Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheels and corrosion

Rob

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are showing signs of corrosion. I've taken the car to Octogon Bracknell and they said they'd contact Lexus GB and get back to me.

Still waiting for an answer but I'm not confident they'll change them under warrenty. :(

I've just called Lexus Glasgow to enquire about my replacement which was first requested on 10th July. They've told me there is still a waiting list for replacement. This is not very good, I've already waited 4 weeks and the back two wheels in particular are now so bad.

Come on Lexus - live up to your JD Power rating and get more of these wheels into the UK - so many IS200's with bad wheels will not do much for your reputation. :(

I had mine replaced under warranty a couple of months ago, and the dealer didn't question it, I also didn't have to wait long for the wheels to arrive. They now refurbish the wheels rather than fitting brand new one's (which I had) but this actually gives a better finish as its painted on both sides. This might be the reason for the delay.

Hmm 3 years! Nice.

Ok, next Q - has anyone had wheels refurbished / replaced that also have curb damage aswell as corrosion?

I might be pushing my luck a bit here - the wheels have corrosion on the back, but the previous owner obviousley didnt know the difference between curb stones and T- Junctions!!!

Thanks Rob, I'll ask the dealer (without mentioning the damage - see if I can get a verbal contract :) ). Trouble is I only seem to have small amounts of corrosion on each wheel but severe damage!

And they say "One lady owner from new" gives a car more value!!!!

Sorry any girlies out there!!! :P

1 of mine had been kerbed, I had no arguement from Lexus. My wheels were not too bad when I mentioned them to my Dealer and initially they wanted to wait until next year to replace so they would be a lot worse. The Dealer said the Warrenty Compant were not happy??!! I made a fuss!! and quoted the first few lines of the Warrenty Document and the "Lexus experience mission Statement " to Lexus Customer Services who then asked the Dealer to replace which they did. When teh replacements were supplied I was unhappy with the finish of 1 wheel which in fairness Lexus then replaced again.

A colleague of mine had all 5 wheels replaced on his 2.5 year old, 50K+ IS under warranty - no problem.

All his wheels had some kerb damage too (I don't what state the spare was in, but it got changed)

His new ones have the new "all over" finish and look good.

Originally posted by Andy.thomas

And they say "One lady owner from new" gives a car more value!!!!

Sorry any girlies out there!!! :P

Hmmm, I would be offended had my wheels not been kerbed too (obviously when my husband had been driving - ahem!).

Could this be the reason the garage isn't too keen on replacing them :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I just took my car down to my local dealer, for them to look at two things. Firstly my wheels, i took them off the other day and they were badly corroded! The woman there took one look at the car (hardly even a look) and said "I can order you some new ones but i don't advise. If i send these back with damage Lexus UK will just charge you direct for the replacements. It's up to you but i would get them refurbished"

My argument was that no way was the rim damage remotely significant compared to the corrosion, she said "you're choice".

Just wondered if this was the case, do Lexus UK - really not give their dealership the power to decide whether work is classed as warranty or not?!?!? Are they that untrusting?! Or is it the paperwork is too much hassle, and the dealership makes little or no money from it?

Secondly, one of the plastic trims on the underbody (like stone kick plates) of my car broke today under what i would say was wind resistence pressure. (driving at 80/5 mph and it snapped). They refused to replace this under warranty as the 17 yr old looking mechanic was adament he had to remove part of a dead animal.

I asked him to show me where abouts on the front of the car this animal left the rest of itself (being the lowest point) to which he shrugged and walked off for the argument to be settled with a receptionist! I decided a £25 part wasn't worth the hassle, so paid up.

Someone may remember me saying how happy I was with my local dealer b4, but OOOOOoooooh NOOOOOOO! :flaming:

Anyway, is it just me being the annoying arrogant customer we all hate, is it Lexus UK being tight on warranty work - or my dealer after more of my money?????

That is not an excuse!

As a Londoner who parks his car on the street, you can imagine the state of my 2.5 year old alloys!

They were however replaced under warranty due to corrosion. It might be that the dealership does not want to go through the hassle, as far as money is concerned, they would be paid by Lexus GB for the labour charged to get the wheels changed, it might not be immediate though.

I would ask to speak to the service manager and see what he has to say.

If no joy, then contact Lexus GB customer services.

A work colleague with a V plate, 50k+ IS200 just had all his wheels (inc spare) replaced under warranty for corrosion and his originals were well scratched/kerbed.

I've done nearly 60K when I had mine replaced.

Funny how you can be really happy with a dealer and then a incident like this happens. I've been singing the praises of my dealer, then I had the 60K service last week and I wasn't happy at all with the service I recieved (other than them lending me a IS300!).

Your old wheels go back to Lexus GB anyway for refurbishment so being scratched shouldn't be a problem.Obviously if there are big chunks missing out of them then that is a different ball game

Wheres the problem ?

Thanks all for the info, I wasn't going to post the dealers name but ahh well, since it was asked - Southampton. I won't right a review as I have never had a problem in the past, however my last was a company car, so everything was done really well, i never really got involved with the "hassle" side.

They kinda caught me on a bad day, stuck in traffic hours, bad meeting, then bits of me car falling off. Having two warranty claims in 5 mins rejected was the final straw!

:(

Has anyone used Lexus Guildford at all? My next nearest one so i may give them a go.

Thanks again

A

Originally posted by Andy.thomas

Thanks all for the info, I wasn't going to post the dealers name but ahh well, since it was asked - Southampton. I won't right a review as I have never had a problem in the past, however my last was a company car, so everything was done really well, i never really got involved with the "hassle" side.

They kinda caught me on a bad day, stuck in traffic hours, bad meeting, then bits of me car falling off. Having two warranty claims in 5 mins rejected was the final straw!

:(

...it never rains but it pours! Stick with it though and let us know how you get on.

Southampton have been ok for me, but they have just changed ownership (now part of Snows) so maybe this is a sign of things to come :rolleyes:

Has anyone used Lexus Guildford at all?

my car came from there but their couldn't give a $@#% attitude LED me to Southampton.

Originally posted by rob200

Southampton have been ok for me, but they have just changed ownership (now part of Snows) so maybe this is a sign of things to come :rolleyes:

Rob have you had any warranty work done with Southampton yet? As I said before, they have always been good to me in the past :sniff:

As for Snows hmmmm, I heard this in that news letter they send round, great no we're affiliated with Hampshire's biggest BMW dealer! :flaming: