Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is300 Has Been Hit - Looks Like A Write-off

whats regarding insurance if someone from behind hits you and that MAKES you go into someone else

is it ur fault or person behind

It's your fault ......... as you should have left enough space between your car and the car in front of you ........... I know ........ It's a bummer ! :blink:

ok say u have left the right space (so u can see the back tyres of the car)

a car hits you at 60mph its well going to move you into the car in front

thats the situation Im in

im going to argue that the car behind me pushed me into the car in front :angry:

this means that I shouldnt be at fault but who knows what the other parties will say.......

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats regarding insurance if someone from behind hits you and that MAKES you go into someone else

It's your fault ......... as you should have left enough space between your car and the car in front of you ........... I know ........ It's a bummer ! :blink:

if you were hit with a 60mph impact from behind, i think insurance would be the least of your worries. The damage doesn't look severe enough to write off a 19k motor though.

if you were hit with a 60mph impact from behind, i think insurance would be the least of your worries. The damage doesn't look severe enough to write off a 19k motor though.

Yeah I doubt the car behind was actually doing 60 at point of impact he would have had his foot on the anchors and I reckon it would have hit me at about 30 to 40. If it was 60 it would have set off the airbags and the whole rear end would have been crushed in. Not good.............

Yeah I doubt the car behind was actually doing 60 at point of impact he would have had his foot on the anchors and I reckon it would have hit me at about 30 to 40. If it was 60 it would have set off the airbags and the whole rear end would have been crushed in. Not good.............

I was rear ended in my Mercedes E320 looked just like yours (looked like he swerved at the last second to avoid you with simalar damage. It cost £8,000 to fix and I ran the car for another 2 years without any problem. It took me longer to recover though...

ive seen is's with heavier rear damage than that repaired

apparently its down to how damaged the trunk area is.........

I supplied parts to a repair centre recently for a 'X' plate IS

and that had a complete new rear and including complete boot floor, boot lid, quarter panel etc.

Glad you're ok anyway

Feel for you mate. Glad your ok though. Id be well peaved off about it though!! If you're going to get a lower than expected amount for you're car then there is always the old wip lash claim!

Hope you get it sorted one way or another.

what a bummer, glad you're ok tho mate. its getting a bit depressing seeing all these damaged lex's, must be something in the air at the moment!

Glad to hear you are OK!

May I ask what kind of Jag it was?

V Reg S-Type

sorry to hear about the accident  :o  but good to know your ok tho, apart from the neck pains, lower back pain, sleepless nights, ect..etc.. :whistling:

Hope the insurance will sort it out for ya..

tell me about it - no sleep last night but my back wasnt too bad......

Sorry to hear about your smash - many years ago I was prosecuted for "Driving without due care and attention" in similar circumstances - for leaving insufficient room between me and the car in front which I hit. The driver who shunted me was also prosecuted.

On my way back from B'ham airport towards Nottingham I saw a silver Seat (Ibiza or Leon) being loaded on a truck. Just past the Ashby turnoff heading North. Was this the one?

I had a really similar crash earlier this year, wasn't quite as hard, prob around 30mph, and mine was repaired. Boot floor was all deformed, wings buckled, very similar to yours, but less severe. The bodyshop said it would only be written off if the damage goes beyond the front of the boot

Really feel for you tho cos I know what you're going through, bet you're neck must be really sore :crybaby:

Btw, I hit the car in front as well, but my insurance company said all blame lies on the driver who caused the whole accident - however, it still hasn't been resolved :unsure:

Sorry to hear about your smash - many years ago I was prosecuted for "Driving without due care and attention" in similar circumstances - for leaving insufficient room between me and the car in front which I hit. The driver who shunted me was also prosecuted.

On my way back from B'ham airport towards Nottingham I saw a silver Seat (Ibiza or Leon) being loaded on a truck. Just past the Ashby turnoff heading North. Was this the one?

was a different accident. The Seat involved in our accident was at the front and just drove off

I had a really similar crash earlier this year, wasn't quite as hard, prob around 30mph, and mine was repaired. Boot floor was all deformed, wings buckled, very similar to yours, but less severe. The bodyshop said it would only be written off if the damage goes beyond the front of the boot

Really feel for you tho cos I know what you're going through, bet you're neck must be really sore  :crybaby:

Btw, I hit the car in front as well, but my insurance company said all blame lies on the driver who caused the whole accident - however, it still hasn't been resolved  :unsure:

I think the damage goes right back to the back of the boot. Also just saw some damage to the driver's side roof pillar where the bike rack was - there was a kink in the A-pillar. Also the rear passenger side door is not closing properly.......anyhow they reckon the car will be in the repair shop for a month if its not a write-off. Im getting a Lexus IS200 Navigator to use as a courtesy car in the meantime.

My brother works in insurance and has told me the car in front will typically claim off of your insurance, and you claim off the car that hit you. You should be able to claim everything back from the one that hit you I would imagine.

Guys I think we should declare June:

NATIONAL LEXUS INJURY MONTH

Drive carefully people- there are loads of wowwypops out there!

Too right!!!

One the way home today I was on the Oldham Way dual carrage and went past some trees -something fell out of the trees and hit my car quite hard just missing the wind screen! :angry: I thought I'd dented it or something but at the moment can't see anything thankfully!

Also this week I have people pull out in front on me from side roads and on roundabouts 3 times! :tsktsk: Its not as if I'm invisible is it? Just not paying attention!

Hope your car gets sorted mate - even with it wrecked it looks damn clean!! :D

Well here is the estimate for repairs so far (subject to stripping) for approval by the insurers........

Labour Spraying £3,900

Paint & Material £560.00

Sundries inc EPA (whatever that is) £22.00

Wax £14.00

Recovery £95.00

Rear Screen Spec Charge £70.00

Air Con Spec Charge £85.00

Plus new parts:

1 Bonnet Panel

1 set of bonnet stickers

1 front bumper (sport)

1 set of bumper grilles and badge

1 O/S Front Head Light Panel

1 N/S Front Head Light Panel

1 O/S Front head Light

1 N/S Front head Light

1 Landing Panel

1 Landing Panel Sticker

1 set of radiators

1 O/S Front Wing

1 Front air box case

1 N/S Rear light panel

1 N/S Rear light

1 O/S Rear light

1 Rear Bumper and Spoiler

1 Rear Bumper and Backing

1 Boot Panel Lid

1 Back Panel

Back Panel trims and Clips

2 Rear Chassis end Caps

1 N/S Rear Q Panel

1 N/S Rear Q Panel Sticker

1 O/S Rear Q Panel sticker

1 Rear Boot Cross Chassis Member

1 Boot floor under tray

1 N/S Rear Gusset Panel

1 N/S Rear Lower Air Vent

1 N/S Rear Outer Chassis member

1 Set of N/S rear side chassis panel

1 Locking wheel nut case

1 Tool Tray Cover

1 Rear exhaust Box

Other parts subject to stripping

so what do you think, repair or write-off??? :crybaby:

Well here is the estimate for repairs so far (subject to stripping) for approval by the insurers........

Labour Spraying £3,900

Paint & Material £560.00

Sundries inc EPA (whatever that is) £22.00

Wax £14.00

Recovery £95.00

Rear Screen Spec Charge £70.00

Air Con Spec Charge £85.00

Plus new parts:

1 Bonnet Panel

1 set of bonnet stickers

1 front bumper (sport)

1 set of bumper grilles and badge

1 O/S Front Head Light Panel

1 N/S Front Head Light Panel

1 O/S Front head Light

1 N/S Front head Light

1 Landing Panel

1 Landing Panel Sticker

1 set of radiators

1 O/S Front Wing

1 Front air box case

1 N/S Rear light panel

1 N/S Rear light

1 O/S Rear light

1 Rear Bumper and Spoiler

1 Rear Bumper and Backing

1 Boot Panel Lid

1 Back Panel

Back Panel trims and Clips

2 Rear Chassis end Caps

1 N/S Rear Q Panel

1 N/S Rear Q Panel Sticker

1 O/S Rear Q Panel sticker

1 Rear Boot Cross Chassis Member

1 Boot floor under tray

1 N/S Rear Gusset Panel

1 N/S Rear Lower Air Vent

1 N/S Rear Outer Chassis member

1 Set of N/S rear side chassis panel

1 Locking wheel nut case

1 Tool Tray Cover

1 Rear exhaust Box

Other parts subject to stripping

so what do you think, repair or write-off???  :crybaby:

If they do choose to fix your car as apposed to righting it off, wont the car then be listed as a CAT D, and therefore reduce the future resale value???? :unsure:

please correct me if im wrong :)

Category D - Repairable. Probably non-structural damage. May have been economic to repair, but insurer doesn't want to.

this means if it is repaired then the IS300 will be fixed. Category D is where it will be written off by the insurer because they didnt feel it was economic to repair rather than replace the car..............

heres the categories:

Category A - Must be crushed. All of it.

Category B - Vehicle may not be returned to road. Parts may be sold.

Category C - Repairable. Possibly structural damage. Cost of damage (at dealer prices and labour rates) is more than book value of vehicle.

Category D - Repairable. Probably non-structural damage. May have been economic to repair, but insurer doesn't want to.

Category X - Repairable. Minor Danage.

This might help:

CAT ‘A’

A written-off vehicle that must be totally destroyed, including all of its parts.

CAT ‘B’

A written-off vehicle from which the spare parts may be re-sold, but from which the body-shell should be destroyed so that the vehicle cannot be returned to the road.

CAT ‘C’

A vehicle that is written-off by the insurers because the repair costs are greater than the value of the vehicle itself, but which can nonetheless still be potentially repaired to a roadworthy condition.

CAT ‘D’

A vehicle that has been written-off by the insurers, for various possible reasons, even though its physical repair costs are less than the vehicle’s actual value.

CAT ‘X’

A vehicle that is “not recorded” as being damaged on the HPI register, or which has very minimal damage only. Generally speaking, these vehicles are “stolen-recovered” cases.

Cheers,

Sandeep

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links