Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I bought a DVD player for my RX300. It has two 6.5" screens which attach to the head rests and they connect to a 12 volt DVD player. The player slots between the Dash and the central consul thingy.

Now I know that I've got wires between the screens and the player and I know that my dvd player isn't mounted into the the dash. But the difference in price to the Lexus ICE installation is over £2000.

How can Lexus justifiy the £2200 they charge for what is a standarad upgrade feature? I can't imagine it takes that long to fit it and the basic components can't cost that much either. Maybe they use very expensive fitters.

The kit I purchased is the "Centurion Twin 6.5" Portable DVD Headrest Package" and I got mine for £170 plus deliver and the kids love it.

I am looking into the addition of ICE to my LS and after much research have got to a choice of two systems.

1. www.shop.incardvd.uk.com/acatalog/Voyager_Twin_Screen_Tablet_Mega_Bundle.html

2. New headrests with DVD screens (correct colour and design for LS) and a DVD player in the glove box. £1500

I don't really want lots of wires so both these systems seem suitable. The tablets have one wire each from the power source and one connecting wire between the units. I am waiting for a smple of the leather headrest material to confirm the colour match and will keep you all posted.

I bought the centurion pro77dvd package with multi region player and 2no 7" widescreen tvsfor £180. I then installed it all in my Jeep for the kids. I then bought 2 tv headrest mounts from centurion at a price of £18 pound a piece. cut out rear console and headrests to happily fit dvd player and tvs, hid all wires through seats and finally connected audio to my vehicles speakers. I have never attempted anything like this before and not blowing my own trumpet but believe it could not have been done any better if i paid the £450 asked by sextons for the proffesional install not including dvd &screens.

Overal total price £180 unit and tvs

£36 headreast mounts

£18 fm modulater

total £234

Apparently since i have done mine a few of my mates have attempted to do the same but are now unable to buy a suitable headrest mount as centurion have now slightly changed the design of the tv and no longer supply mounts to suit. lf anyone would like to attempt this just make sure you buy a kit with the silver screens ( mounting plate available). All newly made models will have black screens (no mounting kit available.

Before someone posts USELESS WITHOUT PICS. I wwill get some up hopefully later today.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links