Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrade in place. Just been up tp London and back and am delighted.Dual carriageway,motorway,stop / start,speed humps - a vast improvement.Just hope nothing changes!

I have found that things started deteriorating after around 350 miles of the upgrade, as has happened with me. At the begining it looked like a vast improvement - on the surge/hesitancy front and mpg. I would be interested to know how your RX behaves after around that sort of mileage.

Tony

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I haven't been on these forums in a while as I had sold my RX for a GS and now for a BMW. To be honest I am shocked that this entire fiasco is still running Michael - it has been quite a while!!

Seeing as it is apparant that Lexus are really not paying much attention to this complaint perhaps it would be a wise idea if you re-explore an initial idea that you had. I believe at one stage you were hoping to have TopGear or WatchDog report this issue. I am not sure whether you were successful in this, however maybe it is time to use more abrasive tactics to attack Lexus.

I don't know how many of you are aware of this, but when apple intially released the iPod a number of generations had appauling batteries fitted, that would last a few months before dying, and given that apple would charge £100 or so to replace these some people made a website entitiled 'Apple/iPod dirty secret'. At the time this created a real stir and forced a formal public response from apple. Perhaps if everyone was to pool together videos of their experiences with the lurch - clearly demonstrating it, documents showing the amount of time wasted on this problem in garages, the service received by the customer with regards the issue and the dangers and accidents that have occured and send them to one person, who could put it into a stylish video. A website can then be created to this specific problem and the video uploaded along with information and facts and a register where people can sign if they have a problem -fully demonstrating the extent of the issue!! outside of this forum. Furthermore the video should be uploaded to YouTUBE and as many other public viewing sites as possible...

No doubt the press will follow this, and Lexus will be forced into a decisive move, perhaps even before the press get hold of it in a bid to protect their image....YOU HAVE A REAL OPPORTUNITY TO STRIKE BACK AT THE CLAIMS REPORTED IN JD POWER SURVEYS OF EXCELLENT SERVICE, that is ultimately what will drive this issue! When Lexus do contact the website representive or you do, it should be demanded that everyone on the list receive full buyback value for their cars...and perhaps some compensation??? Lexus will never match the offer, but the extreme public reaction and high demands may push through an acceptable deal!

Or, perhaps this is just wishful thinking!!!! ;)

Oh...and if sadly the above does not appeal...and I really hope it does, for those of you who just want shot of the car I have found a cracking BMW Dealer...really fantastic thus far, puts Lexus to shame....perhaps the new X5 will ease your pain???

Or perhaps a Jag XK is the way to go....absolutely stunning car....unbelieveably pretty!!

Hi everyone,

We have been away on a break and also on business a lot lately - hence no postings.

To be frank, we have decidied to move on and change the car for a different one.

As the car is my wifes vehicle, it is her decision to make.

I just want a nice new AM Vanquish............meanwhile, back on planet earth I must keep dreaming!

We wish you all the very best of luck with whatever happens from here on in.

I shall watch the forum to see how things develop, but after two plus years I am sure you will understand our move!

Best regards to all.

Michael.

Or perhaps a Jag XK is the way to go....absolutely stunning car....unbelieveably pretty!!

It is a pretty car but you should take a good luck at the car it emulates - the V8 Vantage Aston Martin.

Now that is a stunning looking machine and it wil hold its value a bit better.

Michael.

It is a pretty car but you should take a good luck at the car it emulates - the V8 Vantage Aston Martin.

Now that is a stunning looking machine and it wil hold its value a bit better.

The V8 Aston is also a fabulous looking car, but there is just something so understated about the XKR....far too many young yuppie bankers seem to be headed down to the Aston Martin showroom these days (No offence if you happen to be a young banker, there is a part of me that wishes I had your job...). Besides the XKR is unfathomably pretty...and the noise it makes when you press the accelerator is astonishing...It really does take your breath away. Sure it isn't as fast as the Aston, it isn't as showy as the Aston, but honestly you will not give a jot once you have seen it...and you will be signing the check as soon as you have driven it and heard the noise it makes!!

Michael, tbh, I am glad you/ your wife has decided to call it a day and move on...

Have a gander at the new X5 from BMW, it's large but it is fairly impressive...although...it does have a funny gearbox :( (Have a look and you'll see what I mean)

I hope your next car proves to be slightly better than what Lexus is handing out!!

[

The V8 Aston is also a fabulous looking car, but there is just something so understated about the XKR....far too many young yuppie bankers seem to be headed down to the Aston Martin showroom these days (No offence if you happen to be a young banker, there is a part of me that wishes I had your job...). Besides the XKR is unfathomably pretty...and the noise it makes when you press the accelerator is astonishing...It really does take your breath away. Sure it isn't as fast as the Aston, it isn't as showy as the Aston, but honestly you will not give a jot once you have seen it...and you will be signing the check as soon as you have driven it and heard the noise it makes!!

Michael, tbh, I am glad you/ your wife has decided to call it a day and move on...

Have a gander at the new X5 from BMW, it's large but it is fairly impressive...although...it does have a funny gearbox :( (Have a look and you'll see what I mean)

I hope your next car proves to be slightly better than what Lexus is handing out!!

You are of course absolutely right about the Jag.

It is also very good value when compared to the AM.

I actually had one on oredr (AMV8) but have decided that it is now, at 3000 cars a year, a high volume product which will appeal to the younger yuppie types (like my younhgest son!) and is probably not for me.

I am also concerned that in two years time there will be 9000 of them out there on the market and therefore the prices may head due south. Best to stick to the lower volume classic Am'sI think.

I have upgraded my DB7 to a full blown GT model by various very expensive factory mods and boy does she go well now!

I have decided to spend the huge sum of money that a well speced V8 costs on a three year old Vanquish just as soon as one comes on the market in the right colour and I can get approval from my wife that here is nothing else more pressing that needs the money.

I just wish I had the £185k to order one from new................my wife would proably kill me!

Good luck to all.

Michael.

I'd stop all the Jag recommendations - I would touch one with a twenty foot pole - dealers are very very arogant - cars fail and fall to bits - Jag customer services not interested in helping at all

I only had one good customer service experience and that happened because the customer service I had experienced at a different dealer was so bad it was off the scale and I shamed them into sorting me out - things like they ordered a part didn't fit it, then when I come back a week later saying you didn't fit that part you ordered - they say "Ah yes we had that part but we've sent it back now because we would have had to pay for it" to which my reply was "why did you not put it on my car then?" - no answer - muppets.

Don't do it - there is a reason why Ford are trying to flog Jag - JCB don't buy it!

This is the main reason why I tried Lexus

Upgrade in place. Just been up tp London and back and am delighted.Dual carriageway,motorway,stop / start,speed humps - a vast improvement.Just hope nothing changes!

Has anybody else had this ECU upgrade and was it successful? This subject seems to have lost interest lately.

I'd stop all the Jag recommendations - I would touch one with a twenty foot pole - dealers are very very arogant - cars fail and fall to bits - Jag customer services not interested in helping at all

I only had one good customer service experience and that happened because the customer service I had experienced at a different dealer was so bad it was off the scale and I shamed them into sorting me out - things like they ordered a part didn't fit it, then when I come back a week later saying you didn't fit that part you ordered - they say "Ah yes we had that part but we've sent it back now because we would have had to pay for it" to which my reply was "why did you not put it on my car then?" - no answer - muppets.

Don't do it - there is a reason why Ford are trying to flog Jag - JCB don't buy it!

This is the main reason why I tried Lexus

JB I am shocked!! I am sorry to hear about your troubles with Jaguar, but I have owned one for the last two years now and it has been flawless (touch wood!!). The service has been excellent and the car is impecable, I love it to bits!!! Hoping on a new XK at change time...with ***'s good graces.... :winky:

Has anybody else had this ECU upgrade and was it successful? This subject seems to have lost interest lately.

That would appear to be "job done" by Lexus then...or am I being cynical?

Most of the people who cared gave up and sold their cars... me included

Hope everyone is well

Roger

• 2 months later...

Hi owners of Lurching Lexii,

I'm joining this thread as an ex "Jerking Corolla" owner, from New Zealand.

My Corolla is a Japanese RunX (with the 180bhp motor, and 4 speed auto) so I'm not totally out of place! The transmission is a U240E fly-by-wire thingy.

I've noted similar problems to those Lurching symptoms turning up on Tacomas and Camry's ... and there appears to be a correlation between the Lurch and fly-by-wire. Is this true of the Lexus?

In my case I can feel the solenoid snatching the gear from 3rd/2nd down to 1st at around 5-10km. And it has hurt my neck on one occasion ( I wonder whether I can "do" Toyota via Health and Safety? ). The car also snatches from 4th to 3rd when going down a hill and the brake is lightly touched.

So cutting a very long story short - I've solved 90% of the "lurching" problem myself with what looks like an accutely simple fix!

Before I go into print and make an absolute ***** of myself by presenting a great solution to another problem, can someone sum up this thread for me ... Type of cars involved, general symptoms and what fixes have been successful. I'm wading through the thread but it will take me some time.

Note: I suppose the ECU will figure out how to get around my fix, and reintroduce the problem, but resetting the $#%&^ should fix that if required!