Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Caster Angle

mikey47

hi guys anybody ever have trouble with caster angles when you have a geo done :o . Took mine to tony's and been back to the dealer, but they are coming up with geometry not covered under warrenty :tsktsk: . Going back to dealer on tuesday but just wondered if anybody has had this before. If you see this tony yep its me again.

mike

Hi mike :D ....Let explain Mike's problem: on 99% of the IS's the tyre wear is due to camber, as the camber drops to the Negative the castor lowers, during the recovery of the camber an "indirect" adjustment of the castor is achieved, when i measured Mike's car the only angle out of spec was the castor :excl: in fact the angle was to low. Now here is the problem i cannot correct the castor becouse the camber is fine, and as i said the castor has "no" direct adjuster. What was being deliberated at the time of the geometry was the "data" overlap, since the data shows three options for the IS200, two of which would "show" better positions for Mike's car, but i chose # three? From memory Mike's index is 00,01 or 02, the data overlap shows

1: IS200 1999-03

2: IS200 (GB) 1999

3: IS200 (GB) 2000-03

the castor data for 1 and 2 is 5deg 46' +- 30'

3= 6deg 7' +- 30'

so for Mike things would read better is i used # 1 or 2 but the facts are his data overlap is #3

Reason

1: IS200 1999-03 is European

2: IS200 (GB) 1999 is that year only

3: IS200 (GB) 2000-03 is Mike's

I cannot explain why his car has a castor setting near to "European" and all other settings @ UK spec, i feel the real explination is down to LEXUS.

I like the pics "were" did you find them.

I have my cources :D

I'll add them to WIM later :D ............

"Please do" :D a picture says more than words in the minds eye. What do you think about this topic on European geometry set-up position? for the IS...

"Please do" :D a picture says more than words in the minds eye. What do you think about this topic on European geometry set-up position? for the IS...

like the pics :) and tony I'll get back to you with the lexus view on this set-up

like the pics :) and tony I'll get back to you with the lexus view on this set-up

Please do..... if you have any problems with Lexus and need to phone a friend, have them phone me 01923 234666 and i will explain the problem for you :D

Please do..... if you have any problems with Lexus and need to phone a friend, have them phone me 01923 234666 and i will explain the problem for you  :D

Buy he may want to go 50/50 ........... ? Or even ask the audience ......... :D

Please do..... if you have any problems with Lexus and need to phone a friend, have them phone me 01923 234666 and i will explain the problem for you  :D

Buy he may want to go 50/50 ........... ? Or even ask the audience ......... :D

With LOC team work i think he can go for the cool million :P

they said this time the results were different from the last time they chacked and also different from your ones. All done over the phone i have seen nothing.

This "castor" issue will open a can of "worms" that many here will watch very close.as you know i "have" checked the data for the car and the "overlap" settings are correct, your castor position and wear pattern match so now there is a the "why" factor :excl: thats up to Lexus to explain, thing is Lexus are now "on the spot" WIM has detected the reason but not given an explination, Disparity between figures.....ok...? same angle....Lexus please explain :D

Tony was these the tyres you showed me today :question: Mikey, when i bought my IS i went through two sets of front tyres within 3-4k, each time i went back to the dealer who replaced the tyres...third time they made sure it was right, still on the third set now, however mine was out when i bought the car

Tony was these the tyres you showed me today :question: Mikey, when i bought my IS i went through two sets of front tyres within 3-4k, each time i went back to the dealer who replaced the tyres...third time they made sure it was right, still on the third set now, however mine was out when i bought the car

No, that "horror" you saw today was another members tyre (no names) since the car and the problem is personal, i'm sure you understand why.

:driving: got my car back today still no solid explanation about caster differences or read outs as machine was not calibrated today as was expected.

did you get a phone call today tony, maybe you can enlighten me :question: .

:driving:  got my car back today still no solid explanation about caster differences or read outs as machine was not calibrated today as was expected.

did you get a phone call today tony, maybe you can enlighten me  :question:  .

No i didn't, "surprised" "NO".. when it goes back you "Must" get a printout, with that a can carry you along way :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links