Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Puncture

Colin P

Hi guys,

So, drove to the cinema to watch Batman Begins and all was well, came out of the cinema to find my front nearside tyre was flat! :crybaby:

So, tried to pump it up and the air was ****** out so now have one standard wheel back on, after removing the wheel the cause was blatently obvious, a nail or something must have been in it.

Now, the car is going into the bodyshop a week tomorrow (that's £475!) so dont really fancy shelling out £100 plus for a tyre but obviously if it can't be repaired i'll have to!

btw its a Toyo Proxes T1-S 225/40/18

gallery_4363_57_27149.jpg

ok well thats what I like to hear, I know you cant repair it on the sidewall but didnt know if ones close to the edge were dodgy too.

just looked at the deal in gold and I can get a T1-R for £75.60 which is pretty good!

But, would this mess the handling up having three T1-S and one T1-R? They don't have any T1-S's on there

Not wishing to be the bearer of bad news but I had a similar puncture recently.

Mine was slightly farther towards the 'shoulder' than yours and 3 different tyre shops said it could not be repaired.

If the internal patch is in a position that the tyre 'flexes' as that bit of the tyre meets the floor then they won't touch it.

Have to agree with the above comments, I have a flat sat in my boot at the moment with a puncture in almost the exact same spot - nobody will fix it! - can't afford a new tyre at the moment. Damn!

I have 4mm left on my rears, so will wait and get 2 new ones soon. Just out of interest how many miles do you think I have left on the rears??

It can be repaired but as many have experienced, it is hard to find anyone that will do it that close to the edge. You will probably be looking at a new tyre mate.

I had a similar one repaired on one of my brand new pirelli's p zero nero's (before I switched to eagle f1's) worked fine and lasted the life of the tyre, which was a relieve as like I say they were brand new 3 days before I got it and £125 a corner

Im still driving round with the nail in my rear left....cant even afford the cost of a repair just yet  :D:

Bit risky mate, the nail will move about and you risk a blow out and possibly so much damage that the tyre can't be repaired.

Im still driving round with the nail in my rear left....cant even afford the cost of a repair just yet  :D:

Bit risky mate, the nail will move about and you risk a blow out and possibly so much damage that the tyre can't be repaired.

only two more days and ill have the money to get the rear left and the spare fixed :winky: :D

ok, well its borderline as to if it can be repaired or not and the way I drive i'm just gonna get a new one.

next problem is finding somewhere that will fit it if I buy one from the goldmembers discount website.

Up here around Manchester it isn't a problem. It goes into the gaffers back pocket ! Phone around a couple of 2nd hand tyre places they should be able to sort you out.

will do, other problem is dont want them to scrath the wheel, kwik fit guy said their machinery was crap and it would scratch the stainless steel coating.

one other garage has also said no.

will do, other problem is dont want them to scrath the wheel, kwik fit guy said their machinery was crap and it would scratch the stainless steel coating.

one other garage has also said no.

That repair can be done but only by using "hot vulcanization" also know as a "major" repair, cost £20ish. The attitude with "crap fit" is typical. i would get a new tyre, go to an independent for fitment "but" make sure they inspect the wheel for damage before fitting the tyre.

Up here around Manchester it isn't a problem. It goes into the gaffers back pocket ! Phone around a couple of 2nd hand tyre places they should be able to sort you out.

Know what you mean about back pocket :D took my 19s to them (KF) to take tyres off and then put them back on later in the day £10 all in :D