Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having just purchased a 2001 RX300, which needs a really good clean, how the hell do I get the centre console out.

Using a bloody big hammer and a crow bar is starting to look like an option.

Also does anyone know what the sensor type thingy is that is poking out from the console?? :winky:

Must be really dirty to need the console to come out! Can you give better detail of the "centre thingy" or a pic.

runs between the 2 front seats, all the bolts and screws are out, just seems to be connected at the back end(so 2 speak)

If the screws are out then it is probably held in by spring clips.

Usually it is just applying pressure against the clips but you need to see them to know which way to press.

If the screws are out then it is probably held in by spring clips.

Usually it is just applying pressure against the clips  but you need to see them to know which way to press.

looks like just 1 plastic plug, don't want to force it too much and break it, going into the garage in 2 weeks for a lpg conversion, think I will wait till it comes back b4 I fiddle to much........but then again!!!!

Also does anyone know what the sensor type thingy is that is poking out from the console?? :winky:

If it's the same as the IS .......... it's the light sensors ... for your headlights, and sat nav screen.

If it's the same as the IS .......... it's the light sensors ... for your headlights, and sat nav screen.

could be, but would that sensor be up by the rear view mirror....could be the ex wife bugging the car

:lol: