Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200/300/altezza 200mm Body Shell

derekyau

Hi all remote control car fans.

Anyone been trying to get hold of a Lexus IS series/Toyota Altezza 10:1 200mm body shell for their remote control cars (e.g. electric, nitro), I have found a retailer that can supply them.

I can order just the one for myself, but have to pay a surcharge. :blink:

This can be waived if 10 or more are ordered at once. :whistling:

Would anyone be interested?

Design yourself a mini-Lex/Tez to race against... :) B)

The cost would be £19 for a Vixen 10:1 200mm shell, unpainted, with decal stickers. Picture and limited info here!

I would guess that we would have to arrange collection (at a LOC meet) or shipping from myself once I get them (maybe a fiver or so at a guess).

Once their's interest of 10 or more, I will start to take payments.

Otherwise i'm just gonna get myself just the one.

Derek.

Hiya

I got a Tamiya 1/10 RC kit from ebay for 51 quid and the detail is very nice and close to the IS200

some pics of it are posted Here in this old post

perhaps you can get the tamiya bodyshell on its own?

Hey Bret,

Erm, i've hunted high and low, UK and US suppliers, and pretty much all of them are sold out/discontinued... :sick:

And plus, I am after 200mm shell (think Tamiya is 190mm).

You got lucky then! A whole kit for 51 quid! :lol:

D.

how can they get away with charging you a surcharge it's on there site for sale at 18.99 that should be the price?

They don't regularly order from the supplier, so a one-off order for a single shell incurs the surcharge, which is understandable. :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
Hiya

I got a Tamiya 1/10 RC kit from ebay for 51 quid and the detail is very nice and close to the IS200

some pics of it are posted Here in this old post

perhaps you can get the tamiya bodyshell on its own?

I have the same kit!!!

Bought mine on eBay about 2 months ago, I paid about 70 quid for mine.

Still sitting in it's box, lol.

Might build it one day. One good thing though, it's RARE! :lol:

• 1 month later...

I have the IS/tezz Vixen shell at home. I can vouch for the quality. I bought mine locally, the kind model shop people ordered it in for me with no surcharges!

Anyway, now for a plug :

www.simplyrc.com

Ive looked high and low to. They look ok, not sure of the rear bumper though...... :blush:

Dont think there's any choice really out there, if you're after 200mm. I've seen a handful of American based sites but even they are always out of stock... and I don't really fancy the risk of the delivery issues.

I'm not sure about the rear bumber either - not sure whether to cut it so that it slopes... And it definately needs to be lowered...

Oh, and the spoiler is wrong... but that's what came with the kit...

D.

Preffer Brettsters one .............. I won't ask why you have Vaseline next to your computer <_<

LOL. Not my computer... but I knew someone would notice the Vaseline after I uploaded the pic...

D.

Oh and nice shell by the way. Mine is similar. Silver, black spoiler with carbon ends, carbon running down the bonnet and black wheels. Looks pretty mean.

I was going to (and still might) do a replica of my car. I had similar chrome wheels to mine and got mini reg numbers made up!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links