Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hot Lead To Horn?

I'm guessing they mean positive.

Have just got my hands on a Stobel Nautilus Twin Tone Air Horn...

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Horns.html

...which I want to add either in addition to, or instead of my IS300 horn, which is far too quiet and feeble sounding.

Fitting directions on the box look pretty straightforward, but do I follow the wiring diagram for hot lead to horn button or ground lead to horn button?

Not answering your question, I know, but I was wondering if this horn fits OK - the standard horns are skinny little things and this one looks a bit big to fit in the gap?

Am going to shove it around sort of behind the driver's side headlight a tad I reckon :)

Blurb says "single electrical connection" so I assume that you have a single wire and that the body provides the ground through a fixing bolt. Is this right?

Blurb says "single electrical connection" so I assume that you have a single wire and that the body provides the ground through a fixing bolt. Is this right?

Thats what i would have though...should be able to tap into the existing wire to have both sound

there are a + and - on the bottom of the horn itself, but there's also a relay in the box with 4 connections  :unsure:

Maybe that's for another model of car ?

I thought the OEM horn only has two pins on anyway ? ............ try connecting those straight to it ...........

there are a + and - on the bottom of the horn itself, but there's also a relay in the box with 4 connections  :unsure:

Maybe that's for another model of car ?

I thought the OEM horn only has two pins on anyway ? ............ try connecting those straight to it ...........

will do squire :)

my neighbours are going to love me fitting this :P

but there's also a relay in the box with 4 connections  :unsure:

You normally use a relay if the device you are powering requires more current than the circuit you are trying to power it from can provide.

If this is the case you would wire one side of the coil to ground, the other side to the OEM horn feed, then run a wire straight from the Battery to the new horn + via the 2 remaining relay contacts.

Be watching how this turns out, the IS ones are just pathetic :duh:

would be nice to move them from behind the grill, they look like hidden police lights. Think I'd try and mount a new one out the way somewhere.

I've not heard the alarm yet, that doesn't use the horn does it, hopefully its got a separate sounder

Thats the kind of set up I would imagine you would need a relay for, to carry the extra current needed for the compressor. Surprised that hasn't popped the standard fuse :huh:

Perhaps you can just wire stuff up straight onto the existing circuit

I've not heard the alarm yet, that doesn't use the horn does it, hopefully its got a separate sounder

It does use the horn ........... as well as another sound.

Both come on at the same time .......... try it.

Open all your windows ..... then lock your car, from the key fob.

Wait 30 seconds ............ then, either try and open the door by leaning in ........ or just wave your hand around ...... the microwave sensor will pick it up, and the alarm goes off ! :D

I'm guessing they mean positive.

Have just got my hands on a Stobel Nautilus Twin Tone Air Horn...

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Horns.html

...which I want to add either in addition to, or instead of my IS300 horn, which is far too quiet and feeble sounding.

Fitting directions on the box look pretty straightforward, but do I follow the wiring diagram for hot lead to horn button or ground lead to horn button?

I bought a pair of very similar "Fiamm" horns second hand off fleabay a couple of weeks ago - they have a Nautilus shaped horn.

Fitted them to Baby Shake's L-Plated Starlet so she can frighten old ladies when practising her emergency stop. :tomato:

I just wired them up using the original live wire, crimped a second wire across this for the second horn and away you go!

THEY ARE F :tsktsk: ING LOUD!

Open all your windows ..... then lock your car, from the key fob.

Wait 30 seconds ............ then, either try and open the door by leaning in ........ or just wave your hand around ...... the microwave sensor will pick it up, and the alarm goes off !  :D

Have to give that a go, maybe at work tho so as I don't look a muppet in front of the neighbours :whistling: nice to know that features like that are actually working

This might make it a bit more tricky to fit the after market horn tho :unsure: from a current draw perspective