Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Exhaust Manifold

TheDon

Ok well after i spoke to Janspeed about their Supercharger conversion they said that they will be prepared to offer people on LOC two options if they want:-

Option 1.

To remove precats and fit Race precats or straight pipework and also improve the flow around the top of the manifold where the 3 pipes meet the single pipe as aparently its very restricive. they will give you a price and also this is the kit they used when dyno testing their car and had very good results.

Option 2.

Also they have said that they will make a batch of full manifolds for us if we want, out of stainless steel for less than £500 each if we get at least 4-5 people.

They love the IS200 and and the MD even owns a supercharged IS200.

Just thought i would post this up as i found them to be realy helpful, also they have invited anyone who wants to visit the factory to come down and also if you want the manifold work done then they will let you test drive the MD's car to see if you approve.

cant say fairer than that realy?

BTW this is not an advertisement, its just useful information i think?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to wee on anyones fireworks but I contacted Janspeed a year ago about making up some performance manfolds (along with magnex et al) none were interested unless I would order 100 or more.

This is why I ended up with my present company who were willing to take a gamble.

Take from that what you will.

PS.............got a few proper jobbie manifolds left :winky:

Janspeed

Janspeed Performance Exhaust Systems Ltd.

Castle Works

Castle Road

Salisbury

Wiltshire

SP1 3RX

Tel: +44 (0)1722 321833 Fax: +44 (0)1722 412308

E-Mail: Info@Janspeed.com

personaly i thought they were realy nice people and i found them to be realy open about all the stuff they learnt about their instalation.

Like i said in another post their work was all commisioned by Lexus GB, so it seems the Lexus trust em too

I don't mean to wee on anyones fireworks but I contacted Janspeed a year ago about making up some performance manfolds (along with magnex et al) none were interested unless I would order 100 or more.

This is why I ended up with my present company who were willing to take a gamble.

PS.............got a few proper jobbie manifolds left  :winky:

they seemed fine today tho, perhaps it was a bad time of year for them???

either way their offer still stands, altho i did not tell them i was going to post it on here, so dont blame them.

just thought everyone would like to know and have the choice of suppliers etc.

PS.............got a few proper jobbie manifolds left  :winky:

they seemed fine today tho, perhaps it was a bad time of year for them???

either way their offer still stands, altho i did not tell them i was going to post it on here, so dont blame them.

just thought everyone would like to know and have the choice of suppliers etc.

Chris

if lexus gb will not sanction the conversion by Toyota Team Europe how can they sanction what is effectively the same by outsiders (respected i will add having had two full conversions done by them in the past)

I'm sorry but I cant see it.

Janspeed dont have bad days they are a wicked company. There is NO way they will put any resources into making a new manifold for the IS for 4/5 people the costs involved for the potential income do not add up.

I had to commision 10 even to get past the front door of a much smaller company.

I presume the have already done the R&D and have the pattern Dave if the MD has one on his car?

Colin,

I'll put my house on the MD having a better car than an IS as his car.

Know the company well.

Met Jan Oder a few times & his son (before he died racing) smell some heffers dust

dave with all respect, i was stood talking to the guys at sanspeed today - at goodwood. i am reporting back what i was told by them.

no more no less, i realy dont want to get into an arguement over this as you apear to be going that way.

why would lexus give them a IS200 to work on then? they wanted to see if they could reduce the engine temps in the bay.

the options above are what they offered, no more no less. cant say fairer realy. this is the last i will comment on it as i realy dont want to get drawn into politics

I presume the have already done the R&D and have the pattern Dave if the MD has one on his car?

the work they did was on the sports cat replacement on the manifold and not a new manifold.

dave if you want to slander me then fine, go ahead. but it does not reflect well i feel. - i should imagine he has several cars and again am repeating what i am told by his employees.

i have the card of "Kathryn Brown" who will arange my visit there to see them. if they still turn round and say no to a full manifold then fine. but they seem very accomdating in my opinion. so if anyone wants to pop down when i arrange a time i will gladly forward your names and details on

in fact it was reported that toyota GB supposedly sanctioned the janspeed supercharger

strange !

the janspeed supercharger is no less than the TTE supercharger  ;)

yes but it is the janspeed exhaust conversion i think they were intersted in, again call 01722 342 084 if anyone has any further questions about this as they will gladly talk about it. or pop to goodwood this weekend and look for a tall guy with blonde hair and blue shirt on the janspeed stand as he was involved in the project.

Wish i was better with names!!!!

dave with all respect, i was stood talking to the guys at sanspeed today - at goodwood. i am reporting back what i was told by them.

no more no less, i realy dont want to get into an arguement over this as you apear to be going that way.

why would lexus give them a IS200 to work on then? they wanted to see if they could reduce the engine temps in the bay.

the options above are what they offered, no more no less. cant say fairer realy. this is the last i will comment on it as i realy dont want to get drawn into politics

chris,

I speak to the people at lexus almost daily..................

there are 50 boxed sets of TTE superchargers that lexus GB will not allow to be fitted to the IS200 (for aesthetic/warranty reasons) why would they (with the model now obsolete) spend more money on a dead project.

Don't want to cause an argument but whoever you spoke to was not a decsion maker and there is no way LOCers will get a janspeed manifold for 5 peeps for £500

the work they did was on the sports cat replacement on the manifold and not a new manifold.

dave if you want to slander me then fine, go ahead. but it does not reflect well i feel. - i should imagine he has several cars and again am repeating what i am told by his employees.

i have the card of "Kathryn Brown" who will arange my visit there to see them. if they still turn round and say no to a full manifold then fine. but they seem very accomdating in my opinion. so if anyone wants to pop down when i arrange a time i will gladly forward your names and details on

will you forward my name please, i can then have a go in the MDs car and see whats its like (to mine) :D

will you forward my name please, i can then have a go in the MDs car and see whats its like (to mine) :D

will do, i realy wanna have a go too, as they said its made it realy smooth as the restriction is quite servere.

will be at least a week before i hear of anything tho but will send an email tonight.

I'm not slandering you. I would never do so.

You should consider possibly having a think before putting stuff up here.

I'm "lucky" in that I know a lot of background which seems to contradict what you say was said.

chris,

I speak to the people at lexus almost daily..................

there are 50 boxed sets of TTE superchargers that lexus GB will not allow to be fitted to the IS200 (for aesthetic/warranty reasons) why would they (with the model now obsolete) spend more money on a dead project.

Don't want to cause an argument but whoever you spoke to was not a decsion maker and there is no way LOCers will get a janspeed manifold for 5 peeps for £500

again i cannot comment on why - but i am sure that if i had several sets of items each worth several thousand pounds and throwing few more pennies at it to make them go away would pay off - then i would do it.

also as i have learnt from the construction industry, companies tell me what i need to hear - no more no less.

i refuse to comment any further, on this. option 1 is an option they are willing to offer - option 2 is on offer subject to approval.

I'm not slandering you. I would never do so.

You should consider possibly having a think before putting stuff up here.

I'm "lucky" in that I know a lot of background which seems to contradict what you say was said.

then let janspeed prove you wrong. cant say fairer - dont shoot the messenger

again i cannot comment on why - but i am sure that if i had several sets of items each worth several thousand pounds and throwing  few more pennies at it to make them go away would pay off - then i would do it.

Chris,

the s/c comversion did not/does not fit in with the L Finesse marketing ploy empoyed by Lexus.

Toyota also are moving away from go faster goodies as its not in place with the "corporate" image

not realy, the issue of the work carried out by them for Lexus GB does not affect the precat removal or the possiblity of the manifold.

If lexus do not go ahead with sanctioning it then fine, but i have it already so it doesnt affect me - but having a new manifold etc does affect meand others who need these conversions done.

Wasn't aware that he was the MD but if his name is Mark then he does have an IS200 and it pushes out 225bhp.

I for one would be most interested.

Mark