Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth Kit Phone Rest

I`m picking up my new RX 400 in 10 days SE with Satnav which I believe comes with the new Bluetooth kit. I`ve looked in the brochure and it comes with a `complimentary` secure location for your phone which charges and `improves reception` (see brochure).

I`ve got a Nokia 6230 but the dealer hasnt asked me what phone I`ve got so how will they know which cradle to supply ?

Any ideas ?

thanks

Gazman :zee:

:P

I`m picking up my new RX 400 in 10 days SE with Satnav which I believe comes with the new Bluetooth kit. I`ve looked in the brochure and it comes with a `complimentary` secure location for your phone which charges and `improves reception` (see brochure).

I`ve got a Nokia 6230 but the dealer hasnt asked me what phone I`ve got so how will they know which cradle to supply ?

Any ideas ?

thanks

Gazman  :zee:

:P The phone cradles are interchangable, but your dealer needs to know what phone you have to insure you have the correct one fitted on delivery. There are only certain cradles that Lexus supply but the Nokia 6230 is one that they do supply so you should be ok. At Lexus Woodford delivery was 1-2 days but i would suggest you contact your dealer a.s.a.p. Also ensure your dealer goes through the Bluetooth with you as it could be a bit trickey to use first off, good luck.

Any ideas ?

thanks

:P The phone cradles are interchangable, but your dealer needs to know what phone you have to insure you have the correct one fitted on delivery. There are only certain cradles that Lexus supply but the Nokia 6230 is one that they do supply so you should be ok. At Lexus Woodford delivery was 1-2 days but i would suggest you contact your dealer a.s.a.p. Also ensure your dealer goes through the Bluetooth with you as it could be a bit trickey to use first off, good luck.

:lol: Gazman, did you get your phone cradlle sorted. Something i forgot was that the phone holder comes the same colour as your leather,(mine did) and the interchangable cradle comes in black, i had the same phone as you and then changed it for a Samsung D500 only to be told they do not do cradles for D500 good phone though works well with the Bluetooth, so be carefull and check with Lexus that they do the new cradle if you change your mobile.

Thanks for that - I phoned my dealer (Manchester) and they said they would order the cradle for my phone...Not sure why they didnt ask me originally as the car is due in imminently. It takes 48 hours and will be fitted when they valet and Supaguard it ! (The only thing I got free with the car)

Just buying  a new RX-300 SE-L which has got blue tooth as well. But the dealer isn't supplying me any cradle at all. Am I getting ripped off

Checkout the brochure which clearly states `complementary kit`. Although it is a bit vague it is genuine !

Let me know how you go on !

Just woke up in a hot sweat - `Complementary` does NOT mean `Complimentary`.

I`d better check with the dealer before they charge me an outrageous amount of money to fit this cradle that a local guy can fit for a nominal amount.

I`II keep you all posted !

Just woke up in a hot sweat - `Complementary` does NOT mean `Complimentary`.

I`d better check with the dealer before they charge me an outrageous amount of money to fit this cradle that a local guy can fit for a nominal amount.

I`II keep you all posted !

:P I had the same problem with RX300 SE it's all to do with how they spell "complimentary", i thought it might have been standard on the 400H, very misleading though, let us know what happens.

Bartier - Good point.

Do you remember how much it cost you as an extra - presumably supply and fit as you need it to charge !

:D I had it fitted on my last RX, when i changed cars in May they quoted around £420 supply and fit to my new RX, I agreed to have it done but as i had changed my cell to a Samsung D500 i was informed the day after the sale that they do not do cradels for this cellphone. Not ther fault, also saved me £400+.

Just wondering why you guys are bothering with a phone cradle. I leave my bluetooth phone in the 'sliding' storage box and it works perfectly.

:P Thats ok, but it does not charge the phone or increase the signal strength.

I understood that the aerial that runs along the bottom of the windscreen does increase signal strength. I certainly get better reception on the move now that I have the Bluetooth connection.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links