Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Am I still the only SC430 owner here?

MJB

Hi everyone,

With the exception of Steven5058 (who seems not to have returned since telling us he was going to get an SC430 back in March...) I seem to be the only SC430 owner here.

Can this really be true?

Come on guys - don't be shy. If you have an SC430 let's have a chat about it!

Meanwhile, I've attached a not-very-good picture of mine (it's an imported Soarer version from Japan).

All the best,

Martin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm still here.. its now been 7 or so weeks, 3051 miles as of wed 1st May, and everything is cool...the sc430 is a faultless machine...heads turn everywhere. rare as chickens teeth. manchester is a better place now that my big blue sc430 is there.. lexus stockport still bring customers to see my car.. how mad is that..

gripes...cream leather seats...dont like black trousers... oh and some sad arse threw a brick at the bonnet week 2, had to get it resprayed £1200...not good...not happy but an excellent spray job. have done dublin via the car ferry. excellent time...felt like royalty...have still only seen 3 in manchester...anyway i should be at the next lexus gig and i'll give her a polish. oh and someone nicked the dustcaps = all 4 sad or what.. anyone in/nr manchester or cheshire wanna have a spin call me 07771807256

Hi Steven,

Nice to hear from you. We've since communciated by e-mail but I thought I'd just say hello here too.

Sounds like Manchester is even rougher than London! Touch wood and fingers crossed I've had no damage to my car except a couple of tiny self-inflicted wounds.

The heavy-looking gangster element in London presently seem happy just to stand around admiring it.

I'll call you if I'm ever up your way.

All the best,

Martin

• 1 month later...

:yes:

SC430 owners (plural just!) Just a note to say what a fab car you have. My wife and I test drove it at the Lexus Scottish Open day near Edinburgh a few weeks ago. It was lovley! We have a 19 month daughter and one due in 3 weeks so it is on our shopping list when we don't need to child seats in the back, for now we are more than happy with our RX300. Horses for courses and alll that. Look forward to joining your ranks in a few years, which I guess meens I need to place my order by the middle of next week :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 11-6-2002 by JohnRX300]

• 1 month later...

Rub it in why don't you....just need to save my pennies and I'll get one....

At the mo' it's either a mortgage or an SC430 :lol: :lol: :lol:

They're fantastic cars, drove one at a recent Open Road event. You'll have to come along to the next event - I promise not to drool over the paintwork! :tumble:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all-

I found this site searching for TRD parts for my SC430. And yes, I am a fellow owner. Mine is in the red -- Absolute Red as they call it here in the states, and it certainly earns that moniker. I work in the nightclub industry, and people flock around to stare at it whenever I park it in front of the clubs. I’ve had mine for about 4000 miles now, and except for one snafu with the CD player (it doesn’t like aftermarket CD’s), I’ve had no problems with it. But then again, my other Lexus never had any problems either, and it’s also a first year production car. My winter car is a 1999 RX300 with 105,000 miles on it (sorry, I don’t know what that is in kilometers). Is it 1 mile to 1.6 kilometers? In that case, that’s 168k kilometers on my RX. But like I said, it still runs as strong as the day I got it. I’m expecting my ownership experience with the SC to be similar.

Cheers,

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.I've never posted anywhere before so I hope this works!

Picking up my SC430 on Thurs this week in the UK....pre-owned but in good nick.If anyone wants to compare notes my e-mail is available...I gather there's been lots of discussion on the U.S. club website regarding tyres/wheels/ride etc so any tips gratefully received.

How many owners are we up to now in the UK on this site then,4/5?

Cheers for now.

• 3 months later...

I bought a new SC430 back in March 2002. It's a pearl white with saddle brown leather interior and dark cherry wood panelling. I live here in Hampton Roads, Virginia (here in the US).

Here are the Features I love about my car...

1. 300 HP, V8, 4.3 liter engine (purrs smooth at 130 MPH) :arrrggg-matey:

2. The touch screen navigation system is very nice.

:excl: First of all, you can disable the highways and it will take you on all the back roads to your destination.

:excl: Second, if you are stuck in traffic, click the detour buttons and it will steer you around the breakdowns.

:excl: Third, entering an address takes you right to your destination in a different state -- yes, the DVD has all of the mainland US states down to the street level!

3. The heated seats (great for this cold weather) :hohoho:

4. The passenger/driver side temp controls

5. The hardtop convertable one button mechanism. B)

Gets you looks and compliments everytime you use it.

6. The 6-CD in the dash! :blush:

7. RDS rocks to display the song and artist on the radio

8. The cup holders that always come in handy when your

on the go and grabbing a cup of coffee.

9. The compliments in the parking lot and gas stations.

10. The pre-set seat and steering wheel positions to quickly restore everything back to your preferences.

11. The 007 headlight washers that pop out from no where.

12. Did I mention them all? :blush:

I'm another owner of this fine machine from the south east of England.

When I first got the car I drove into the local garage to get some petrol with the roof down and brought the whole place to standstill. I wasn't allowed to leave until I'd demonstrated the operation of the roof a couple of times!!

Again no problems in 15 months of ownership (yes I was one of the first) apart from "haunted" headlamp washers that would turn themselves on and empty the washer bottle in one hellish cloud of foam which turned out to be a bad joint in the wiring to the pump that shorted when it got wet.

The only other problem was the crappy run-flats that have now been replaced by Pirelli P Zeros and have transformed the ride and handling. No more tramlining and jumping about on the road under braking. I really do believe that the car fitted with run-flats is dangerous and anyone who is still driving around on them is risking life and limb. I am also waiting for that slow slug called Lexus to come up with the parts to bring my car up to current spec in the suspension dept, they really are dreadful from that point of view and really let the whole Lexus organisation down badly :angry:

Do you really need to do the supension work with the new tyres. I have checked with Lexus Edgware

road and they confirmed that the actual suspension work can be carried out at any time.

I am not sure about getting the suspension done. Want to try the car without run-flats first.

I agree with the stability issues with the run-flats. I felt more confident in the IS-200 sport

which had the whole setup sorted for driving hard.

What do you think of the Pirelli's, I am thinking of the bridgestone potenza SO-3?

Lexus Edgware are talking out of their proverbial backsides. The modified suspension has to be made specially in Japan and that's where the holdup is according to Lexus Customer Service Department who are just as exasperated as I am.

Yes the new tyres do make a huge difference, but having driven a latest spec car with the new suspension there is more to come. The Pirellis are great and seem to disperse water very well as I found out this morning driving to work. I hit a huge puddle covering half the road quite fast and although blinded for a second by the water being thrown up the car barely flinched from its course. They grip very well in the dry and all the bashing and banging associated with the run-flats has gone.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links