Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Plz Help! With An Annoying Problem

hi i own a Toyota Altezza RS200 Z ED (IS200) i'm having a problem with an annoying sound coming from the car, it a a strange watery type noise i hear when i turn on the engine and it gets louder sometimes when i rev the car. the sound sounds like it's coming from the front somewhere in the dash or engine bay. i took it to a mechanic to have a look and he said its the water pipes for the air conditioning making the sound. but when i first got the car that sound was not there i was wondering if anyone would know what that sound means and if there is a problem. or can anyone give me some advice how to get rid of that annoying sound

looking at the forum it doesn't sound like the problem i'm having, my cars is

working perfectly fine but just that strange watery sound that is really annoying. the car has a after market full apexi exust system and i don't think there is anything wrong in there but if anyone has come across this problem and knows whats wrong can you plz help

thank you

Sounds like air in the heater matrix which could be caused be either a leak or if any work has been carried out on the coolant system it hasn't been refilled properly.

If it's not a leak and there are no visible signs of one, most of the time bleeding and refilling the system will cure it.

Sounds like air in the heater matrix which could be caused be either a leak or if any work has been carried out on the coolant system it hasn't been refilled properly.

If it's not a leak and there are no visible signs of one, most of the time bleeding and refilling the system will cure it.

I think that could be the problem cool thx alot

i'm not really familiar about the mechanics of the car but you say to refill the heater matrix?

if you know what do i have to do. do i have to drain it first?

oh yeah where is the heater matrix located?

I think having any air in the coolant system isn't good. As far as I'm aware there isn't a bleed valve and it's not a job to take on without some experience. You could end up making it worse. My advice is the job is best left to a garage.

I think having any air in the coolant system isn't good. As far as I'm aware there isn't a bleed valve and it's not a job to take on without some experience. You could end up making it worse. My advice is the job is best left to a garage.

yeah i think i should take it to someone

well thanks alot for the advice much appreciated

hi i own a Toyota Altezza RS200 Z ED (IS200) i'm having a problem with an annoying sound coming from the car, it a a strange watery type noise i hear when i turn on the engine and it gets louder sometimes when i rev the car. the sound sounds like it's coming from the front somewhere in the dash or engine bay. i took it to a mechanic to have a look and he said its the water pipes for the air conditioning making the sound. but when i first got the car that sound was not there i was wondering if anyone would know what that sound means and if there is a problem. or can anyone give me some advice how to get rid of that annoying sound

I am very familiar with this problem - cuttin a very long story to the min - i crashed in july 04, had new ac, rad, water pump, timing belt plus other stuff in front of bay.

its been making the water rushing sound from 3500+ revs and gear + neutral, INS co could not sort, went to lexus leeds, after a Cat, an alternator and three more visits, all on the ins co account that goodness, its still does it.

Ins co force fed the coolant system with some gizmo, it was ok for 4 mile then its back. They still havn't sorted it. To bleed it you have to get the front right up aboth the top heater hose, difficult, but easy with a fork lift. Didnt make any difference.

Lexus dealer clamped the top hose from heater and it stopped(in neutral) thus apparently proving its the matrix. Apparently not covered by ins co, yet it was not doing it before the crash.

Bought a K+ N Filter hoping it would drown it out, but it doesn't.

Only answer - turn the CD up, and worry about it when getting rid.

If you do sort it , please let me know, as its caused me a lot of hassle and heart ache, I even had contact with Toyota Japan over it.

I have driven 10k since and cars still ok.

can just empty and start again, dont think would be that hard, done it on other cars. Is lex a bti different?

I am very familiar with this problem - cuttin a very long story to the min - i crashed in july 04, had new ac, rad, water pump, timing belt plus other stuff in front of bay.

its been making the water rushing sound from 3500+ revs and gear + neutral, INS co could not sort, went to lexus leeds, after a Cat, an alternator and three more visits, all on the ins co account that goodness, its still does it.

Ins co force fed the coolant system with some gizmo, it was ok for 4 mile then its back. They still havn't sorted it. To bleed it you have to get the front right up aboth the top heater hose, difficult, but easy with a fork lift. Didnt make any difference.

Lexus dealer clamped the top hose from heater and it stopped(in neutral) thus apparently proving its the matrix. Apparently not covered by ins co, yet it was not doing it before the crash.

Bought a K+ N Filter hoping it would drown it out, but it doesn't.

Only answer - turn the CD up, and worry about it when getting rid.

If you do sort it , please let me know, as its caused me a lot of hassle and heart ache, I even had contact with Toyota Japan over it.

I have driven 10k since and cars still ok.

assuming the cooling system is absolutely airtight, the only other way air can be entering the cooloing system is by cavitation, this is caused by a design flaw or fault in the water pump system, either the pump is spinning too quckly, or the tolerance between the impeller blades and impeller housing is not as it was designed, or the angle of the blades are not as they were designed, or there is a blockage.

basically what happens is either

pump cavitation which means the blades moving through the liquid create low pressure pockets around the impeller area as the blades pass through the liquid too quickly. the quicker the blades move, the lower the pressure, and the lower the vapour point of the liquid becomes, until it boils at the localised low pressure area and air bubbles appear. (impeller spinning too fast, too small impeller, or wrong blade angle, or damaged blades):unsure:

or discharge cavitation. when the discharge pressure is too high (caused by an in-efficent impeller design, or obstruction e.g wrong blade angle or blockage), the liquid tries to follow the impeller around rather than exit via the discharge and then tries to escape between the impeller blades and pump housing at very high velocity causing low pressure (vacuum) again allowing the liquid to vapourise and produce air bubbles. :crybaby:

or suction cavitation, which wouldn't create air in the system, but would seriously damage the impeller, the fluid is under low pressure on the inlet side of the pump but high pressure on the discharge side, the fluid vapourises at the impeller due to the low inlet pressure, but as soon as the low pressure fluid meets the discharge side it immediatley compresses into a liquid and a violent shockwave occurs causing damage to the impeller blades, again in a closed circuit system, this would have to mean a blockage. :geek:

so, a possible blockage, or incorrect impeller, or even incorrect pulley sizes causing the impeller to spin too quickly. :shutit:

oh here is another problem i forgot to ask when i installed some aftermarket

headlight bulbs into the car it is easily blown i was told that was because the wires to the bulb can't handle the power from the after market bulb i was wondering if anyone would know how to solve this problem i've wasted to much money just replacing bulbs

\

Sounds like the problem I had with mine after a service. It was air pockets in the cooling system. The coolant was flushed during the service. I returned the car and they bled the system by having the front of the car on ramps.

Problem fixed. A possible quick fix, try running the car for a while with the heater controls set to heat.

headlight bulbs into the car it is easily blown i was told that was because the wires to the bulb can't handle the power from the after market bulb i was wondering if anyone would know how to solve this problem i've wasted to much money just replacing bulbs

\

Does not make sense :blink:

Are you blowing the same brand of bulbs? Are they blowing on one side only? Have you touched the bulbs (glass section) during installation?

\

Does not make sense :blink:

Are you blowing the same brand of bulbs? Are they blowing on one side only? Have you touched the bulbs (glass section) during installation?

no i didn't touch the bulb and they blow on both sides. strangly the factory ones work fine

• 2 months later...

bring and old problem to light again..

i have got the same problem, only does the quick bubbling water sound when i first start it from cold, but today it did it the morning, and just agian about an hour ago..

sounds just like water bubles/trickling, nothing much, but it doesnt happen while ya driving the car or stood in neutral..

any updates to the cure?