Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Window Switch's

I have been thinking about this for quite a while now and just thought i would see if anyone has done it yet???

On the drivers door for the electric window switch's only the drivers door has the auto button (the button that you can press once and the window fully opens, rather than hold it down).

But can i purchase 6 more of these buttons to replace the others around the car so that they all have the auto function or is it more work involved than just replacing the switch's?????

Thanks all,

Jason :P

who said anything about buying them from the dealer :winky:

i have aquired one already, just thought i would post up on here before ripping the car apart and trying it. I should be able to slowly aquire the rest over time, thats if the switch's will work.

have just taken the spare unit apart! and can confirm its not just a case of putting on more auto switch's.

The relay is part of the circuit board and not the individual switch, so don't think it can be done, will have a fiddle with it over the weekend and see what happens ( thats a fiddle with the switch's, not anything else before people get confussed)

• 1 month later...

you cannot just replace the switches. Auto switches have extra wires to tell the ECU to go fully down/up. The ECU detects when the window is open or closed and also detects if something it in the way and stops the motor.