Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trying To Fit A New Head Unit

Hi guy's

I know you've had loads of peoplr asking the same question, but i've read so many threads now about the subject that my head is spinning! :crybaby: All i'm trying to do is wire a Alpine head unit in to me is 200 se. I know that the car has a seperate amp. All i want to know is the easyest way to fit it! Is there a simple lead that i can buy to make it work or have i gotta by-pass the amp? What i know about car audio systems you can wright on the back of a stamp!if i have to by-pass the amp, where is it located? Could i just cut the speaker wire's going to rthe amp and put them to my head unit???

PLEASE HELP.........! :duh:

Is there a simple lead that i can buy to make it work or have i gotta by-pass the amp?

Some companies to plug and play wiring adapters, I'm selling the fascia adapter

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

from a company that also do wiring adapters :

http://www.metraonline.com/

Hope that helps.

hmm........ you need to bypass the amp!

I would take it to sextons as they know how to do it. It would be costly but as your knowlege about car audio is 1/2 as much as I know then I wouldn't risk it. Sextons should know what they are doing too.

The amp is behind the glove box on the lefthand side & it is a right **** to get out :sick: you need to take the glove box out but take your stuff out first :o then remove the kick plate by undoing the plastic nut nr the fuse box thn undo the 2 10mm bolts from the cradle (good luck) its very tight :crying: