Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte S/c Kit Piggyback Unit.

Need a bit of help on this one.

I recently removed the TTE s/c from my car and sent it off to the person who bought it. I have got an e-mail saying that a part was missing. It looks like the piggyback unit for the ecu but as I have never actually seen one before I don't know for sure.

I definately did send the small black box that was wired into the fuse box at the front of the engine bay, but I think this part is seperate again.

Here is a pic of the part that is said to be missing (marked), but I did notice that the part that I have sent is also in the pic.

untitled8qx.png

My car seems to be running fine as standard which I didn't think would happen if the piggyback unit was still there.

Help on this would be greatly appreciated as I want to make sure this person has all the parts.

Thanks.

This shows the newer piggy (silver). Yours should be a black box (cube). It is (looking from front into your engine bay) in the box at the right hand.

The customer has to purchase the newer silver ecu from TTE. If he likes to. It's not a must have.

What I know it has only 3 connectors/cables.

If you send me your email I will send you the partlist incl pictures.

as phonedrome said there are 2 versions of the piggy back unit - the original black plastic resin sealed one and the newer aluminium cased one, the newer version lowers the rpm limit to 6200 instead of 6250 to prevent the fuel cut from happening and unburnt fuel entering the exhaust causing damage to the pre cats.