Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

[Member-Organised Events]

Claire G

Lexus Owners Club Champagne Tour

You may have seen the various posts regarding the champagne run to the North of France.

Here are the definitive details. We need a commit from club members who are serious about joining this exclusive LOC run. Read on…

Dates - 7,8,9 December

*** A weekend in the famous champagne countryside of northern France staying in an excellent hotel with food and wine included ***

Throw in:

 An exclusive session on a race circuit

 Private visit, tasting and lunch at a small family owned award-winning champagne house

 The chance to drive the famous historic Grand Prix circuit at Reims

 AND an off-the-beaten track route through undiscovered France

All the ingredients for a fantastic and memorable time!

The cost of the tour includes:

 Return ferry crossings, Dover-Calais

 2 nights accommodation in a lakeside hotel on the edge of the Chemins des Dames ridge, with breakfast, 2 evening meals and Champagne aperatifs

 Private session on the Pescarolo Folembray race circuit

 Private tour of a family-owned champagne house

 Visit to the classic Reims Grand Prix circuit WITH the opportunity to lap the track

 Road books for the tour

The cost of the tour has, with thanks to Loz, been negotiated at a remarkable £299 per person

WE NEED YOUR COMMITMENT BY FRIDAY 18th OCTOBER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE DISCOUNTED RATES.

Please reply to this post if you want to join the exclusive Lexus Owners Club Champagne Tour and Loz U2U with details of where to send your deposit.

Thanks !

What a man Loz. I only posted about the Porsche trip a rew days ago! I love the idea but practicalities may be an issue here. I would be coming en famille but extending to include Friday is a problem because of schooling, and my daughter has only just started at a new school. I will u2u.

the nidea is it would a set package. if we start pulling it apart it will wind up being cheaper and more practical to go back to organising it ourselves :( but I am still up for the orriginal plan. I just Liked that Porsche one so thought it would be worth seeing if we could blag something similar.

On reflection I'm thinking that the original 2 day "informal" plan will work out best. But I am not writing anything off at this stage.

I have FAITH IN LEXUS OWNERS to rally round and make this a great trip!!! :tumble:

And if nothing else, I will not release any information on the health of nuts until there is a strong indication that 10 or more cars are going. (Need ten to get the blagged rate).

So come one, come all, just blinking sort it and lets go have a drink with some crois de grenuille or however u spell frogs legs en France.

Loz :tumble:

• 1 month later...

Hi Chaps,

THis old Chestnut again!!

Me and Mr Russell are going to do a Run to France on the Saturday and Sunday I Believe.

12.45pm outbound crossing from dover to calais

3:30pm return calais to Dover

Crossing is £69 for a car with three peeps in it.

Will be sorting out hotel soon also. but this is much easier on location so might just wing it!

So we have a GS and an LS going. (I might be in the Wifes recent aquired GS430 (with sport pack) so get yer skates on if you have finaly decided that you DO HAVE champers hankerings!

Loz :rolleyes:

Quick update. we need more drinking time!

Ferry at 7 am on Saturday - Sea France crossing £107.(Booked via Expedia.co.uk) Returning Sunday 4pm Crossing. Hotel currently trying for Saturday Night at Dizy (first choice was full)

Chemin "les Bas Jardin"

Any one else on for the trip. A quick weekend away and plenty of Champers to try.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Loz for organising this. A great idea turned into a great weekend.

Crossing at 6am (Loz had driven down through the night) meant we hit Reims at 11.30 am - just in time for everyone to have shut for lunch - so we followed suit. The moules were great and a walk round the Christmas Fair. Then to the tasting - Mumm first followed by Piper - Heidsich - 2 good tours - very different and the first champagne in the boot. Over to Dizy just outside Epernay - leave the ladies to have a sleep and we suss out Epernay - Christmas lights were great. Call in at a hypermarket and pick up some cheap champagne - just to try as an apperitif! Back to hotel try the apperitif down to restaurant for dinner - great - washed down with another champers. Breakfast then try some small family houses few miles down the road to them ( too many to chose ) but do a couple - just tasting - no tours but another 4 varieties - bought some of each. Then back to Epernay to do the Mercier tour - excellent - buy some more then hit road back for 4pm ferry.

Bottom line must do it again with more of us and we need an extra night (and may be a chauffer!) so we can visit more of the family houses (there 12,500 of them!). :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk