Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:angry: I get a destinct feeling that the "lexus experience" is a one off first time buyers privilege, after my first lexus (RX300SE) the experience disappeared and has not returned, my next car may not be a lexus. :geek:

This is my first Lexus and we have not yet received the Lexus experience on ANY occasion that I have heard others have been graced with.

br

D

Damian, The upshot is: they want our money, once on the lexus list, your a number again, they hope that if you go elsewhere for your next deal (especialy local to them)that they will be asked to under-write your car, they offer a LOW bid, you refuse the other company, go back to them, they offer more against one of THERE cars, you stay!!. That's how it works, however if you look further a field a different lexus agent will be involved in under-writing, good chance of a better deal. :shifty:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Damian, Tony, Lexus John and Bartierrx300 (and all you other sufferers!),

I have just had a call from a gentleman called Steve from customer relations dept at LGB and we are to have a visit by the technical team at our dealership, Lexus Southampton, next Wednesday at 09.00.

I asked if they wanted to have more than one car to try to prove the problem is not peculiar to my wifes car and they politely declined! :mat: ...........I wonder why?????

Now the fact is that at 09.00 on wednesday the 20th July at Lexus Southampton if you just happened to be there with a problematical Lexus RX300 then maybe the techies would want to try other cars as well.

I do know that they have asked for other RX 300's to be available from the dealership.........why?

I am away in Holland Tuesday all day but will be there in Southampton bright eyed and ready for action on Wednesday. I probably will not get a chance to check postings on Tuesday at all so please let me know your thoughts prior to this time.

I have suggested to Steve that LGB and Belgium look at this thread........so LGB guys, if you are looking be sure to read all the mailings, there's a lot of us with the same problem. We all love the car but for this stupid and sortable problem. Let's get it all out in the open own up to the fact it does exist, sort it out and make a really good car a really GREAT car!

Whatever the outcome I will post again on Wed/Thursday to let you all know whats happening.

If you are in Southampton on Wednesday morning, I look forward to saying hello - the car is Dark blue and reg is M1ADY. If the car is not readily apparent I'll be the overweight, silver haired guy with the sad face!

Michael.

I have just had a call from a gentleman called Steve from customer relations dept at LGB and we are to have a visit by the technical team at our dealership, Lexus Southampton, next Wednesday at 09.00.

I asked if they wanted to have more than one car to try to prove the problem is not peculiar to my wifes car and they politely declined!  :mat: ...........I wonder why?????

Now the fact is that at 09.00 on wednesday the 20th July at Lexus Southampton if you just happened to be there with a problematical Lexus RX300 then maybe the techies would want to try other cars as well.

I do know that they have asked for other RX 300's to be available from the dealership.........why?

I am away in Holland Tuesday all day but will be there in Southampton bright eyed and ready for action on Wednesday. I probably will not get a chance to check postings on Tuesday at all so please let me know your thoughts prior to this time.

I have suggested to Steve that LGB and Belgium look at this thread........so LGB guys, if you are looking be sure to read all the mailings, there's a lot of us with the same problem.  We all love the car but for this stupid and sortable problem. Let's get it all out in the open own up to the fact it does exist, sort it out and make a really good car a really GREAT car!

Whatever the outcome I will post again on Wed/Thursday to let you all know whats happening.

If you are in Southampton on Wednesday morning, I look forward to saying hello -  the car is Dark blue and reg is M1ADY. If the car is not readily apparent I'll be the overweight, silver haired guy with the sad face!

Michael.

Hi Michael will try my best to be there, bit early for me in Essex but will try, car reg is 265 FBB RX300 SE Platinum Silver by the way i'll be the other guy with silver hair and overweight. Can you post Southampton Address Cheers Baz

:D

I asked if they wanted to have more than one car to try to prove the problem is not peculiar to my wifes car and they politely declined!  :mat: ...........I wonder why?????

I have suggested to Steve that LGB and Belgium look at this thread........so LGB guys, if you are looking be sure to read all the mailings, there's a lot of us with the same problem.  We all love the car but for this stupid and sortable problem. Let's get it all out in the open own up to the fact it does exist, sort it out and make a really good car a really GREAT car!

If you are in Southampton on Wednesday morning, I look forward to saying hello -  the car is Dark blue and reg is M1ADY. If the car is not readily apparent I'll be the overweight, silver haired guy with the sad face!

Michael.

Hi Michael will try my best to be there, bit early for me in Essex but will try, car reg is 265 FBB RX300 SE Platinum Silver by the way i'll be the other guy with silver hair and overweight. Can you post Southampton Address Cheers Baz

:D Got the address now, so no worries.

Hi Michael,

sorry can't be there on Wednesday, as I have a meeting elsewhere which I simply can't change now, otherwise would have been there. Look forward to hearing what they have to say on the subject.

best of luck

Here's to lurchers being transformed into smoothies.

br

D

i think this sounds more of a fault with the fly by wire throttle than a fault directly with the gearbox.

That's what it feels like on my GS. It's like it occasionally forgets to ease off the throttle when changing up (only between two gears - either 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th, can't remember), gearchange is a jolt instead of a smooth transition.

Worth resetting the ECU, perhaps?

i think this sounds more of a fault with the fly by wire throttle than a fault directly with the gearbox.

If it was the throttle rather than the gearbox ECU then it would do it as other times too. But it only does it around this speed and is a result of selecting first when it should be keeping with a higher gear selection

br

D

Hi Baz,

Lexus Southampton address is

Third Avenue

Southampton

SO15 0LD

tel 02380 707787

Best way there is via M3, M27 and off at j3 onto the M271.

At the end of the motorway take the left hand turning, exit one on the roundabout.

Stay in the left lane and WATCH THE SPEED - camera in use - You will then come alongside a flyover and see a roundabout.

At the roundabout take the third exit (signed to the Docks) and then immediately left (20 yards!) opposite the Harley Davidson dealership into Third Avenue and Lexus are about 250 yards up on the right hand side.

If you have a satnav system try to select the lexus dealership facility- it should bring you straight there.

See you (all) there on Wednesday.

Michael.

Damian, I will let you all know what happens as soon as I can.

Best regards.

Michael.

Michael

Thanks for the invitation to Lexus in Southampton I'm afraid it's a little far from Manchester.

I will be very interested in the outcome of this meeting

Tony

Good day all,

Had a good meeting yesterday with LGB and two Belgian techies.

They are certainly taking the matter seriously now.

They drove the car and agreed that there was a problem. (Honestly!!!!!)

They also had a laptop device connected to the ECU which I guess recorded some data when the lurch happened.

I also printed all the comments from all of you and left three copies with them. The good news is that I understand the customer services team at LGB are monitoring the forum as well.

I had to leave the car with them all day for further invetsigations and it was delivered back to me last night very clean and hoovered (Thanks, Lexus Southampton - saves me a job at the weekend).

Baz also joined me so that there were two cars to sample and this they did.

Like our car, his also showed the fault.

Thanks again Baz for making the long journey, good to meet you and your support much apprecviated.

I understand that he techies found the trip of use and that I will get an official response on what happens next by August 1st.

As soon as this is to hand I will post the news for you all to see.

Lexus may or may not modify the car or the ECU depending on what is found and how many other official complaints are logged by LGB through the dealer network -methinks the solution is obvious!

If they dont sort it then I will resort to rejecting the car and maybe get it changed for one of these RX400 car park creepers with the stealth mode.

:D Just a thought all you RX400 owners, is there now a case for rubber bull bars here?

Could be a whole new sport developing here, I wonder if Sky Sport would be interested in the television rights? :excl:

Best regards to all.

Michael.

Lexus may or may not modify the car or the ECU depending on what is found and how many other official complaints are logged by LGB through the dealer network -methinks the solution is obvious!

If they dont sort it then I will resort to rejecting the car and maybe get it changed for one of these RX400 car park creepers with the stealth mode.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for pushing this all through. Sorry I couldn;t be there.

If they don't sort this we'll be rejecting our car too as I find it completely unaceptable for a £35k car. This is not a problem for other auto boxes so why should it be a problem here?

br

D

Hi all

Sorry I could not get to Southampton, I do hope LGB get this problem resolved, I have had this car coming up for three weeks and think other than this dangerous irritation the vehicle is superb lets hope it can be resolved so every one is 100% happy with their Rx's.

Tony

Hi All

Just joined up today!

I have been following this Forum for a few days now & decided to give some input to the lurching problem????

I bought a 2 year old RX300 SE with Sat Nav (Latest Model) about 6 weeks ago & am delighted with my purchase! However I have noticed the "Lurching Effect" it`s just as described as above by some of you fellow members.

I bought the car in Poole Dorset & have been aware of the lurching for about 3 weeks now but could`nt put my foot on it! (Joke)

Glad to see m`ladys husband is trying to sort it with Lexus.

Will sign off now or I might get boring.

Alex

Can't belive it.

Only live in Crawley and would have loved to make a quick drive down to Southampton, but have to keep going to bl**dy Toronto all summer due work.

Was only briefly back tonight and have just read what I missed. Off again in the morning back to Toronto.

Michael, thanks alot for your relentless persual of this problem and it is re-assuring to know that Lexus are now looking at this issue with a hopeful view to sorting it out.

Shall be looking out on this thread as much as possible to see what happens.

By the way, anyone who's interested, the Lexus RX330 seems to outnumber X5's etc by at least 5 to one in my estimation in Canada - well downtown Toronto anyway.

Have seen only one rx400 on the road there though, a white one.

Toodle pip, back on Sunday so will see if anymore has developed by then

RxMike.

Hi Damian, Alex, Tony and Mike,

Thanks for your continuing support.

As you know, Baz and I had a good meeting and as soon as there is any news I'll post it straight away.

Have only just driven the car myself since it was returned to us and the Techies seem to have done something to it...my wife noticed it first when she drove it the next day. It seems to be very harsh on acceleration and a little worse if anything. So as soon as the dealer manager is back on Monday I shall ask him what they did to the car. It sounds like it has more power from the exhaust note but it is certainly not as smooth as it was before they 'looked' at the car.

I note the comment on the X5's - tell me, has anyone seen one on the road here that does not have an X5 ??? plate on it?

Best regards to all.

Michael.

Hi Damian, Alex, Tony and Mike,

Thanks for your continuing support.

As you know, Baz and I had a good meeting and as soon as there is any news I'll post it straight away.

Have only just driven the car myself since it was returned to us and the Techies seem to have done something to it...my wife noticed it first when she drove it the next day. It seems to be very harsh on acceleration and a little worse if anything. So as soon as the dealer manager is back on Monday I shall ask him what they did to the car. It sounds like it has more power from the exhaust note but it is certainly not as smooth as it was before they 'looked' at the car.

I note the comment on the X5's - tell me, has anyone seen one on the road here that does not have an X5 ??? plate on it?

Best regards to all.

Michael.

Hi Michael, sorry to hear your car is not what it should be after they had a fiddle with it, glad they never had mine for the day, hope they sort it for you and we finally get this lurching sorted, know what you mean about the X5 he he. Baz.

I had a word with my Lexus dealer on Friday (22/07/05) knowing he drives a RX300 SE-L. I explained I was very happy with my car but I have noticed for about the last 3 weeks that my car seemed to lurch forward at certain low speeds & explained the symptons as we know it! He seemed to be aware of the situation but was reluctant to say to much about the matter. I then explained about this web site & what was trying to be achieved by certain individuals working along side "m`ladys husband" & Lexus etc.

I was then assured that If & When the problem is fixed we would get the relevent upgrade.

Regards to you all

Alex

Dear Alex,

Good to see that your dealer is aware of the problem as well.

Yesterday, we sent an email to our dealership saying that whatever the techies did to the car has made it most unpleasant to drive.

My wife said it was not right the day after we got it ack and when I drove it for two and a half hours on Sunday it was truly terrible.

It is now quite agressive when driving slowly around built up areas to the point of being dangerous - one foot over the throttle and one over the brake is needed!

It seems to slide into gear slowly rather than change smoothly.

My bet is that the engine ECU has been re-mapped and possibly the gearbox pressures altered.

Yet, on the open road, it does sem to have more grunt and a different exhaust/engine note......not quite like my DB7 but still quite a good sporty feel.

I have asked for comments from the two techies as to what they did and to tell them it did us no good at all but just exacerbated the situation.

Watch this space, 1st August is soon upon us and I am assured we will have an answer by then.

Best regards to all.

Michael.

Have only just driven the car myself since it was returned to us and the Techies seem to have done something to it...my wife noticed it first when she drove it the next day. It seems to be very harsh on acceleration and a little worse if anything.

My GS seemed to "perk up" when I reset the ECU, they may have done the same.

Incidentally, it seems to have cured the sharp gearchange I was getting.

If that's what they've done you should find it'll settle down a bit once the car gets used to your driving style.

My GS seemed to "perk up" when I reset the ECU, they may have done the same.

Incidentally, it seems to have cured the sharp gearchange I was getting.

If that's what they've done you should find it'll settle down a bit once the car gets used to your driving style.

Yes, been there, done that!

The last SEL had the ECU reset no less than five times. Its a quick fix for Lexus but it does always come back as soon as the gearbox re-learns the driving styles.

The last car was changed at very little cost with LGB's help as it became so bad.

I am sure that this isas a result more of a remap to the ECU as the car really is VERY different to how it, or either of the last two, have been.

I have been back to the dealer and asked what was done but so far have not had a proper answer and am simply told, 'they say they did not change anything'.

However, we are still awaiting the final verdict from Belgium.

This is due and promised to me by Monday so will post again as promised when I have the considered opinion and verdict of the technicians.

Michael

Now that I have done a few miles in my second SE-L I find that the 'Lurching' is worse in the new car.

:offtopic: I also feel that there is more road noise with the Dunlop tyres as opposed to the Bridgestones. Anyone else notice this? :offtopic:

Hello All,

After a very frustrating 300 mile drive in the car on Tuesday, I called LGB and spoke with Steve Settles office and was promised a call back. This duly happened this morning and I am assured that as a result of our efforts Lexus Japan are now looking seriously at the issue - it seems that they now have 10 dealerships who have had customer complaints on the matter

This is the magic number to get the ball rolling.

I am told that there is a meeting on the 18th August at which time Lexus Japan will decide what and if anything is to be done about it.

There may well be no action taken as it is still called a characteristic of the vehicle. IF they decide to do something it won't happen quickly, as being a manufacturer they will have to have any modifications type approved and tested by the relevant authorities.

Frankly, we are not prepared to wait any longer and have asked for our £339k back by next Monday.

I have taken the car to the dealership this afternoon and left it with them as it is now slipping between gears rather than changing gear and is extremely vague about putting the power down - only when you need it of course, such as joining a road from a slip road or accelerating out of a roundabout!

They have lent us a Hybrid 400 and I must say it is really very nice.

Maybe I misssed the trick and should have changed the car for a hybrid.........should have asked m'lady for her opinion and then changed it.

Will post again when more news, meanwhile A BIG THANK YOU to all of you who have taken the trouble to chase up your dealers and supported the issue.

Iam told that LGB monitor this site to keep up to date with our comments.

Best regards to all,

Michael.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links