is done in the workshops which i got to look round and well impressed wi the jobs undertaken (of particular interest is the removing of the door handles on a honda crx! really nice)

Hope this is of interest to people

hi there

saw someone putting a posting up about someone having the plastic lids covered. Spoke to the nice man at Styling FX and has quoted £30 for the cruise control cover all in carbon fibre, not just covered and £37 for the fuse box lid, these will be for the GS300 Mk1 as he's using mine to make the moulds. The fuse box lid is just a cover for the plastic due to the clipmountings he'd need to machine into the lid if it was just out of carbon fibre. Tried to persuade him into making the complete lid without clip mounts and using a strap to secure it but cost would be bumped up due to making a male n female mould to do the tight radiuses n edges! He would prefer an initial run of about 10 of each due to having to make the moulds. He's in the process of building a website but you can contact him via email on info@stylingfx.co.uk or 01294 213222 and please mention "Omar" and the Lexus Owners Club

He's also is trying to source me a bonnet and boot in carbon fibre from contacts in japan (he brings a container over every 8 weeks or so to keep shipping costs down)plus a body kit to match

On a sad taste note im also getting an supra style wing come payday for what i think is a reasonable price of £150 for half roof hieght or £170 for full roof height modified and fitted tho need to get it painted elswhere. He does have someone to recommend.

Iv seen his work and to me is faultless. Most of the fibregass work is done in the workshops which i got to look round and well impressed wi the jobs undertaken (of particular interest is the removing of the door handles on a honda crx! really nice)

Hope this is of interest to people

it was me getting my fuse box, cruise control motor cover and underbonnet air duct carbon fibre covered and its costing me few beers :D but thats not bad at all people charge an arm and a leg for cf

forgot to add, he now has silver colored carbon fibre as developed by NASA alledgedly, looks like the usual stuff but silver as it has an aluminium weave! raw materials x3 the cost but a product usually works out x2 the normal cost