Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Owners Club

LowRed

Just been browsing through the lexus owners club at all the cars, big respect to everyone for there choice of manufacturer. But why is everyone doing the same things :question: Does anybody think of there own ideas like me :question: it seems to me that there isn't much custom modding, just bolt everything on.

We are no doubt all proud owners of our cars but we should make them individual, not another modded lexus, but something unique!!! Does anybody outhere agree :question::question::question:

I would value it if people out there can prove me wrong!!!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been browsing through the lexus owners club at all the cars, big respect to everyone for there choice of manufacturer. But why is everyone doing the same things :question:  Does anybody think of there own ideas like me :question: it seems to me that there isn't much custom modding, just bolt everything on.

We are no doubt all proud owners of our cars but we should make them individual, not another modded lexus, but something unique!!! Does anybody outhere agree :question:  :question:  :question:

I would value it if people out there can prove me wrong!!!

Let the members see some pics of your mods and see if you can persuade them to go the same way.

A picture paints a thousand words.

Have a look at this - one of Anees own "custom modding" projects. There are alot more individual projects on here also :winky:

very nice but i'm thinking on the lines of custom bodywork, when i get my pictures on here you will know what i mean, my lexus has evolved a lot since she was created!!!

very nice but i'm thinking on the lines of custom bodywork, when i get my pictures on here you will know what i mean, my lexus has evolved a lot since she was created!!!

Have you done any engine mods to your car, or are they just cosmetic :question:

Have you done any engine mods to your car, or are they just cosmetic :question:

only engine mods i've done is a trust panel filter, zex cat back exhaust system, positive charge system, I can't be bothered with performance, too many rozzers and gatsos to speed so i went for the cosmetic side, i'm proud to say i don't think anyone will have a lexus like mine, its a unique one off. air suspension limits the power anyway, but it looks stylish as :tsktsk: when dropped sits 1cm of the ground!!! it is the lexus lowrider, do you by the way if i can change my user name??? Thanx

I think it's all up to the individual and their particular taste.

As far as modding is concerned many of the members (including myself) are fairly new to it all and are following tried and tested mods before deciding to venture on to new and unique projects.

With regard to your comment about custom bodywork, this one for me is a big no-no. I love the low sleek gangsta look of my ride with her deep black shine and anything bolted on in addition (like Evo-sized spoilers) or graphics would ruin the effect.

The whole reason I purchased the car was because of its looks, why would i want to change that??

Huge meccano spoilers and ridiculous bodykits are of no use nor implement and serve nothing but to add weight to the car and slow the thing down with the rather impressive wind resistance that they create. Just my opinion :winky:

What about MAZ  :o  his car has lots done to it  :D

yes fair enough but that was done as a 18 month project! But the body styling i ain't keen on they've used bathroom sealer to stick on the wheel arches and when the headlights were taken apart to be painted white they made a mess with silicon sealer everywhere and they let in condensation, I seen the car at HIN in London fair play top job on the engine transplant but the bodystyling should have been better!!!

I think it's all up to the individual and their particular taste.

As far as modding is concerned many of the members (including myself) are fairly new to it all and are following tried and tested mods before deciding to venture on to new and unique projects.

With regard to your comment about custom bodywork, this one for me is a big no-no. I love the low sleek gangsta look of my ride with her deep black shine and anything bolted on in addition (like Evo-sized spoilers) or graphics would ruin the effect.

i agree with that. i too went for the low gangsta look, hence the chrome 18s and air suspension, mine could possibly be the lowest lexus ever as it sits when fully dropped at 1cm off the ground, i have tried to keep it all subtle, blending in all the mouldings, smoothing over the bodywork and no graphics (too corny for a lexus) i confess i have a "mechano" spoiler on route from japan colour coded with chrome ends and legs but again as subtle as possible, i hope you will all agree when my pics get on, but each to there own!!! :D

From my point-of-view I like my car as it is. It's the closest I'm getting to a sensible family car!

I think with the Lexus brand, as is evident here, you have a wide variety of people, different ages etc who have spent a lot on their cars to begin with, so not everyone wants to go the modding route. A lot of people use their cars for business too, so it's not always the best way of creating the right impression!

You get more people modding the Fords, Citroens & Vauxhalls for example, because they tend to be younger people who spend less on the initial outlay of a car, and who want to stand out from the crowd. With Lexus, they tend to stand out well anyway - and if people are going to mod, it tends to be under the bonnet as some of the models can feel a bit under-powered.

yes fair enough but that was done as a 18 month project! But the body styling i ain't keen on they've used bathroom sealer to stick on the wheel arches and when the headlights were taken apart to be painted white they made a mess with silicon sealer everywhere and they let in condensation, I seen the car at HIN in London fair play top job on the engine transplant but the bodystyling should have been better!!!

errr what wheel arches does Maz have???? and pretty sure they are the JDM lights in which case they have never been opened

The whole reason I purchased the car was because of its looks, why would i want to change that??

Huge meccano spoilers and ridiculous bodykits are of no use nor implement and serve nothing but to add weight to the car and slow the thing down with the rather impressive wind resistance that they create. Just my opinion :winky:

i value your opinion but i like the idea that if we all met up we could park up next to each other and not all be alike, the american motor trade makes 80% of there profits on the modding side of things, in my opinion the car you start with is a blank canvas that needs modifying!!! :D

errr what wheel arches does Maz have???? and pretty sure they are the JDM lights in which case they have never been opened

Never said he had wheel arch mods :hehe: but Maz's car is done inside + out (bonet) :D

maz was in fast car or max power the other month, and he has extended arches fitted. when i saw the car at HIN in London i touched the sealer and it rubbery and slightly yellow :blush::blush: the lights may be JDM but from experience they have been taken apart you can see the silicon on the top of the lights with the bonnet open, and there was clearly condensation built up in the lights :blush::blush: just pointing out my observations!!!

PUBLIC APOLOGY to everyone just seen the pictures that wasn't the car i seen at HIN the car I seen was a white IS badly done, mazs car is very nice, I :tsktsk: up then my bad!!! :D :D :D

I think you need to know what you are talking about before you start to :question: about cars like Mazs,

you say you have put 9K into your IS but from the Mods you have told us you have where has the 9K gone to!!

WE NEED Pic,s OF YOUR IS

PUBLIC APOLOGY to everyone just seen the pictures that wasn't the car i seen at HIN the car I seen was a white IS badly done, mazs car is very nice, I  :tsktsk: up then my bad!!! :D  :D  :D

I think he has seen matt car at HIN :question: has he was on about the white lights :hehe: and engine :D

personally nthe only bodywork modding i have done (and the only thing i will ever do) is change the front bumper to a TTE one,, nice sublte change....

too much and you end up like the rest of em in max power, so perhaps your modded lex aint as unique as you would like to think.

as for everyone having the same mods,, im of the opinion that there are only so many things you can do that no-one else has done.

I try to be as unique as i can with my modding, some things that i have done that are unique or the first to be done .

custom fabricated housing for my PC touchscreen and headunt

complete.jpg

with custom boot PC install in the tool tray cavity.

Base-and-Lid-in-Situ.jpg

base-in-situ.jpg

Custom full leather retrim with embroidered logos

gallery_2234_119_252409.jpg

The first in the UK to completely change the horrible orange bulbs to FULL leds..

db_overview1.jpg

Now lets see what your all about,, get some pics up or shut up.. :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links