Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Maf Sensor Cleaning - Altezza

Zaphod

Thanks to Colins post I last night cleaned the MAF sensor which half cured my problem. Is there another sensor in the air flow path that might also need cleaning.

My cars symptoms are a miss every once and a while in the exhaust note when idling and a bunny-hopping effect at low revs, no accelerator push, say at 30 mph.

It definitely got better after cleaning the MAF sensor but is not quite cured.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Tony

PS - and no the bunny-hoping is not due to cr*ppy clutch work on my part! :D

I cleaned mine today, and to my suprise it helped alot!

I used electrical solvent cleaner.... the dirt was quite disturbing i thought.. little better to drive now..

Check basic things like coil packs and o2 sensor also...

FWIW Altezza Scott had same problem to this (i have supercharger so might be different to your both?) and he changed the MAF completely and the car is sweet as cookie now :)

I just cleaned my MAF sensor today and took less than 15 mins to do, the engine is more responsive now, and I would say it’s a must for altezza owners to clean their MAF’s.

Now for the hard bit, where can I find the O2 sensor on engine bay, do I have to follow the same procedure in order to clean it? Thanks

o2 sensor is on the downpipe. Not quite so easy to clean ;)

Ideally get the car on diagnostics checker to eliminate the o2 sensor...

If your car has no running problems, then not worth looking at... unless you have other symtoms of power loss

Hopefully everybody who has cleaned their MAF sensor will also see an increase in mpg in addition to the smoother running. :)

Just filled up after the clean at the weekend and will post any MPG gains that I get.

I should have taken a pic of mine.

Looked like i pulled it out of chimney after 10 years... no wonder i had problems...

I sure hope it improves mpg... last tank of optimax (£50) only did 200 miles... okay maybe i was driving on a boost more than usual.. :hehe:

Maplin do a good product - Switch Cleaner - harmless to the sensor and removes all traces of grease & oil. £1.99 for a can that'll last forever.

Hey MAF sensor, bit of a newbie to cars can someone tell me what it is and where so i can give it a good clean.

Cheers fellas

Maplin do a good product - Switch Cleaner - harmless to the sensor and removes all traces of grease & oil. £1.99 for a can that'll last forever.

Hey MAF sensor, bit of a newbie to cars can someone tell me what it is and where so i can give it a good clean.

Cheers fellas

There isn't one on the IS200

£1.99 for a can that'll last forever.

Thats Amazing, makes you wonder what the business sense is though :blink:

It's marketed towards the electronics faternity - who like cleaning their switches and plugs more than we like cleaning our MAF sensors. They probably order it by the case! :D

i know the stuff your talking about... we use it to clean pots and PCB boards etc...

like u said, works a treat on dirty MAFs!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links