Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Exhaust Manifold

TheDon

the name mark did pop into the conversation, but that does sound about right.

when i get an email back from them i will keep you updated

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys...

I have just purchased an 2 year old IS200 sport with a Janspeed supercharged engine from a Lexus main dealer in Reading...

I found the performance staggering but the handling was quite twichy and somewhat frightening....this vehicle was totally sanctioned by lexus and came with a full lexus service history...

Your all going to hate me for this but i took it to Janspeed in Salisbury and had them remove the exhaust manifest and blow pipe as it looked a little ridiculous but it still has 175 BHP to the back wheels with a total of 200 BHP complete..

removing the exhaust apparently reduced the power by 25 % but it had to be done as the car felt very nervous indeed.

The MD of Janspeed is the only other Guy whom has one of these and I have seen it....awesome...

If anyone wants to buy it in a few years time let me know....it looks fab in met black, 18 inch alloys and full sports styling kit.....

will try n post a few pics in the gallery in the near future....cheers

Hi Guys...

I have just purchased an 2 year old IS200 sport with a Janspeed supercharged engine from a Lexus main dealer in Reading...

I found the performance staggering but the handling was quite twichy and somewhat frightening....this vehicle was totally sanctioned by lexus and came with a full lexus service history...

Your all going to hate me for this but i took it to Janspeed in Salisbury and had them remove the exhaust manifest and blow pipe as it looked a little ridiculous but it still has 175 BHP to the back wheels with a total of 200 BHP complete..

removing the exhaust apparently reduced the power by 25 % but it had to be done as the car felt very nervous indeed.

The MD of Janspeed is the only other Guy whom has one of these and I have seen it....awesome...

If anyone wants to buy it in a few years time let me know....it looks fab in met black, 18 inch alloys and full sports styling kit.....

Good buy there, but if the car was twitchy surely this would indicate that suspension upgrades were required?

Did the car come with uprated ARB's, strut or chassis braces or springs & dampeners?

Hi Guys...

#

nice one mate :winky:

But we are still waiting!! as someone said they can get this and get that done for so much..................... ;) when most off us know its "Bull" :whistling:

But as you can see all the guys on here who have supercharger are still waiting ;)

no i know janspeed have developed the manifold

but as there was no interest off here, due to the fact everyone was telling Chris he was full of sh*t.

I take it none of you saw the magazine reviiew of the said IS200.

if they have developed it why is it not for sale ?

no i know janspeed have developed the manifold

but as there was no interest off here, due to the fact everyone was telling Chris he was full of sh*t.

I take it none of you saw the magazine reviiew of the said IS200.

if they have developed it why is it not for sale ?

I think it was a one-off for the MD's car :D

as there are quiet a few of us going to janspeed next month , perhaps we can ask them  :whistling:

Indeed, maybe we could get an answer to stop all this bickering! :mat:

no one bickering mate................just sick off the same guy saying he can get this & that for so much then we here no more about ;) you know what im saying!

Hi Guys...

I look forward to the pictures Martin.... :)

Hi Guys...

Can someone explain how this car is "meant" to be approved by Lexus GB but they wont even approve an official toyota kit????

Please put up pics asap so we can see the engine supercharger unit.

Hi Guys...

Can someone explain how this car is "meant" to be approved by Lexus GB but they wont even approve an official toyota kit????

Please put up pics asap so we can see the engine supercharger unit.

Rob, pic of supercharger + engine(janspeed one) in issue 2 of jtuner (same one a bazza car is in ) it says that the conversion is sanctioned by toyota GB :o

• 2 weeks later...

the truth is revealed

janspeed were given an IS200 by Toyota to fit and assess the TTE supercharger

no manifold was made for it , what they did was to alter the pipework to the supercharger to enable a colder air feed to it, rather than the stock air feed which is sucking in warm air

this they did and it was dyno`d at 225bhp, an increase on the standard of 10bhp

........Toyota rejected it ! , and no further work was done on development for Toyota

however the MD had his own personal is200 , which was de-catted , using a straight through manifold, and exhaust system

so in theory yes janspeed have made a manifold

in reality they will make whatever you ask them to

cost is another thing!!!

When I was sizing up the spare radiator, I was chatting to the MD and he explained about the re-direction of the pipework. It reduced the temperature going into the throttle body by 16c in their tests. Cost for them to do it today is around £300.

I'm going to email them about manifold prices later today, will be intresting to see how much they cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys...

Have just got round to posting some piccies of my supercharged lexus IS200 Sport. Purchased from Lexus in Reading with FSH from lexus and a warrenty.

I had the back box removed from the exhaust at Janspeed becasue to be honest it was very unsightly and very loud and now looks much better without it...

Have lost a bit of power but still kicks out about 200 BHP to the back wheels.

Could be up for sale if the price is right ????

let me know what you think...

Cheers Martin :D

post-5086-1132573362.jpg

post-5086-1132573392.jpg

post-5086-1132573448.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links