Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After the fiasco of the past week or so, (see thread He Wants His Merc Back), the boss's car is now running as it should. Thank you Lexus in Belfast.

But now he wants some inner bling. B)

Around the window control switches on the doors, and on the front centre consol/ashtray area, is a brushed aluminium effect. In his (and my) opinion, that really takes away from the look. So he asked about dash kits. I got one for my '00 GS and my brother-in-law's '90 LS from bdtrims.co.uk and for a self adhesive kit, it doesn't look too bad at all. I do believe that Colin very kindly put some pictures I had in one of the galleries a while back. (Computer crash since then and all records lost). :crybaby:

But I digress. Now the boss would like one for his '02 430, but with the pieces that would cover all that nasty aluminium. And thereby lies the bogey. All the kit companies that I have seen on the 'net, of which 99.9% seem to be Stateside, none of them seem to cover the aluminium areas.

Does anyone out there have any additional ideas?

I even went to Lexus to see if they would do a swop over, but was told that they do not do that.

If anyone wants to kill an hour or so and have a stab at this, the car is '02, with navigation, premium pack,(luxury pack in US), and what little wood trim is in it is a yellowy/orangey colour; I think that's called Golden Bird's Eye Maple; by all means do, and let me know if you have any luck. I didn't.

Thanks.

Phil.

try these

wood dash

or

wood kits

or

wood

or

kits

Check that they do RHD

Hope these links help

Yep, tried all them, and a few more besides. If you take a look at the sample pic on the first site, that is the colour; but if you look at the 'shadow sheet' you will see that it is all there but the centre consul area and the door window switch areas. And those are the most important areas that need doing.

I actually e-mailed a few other companies I found, but as of yet have had no replies.

Still trying.

Phil.

:duh: Have the same problem Chippy01,

Lexus informed me that to replace the aluminium parts on the parts you mentioned could be done but at a cost of over :tomato: :tomato: £1000 yep £1000, as mine was a brand new car I was a bit miffed to say the least.

Am at a loss as to why some LS430s have wood and some have the aluminium on certain parts.

Still trying to find somebody who can do just the bits that are missing.

Good luck anyhow

• 2 weeks later...
:duh: Have the same problem Chippy01,

Lexus informed me that to replace the aluminium parts on the parts you mentioned could be done but at a cost of over  :tomato: :tomato: £1000 yep £1000, as mine was a brand new car I was a bit miffed to say the least.

Am at a loss as to why some LS430s have wood and some have the aluminium on certain parts.

Still trying to find somebody who can do just the bits that are missing.

Good luck anyhow

Well, jjf946, I thought I was onto something a few days ago. One company answered my e-mail :mat:

I had to take a few pics of the offending areas, and send them off, and here is his reply:-

""Our problem is this: we do not make the pieces for

the lower console around the shifter. Here in the states, there is not one

model that does not have factory wood there. The same applies for the

ashtrays on the door panels. These also are always made in wood.""

A bummer, or what? :crybaby:

But no matter, I will carry on trying, and maybe I will find something suitable. :)

Phil.

'Bling' (awful term!) refers to shiny stuff, normally chrome or gold. So if your boss wants to cover the shiny aluminium in wood, he is in effect 'DE-blinging'!!!

I'm sure that he will be DElighted to hear that.

But if you look at the kits on offer, you will see that it is shiny stuff. Shiny, plastic, wood effect, self adhesive pieces. :lol:

Phil.

:ohmy::ohmy:

Thanks for the info Phil,

strange to hear that no car in the States has alumimium parts in the cockpit.

must just be another rip-off in the UK.

regards

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links