Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I have a RX300 that is less than two years old and has done less than 20,000 miles. I have also had an IS200 and IS300 all of which have been prone to more than their fair share of stone chips.

My problem with the RX is that the ones under the grill have all started to rust (at least 6 or 7 seperate spots) - my lexus dealer and the customer care department don't want to know. Basically they say it is not covered by the warranty.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you get it sorted? Am i being unreasonable expecting a £38,000 car not to rust? I have looked at other car a similar age and not seen anything as bad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

I have an RX 300 se-l 23000 miles and less than 2 years old -it has spent the last week at lexus of nottingham having a new master brake cylinder + ?servo unit (major hydraulic failure), next week it has a further week in nottingham having some warranty work done on 2 bonnet stone chips that are starting to rust. As an RAC loan car I had a Volvo S60 2.0T SE - a very impressive car and much cheaper than my lexus - in 18 months when time comes to change I have a big decision.

The rust is covered by the warrantee however the dealer has to send pictures to Lexus GB in order to get approval to get the work done.

This depends on the size of the rust spot.

Push your dealer harder on this one.

Hope this helps!

John

I believe the warranty requires that small spots are touched up with the paint supplied. Obviously it's impossible to guarantee that stone chips will not make it through the paint and undercoats.